Phil Mickenson’s Champions Tour Event

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This makes me infinitely more interested in the Champions Tour.
From what % to what % would you call 'infinitely more'?

This might be must watch tv.... I wonder if he’s going to wear his shades on the course

A little off topic but......

Hale Irwin has 45 Senior Tour wins
Langer has 41
Trevino has 29

I have no idea if Phil Mickelson will earn 2 Senior Tour wins or 20 or 40, but it will be fun to watch and see what he can do.

I will definitely be watching some more champions tour or Phil is out there. I doubt Tiger will play there much when he’s older due to the injuries but I would think Tiger and Phil playing together would bring some big ratings.

Played that course a couple weeks ago. Fairways are pretty spacious which should help Phil. BUT in most spots there's no first, secondary, or primary rough if you roll off the fairway by even a foot. Deep natural area and brush along the edges. Phil misses too big too often to win there IMO but I'll be tuned in.

I'm not sure I see Phil playing a ton on the Champions, but it will sure be cool when he does compete. No doubt he could win still on any tour.
His exemptions on Tour must be far-reaching for years to come? And who wouldn't give him a sponsor's spot?
I see him more on the big tour if his health allows. (y)

Back