Phil Moving to Jupiter

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In unrelated news, sudden spike of high-end houses going up for sale in the Jupiter area revitalizes real estate market.

Looks like he wants to get out of a high tax state and move to Florida ( no state income tax).

Phil will definitely find a good game at the Medalist or the Bear’s Club. The golfing talent that lives in Jupiter is otherworldly. But, he probably won’t want to eat in you know who’s restaurant, it’s ok, nothing special.

Wonder if he’ll dine at Tiger’s restaurant ??

I can't believe anyone that makes money like him has a primary residence in California.

Last edited:
I should move there too. Good for Phil.

I wonder how long ago he would have done it if they didn't shame the hell out of him the last time he talked about the taxes being too high in California.

I am just surprised that it took this long, but I think he wanted to wait until his kids were through with high school before moving.

Even at 49 years of age I guess you can say that Phil still has some moves left in him. :LOL:

I see Phil hanging more at the Square Grouper than at the Woods Jupiter.
Dude..yes haha. That place is awesome. We always go there with my wifes aunt and uncle when we go down.

Finally getting away from those California Taxes hahaha

Lol I remember when he made those comments.

It is a big factor in his decision I'm sure. He can afford it but I'm sure he can find better uses for the $6,000,000 each year he is paying in California State income taxes.

We spent 20 years in California and out of the 7 or 8 couples we made good friends with while we were there, only 1 is planning to retire in California. They are all getting the hell out and taxes and cost of living are certainly big factors.

Lol I remember when he made those comments.

It is a big factor in his decision I'm sure. He can afford it but I'm sure he can find better uses for the $6,000,000 each year he is paying in California State income taxes.

We spent 20 years in California and out of the 7 or 8 couples we made good friends with while we were there, only 1 is planning to retire in California. They are all getting the hell out and taxes and cost of living are certainly big factors.

I would never live there.. Taxes and Cost of living being the 2 biggest factors.

Money aside this is a big move for his kids and wife. Probably leaving lots of friends and family. Didnt Phil also live in Zona for a while. I know his mom lives in SanDiego. Always room for more in Florida.

Jupiter? I didn't think we'd even settled Mars yet! Wow...

Phil's almost 50. Not a bad place to start the retirement phase. Curious how many years he has left on the tour as he is still very good and he looks better physically than I think he ever has.

Everybody loves Florida

First thought reading the title was that Phil would be neighbors with DeChambeau on planet Jupiter!

Well he is getting close to retiring so isn't pretty much required to move to FL?

Money aside this is a big move for his kids and wife. Probably leaving lots of friends and family. Didnt Phil also live in Zona for a while. I know his mom lives in SanDiego. Always room for more in Florida.

yep. He also has designed some courses here and owns a few as well.

Sounds like a great move to me.

Back