Roadrunner

Golf More Better!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I just received the best spam phone call ever: “The Social Security Administration has suspended your Social Security Number due to suspected fraudulent activity. Press 1 for information...” Wow, I didn’t think that was even possible! lol I’ll give them credit: they called from a 202 Area Code number, which is Washington, DC. The only reason I answered was because I thought it might have been a work call (DoD auditing).

Okay, let’s hear your best spammer stories!!

My whole family has gotten that one in the last few months. They certainly are stepping up their game. Feel sorry for those who fall for it.

Glad to see the FCC is on top of this.

My whole family has gotten that one in the last few months. They certainly are stepping up their game. Feel sorry for those who fall for it.
As funny as I thought the call was, you’re right - there will be a lot of people who will get hooked in by the spammers.

I got that call last week. Two things clued me in to it being a scam.
1. The voice was totally computer generated
2. This video from Devin Carroll on YouTube:

I've gotten plenty where I'm going to jail because I owe the IRS money and because I have outstanding warrants. Usually the voices are computer generated or of overseas folks. They make me laugh.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back