Photo from Michigan

tommyhaka

Reaction score
Handicap
Any photo from you neck of the woods would be welcome. It's interesting to see a photo from another part of the country. Here in SE Michigan, golf is something you do only on a simulator or at a Top Golf-like facility. This is a photo just outside my back doorwall where the deer and other wildlife play. It's hard to imagine the weather being warm and sunny, but golf will return in April.

IMG_20210213_170854120.jpg

My back yard at the moment:

687CE3EF-6F1B-44CA-941C-29AEF7B507F3.jpeg

I usually set on the porch with a cup of coffee and a cigar and watch the sun come up over the hills. This is what it’s looked like all day. You can’t see it but there’s a 1/2”-3/4” layer of ice on everything

5DC159B8-96B1-43DB-B4A6-9AEF970F227C.jpeg

Beautiful -30 day at my house today not a single cloud in the sky. Just stepped outside and took these!

The blue is stunning - it changes from lighter to darker depending on if you’re looking into or away from the sun.

F61769EF-1176-4C9D-9DE9-2D03A363929C.jpeg

8FFCE568-5C01-4189-AFD0-957512317B10.jpeg

What a difference a day makes! Still not golfable yet in the area, but it sure feels like it won't be long. This photo is from the same location as in my OP.

Attachments

• From backdoor.jpg
    From backdoor.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 11
What a difference a day makes! Still not golfable yet in the area, but it sure feels like it won't be long. This photo is from the same location as in my OP.
Looking a lot more hopeful. This week is looking better except for sinking in the mud around here.

I was a Michigan resident for 10 winters. I get it! To me the most depressing thing about winter wasn't the cold or the snow, though that would have been enough. It was the almost constant cloud cover. Some of those years we literally went six months without ever seeing the sun. That was depressing. In sympathy of your situation I am refraining from sending you a picture. Suffice it to say it's sunny and 70 degrees.

It was the almost constant cloud cover. Some of those years we literally went six months without ever seeing the sun. That was depressing.
That's nice you have nice weather where you are at, but I have lived here 65 years now and never remember not seeing the sun for 6 months. Now we have gone up to 2 weeks without Sol, but 6 months is a bit over-the-top. Frankly, I am tired of snow, don't mind the cold, but am tired of snow. Yes, more sunny days would be great.

That's nice you have nice weather where you are at, but I have lived here 65 years now and never remember not seeing the sun for 6 months. Now we have gone up to 2 weeks without Sol, but 6 months is a bit over-the-top. Frankly, I am tired of snow, don't mind the cold, but am tired of snow. Yes, more sunny days would be great.
Good to hear. Probably due to a difference in where we lived in the state. All my winters were around Lansing. I'm assuming you are closer to Detroit.

My back yard at the moment:

View attachment 8993284

I think I mentioned before how much I either envy or dislike you? Nice setup man.

Me? I built a damn igloo the other day and was going to sleep in it but it got about 10 degrees warmer than it was supposed to and my roof collapsed. Still a good fort for my little doggie or the kids for snowball fights. NC Ohio here. A96EA7FC-54E2-4E19-9A8C-D08E0B9BE34D.jpeg

Any photo from you neck of the woods would be welcome. It's interesting to see a photo from another part of the country. Here in SE Michigan, golf is something you do only on a simulator or at a Top Golf-like facility. This is a photo just outside my back doorwall where the deer and other wildlife play. It's hard to imagine the weather being warm and sunny, but golf will return in April.

View attachment 8993282
Photo above is feb 13, photo below is march 1st

IMG_20210301_155128436.jpg

We'll need to rename this thread appropriately: "The Michigan Countdown"

From my photo in the opening post to today, it's like a different world. 50 degrees and sunny today and I played 9 holes on the local course! Amazing how many people were out there.

I watched 12+ inches melt in about 2-3 days. Nothing better! Plus Accuweather is telling me no daily highs below freezing from here on. Fingers crossed.

My backyard

i-bdsKsFr-L.jpg

i-QCqVLnw-L.jpg

Well, this is not a michigan photo, but, because I'm bored a bit I thought I would see if anybody remembered this:

View attachment Lost Ball.mp4

Back