Physical or Mental? Both or niether

og512

Reaction score
Handicap
So over the past 2 years, my 19* and 23* hybrids were my go to clubs. Could hit or manipulate any shot from from just about any lie or bunker or tee from 210yds down to 150yds

Fast forward to this year, I can't hit a hybrid to save my life. I swtched from a CB to MB iron and my ball striking is as good as it's ever been. But I can't hit a hybrid. All shot are either fat or way right off the toe. which leaves me with no availble shot for my 180 to 205 yd shots. I am now forced to lay up or try to choke down on my 3w and hit a low runner.

I have been unable to notice any swing issues bc irons and woods have been solid. Could it just be something mental? No longer suiting my eye for some random unknown reason? Or is there something obvious i'm not seeing?

I am just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue where they can't hit a specific club all of a sudden and what, if anything, fixed it.

Thx

I've been thru something similar. I'm no expert but for me it came down to my expectations. After I got the results more in line with my ability, things got much better. Good Luck!

Have you tried hitting the iron counterparts that the hybrids were supposed to replace? Which one hits better?

might you (for whatever reasons) for your hybrids be simply placing the ball a tad too far forward in your stance?

Back