CONTEST Pick Golfinnut's OEM and WIN

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Our friend @golfinnut has proclaimed he is in search of a new OEM for his bag. He has been a 1 company man for a long time and is looking for some change. This thread should be fun.

Your job will take an OEM (you can enter as many times as you would like) and convince him on why he should play their equipment. If he changes and fills up his bag with their stuff, you will win and so will he.

Everybody can pick the same OEM, multiple people can pick the same, every company can be covered. But your job will be to explain why in detail he should play their gear.

If he makes the switch, then he will tell us who put him over the top and we will send both that person and @golfinnut something from that brand.

Mizuno! A long history of tradition combined with innovation much like his previous OEM.

Ping. They are raking up wins recently and they make sticks that flat out perform.

One oem for all 14 clubs right?

• Admin
Now this will be really fun! Thanks for doing this.
Who's idea?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Admin
Cobra.

They have one of the most complete offerings this year and they've been riding a train towards the top for the past number of seasons. I'm not sure from top to bottom in every category that many other brands can compete with their line ups.

Plus you can look like Bryson, if you're into that sort of thing.

You gotta go with Ben Hogan Golf. Tradition and technology, with the bonus of "being a little different", since they are a brand you just don't see other people playing very often. I'm sure one of their lines of irons would fit your game, and reviews on their current long clubs have been really good too.

The innovation that Srixon has put into the bag is far and above any other OEM! Think about it huge silent bombers with 785 driver and Wood that is known around the forum, plus if no a 785 fan check out the turbo HB, the irons are buttery soft and look amazing whether you choose the blades(forged) 785 players or modest 585s... Plus you get the best Cleveland wedges as they are under the same umbrella.

Let me know where more information can be completed.

Callaway

Three words - Callaway Customs Shop.

More words - red white and blue for the Caps that driver and FW's.

Bomb woods (all custom painted mavrik's), solid irons (Apex 19 combo set), leader in putters (Toulon San Diego or Austin), and you're keeping your Vokey's anyway...so you're set.

Callaway. They have the most complete offering for a full bag. I love their iron offerings for different players and their drivers and woods have consistently been the best performing for me and I love the odyssey putters. I recently converted one of my wedges from Vokey to mackdaddy recently and have had great success with the wedge. On top of the quality they have excellent customer service, a great trade in program, and for budget golfers like me the pre-owned site is awesome. They do some nice giveaways on their social media which I think is a great way to give back to their customers.

Not for everyone, but they have a solid tour team and I really enjoy watching pro's who play the same equipment as I do.

Cobra Golf - They have something for every golfer in their line-up. Not to mention I think they offer great value for the product they put out, which includes the following:

Let's start with the irons, you have these amazing options:
1. T-rails: Forgiving sticks that will help you launch high straight shots that will land softly on the green and put a smile on your face, while playing the easiest golf of your life!
2. Speedzone Irons: A great looking set that offers both looks and performance in a great overall package. Maximum speed and launch on these guys!
3. King Forged Tec's: Have you seen them! Fantastic looking irons that seem to perform just as well as they look! Distance and playability!
4. Rickie Fowler Protos: You can spread butter with these once your done icing your stinging hands! Double duty!

And throw in the fact that you can get the Speedzone or King Forged Tec's in Variable or One Length, and you have so many amazing options!

Now for the woods. 2 available color schemes so if you want fast they have it, and if you want subdued (boring) there is the white color scheme. Can't go wrong with either (kind of)! Plus, Infinity Face!!

Infinity.png

Fairway woods give you tons of options:
1. Speedzone Fairway is a traditional take on the FW
2. Speedzone Tour Fairway same as above with a slightly more compact head
3. Speedzone Big Tour with near zero CG to deliver extreme distance!

Hybrids more your thing, they have those too available in both Variable and OL.

With driver you also have 3 great options:
1. Speedzone Driver: just look at the above picture and imagine ripping drive after drive with that club
2. Extreme Driver: Need a little more forgiveness, we have that covered too!
3. Tour Length Driver: In case you want a little more accuracy

Not to mention, if you want a great deal on clubs that have performed, you can go with the F9 line. Irons and Driver have page after page of rave reviews! Get them before they are gone, at a price that will allow you to play a few extra rounds with your savings!

Once you bag these you can go get a Cobra C Crown hat to top off your Cobra equipment, and maybe some Puma apparel and/or shoes as well!

I would say Mizuno.

1. Classic traditional company that has always made great products with minimal marketing.
2. They now offer a complete and high performance line. Drivers, fairway woods, Hybrids, irons, wedges, putters,bag and ball!!
3. I absolutely love their fitting system. The shaft optimizer is great and has been upgraded to offer recommendations to ball, wedge gaps etc. Awesome.

I would agree with @gkeller813 on Cobra, but it's not in my budget so I am planning on going with Maltby KE4 Tour +, from what I have found they are a very solid iron & in my budget range. Plus Ralph Maltby has a solid background in designing clubs. Just my 2 cents

I first thought Srixon. Could imagine Nut easily playing 785s or their blades. Thing is, it's not as big a departure. Color scheme is usually pretty similar.

I'm thinking Callaway. He could easily find something that works in every category.

@golfinnut Should definitely make a change to Callaway. The tech is really impressive using the super computer and AI to improve things. This year they wanted to produce a better sound along with better consistency across the face of the driver. The FWs are supposed to be phenomenal. @Canadan hits the Super Hybrid farther than most humans so I think that speaks for itself. I see he has a nice combo set of irons currently and I can't think of a better combo set of irons that the Apex Smoke combo set. The wedges are killer(duuunnnnnnnn dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn dunnnn). If you can't find a putter along the odyssey line, you don't know what you are looking for!

Good luck golfinnut!

Cobra ! The equipment has been top notch lately and incredibly well priced. The value is unmatched. As a bonus, if you stick with puma for outfits, you can wear and play one oem! Talk about being a company man…

Back