Pick my experiment (Driver Edition)

what are you looking to experiment with?

I would say Covert because you have more adjustments when it comes to lofts and face angle. But it depends on what you are looking to do.

Color me confused.

The Ddec is correct, the Covert does offer more "experimental" options with loft and face angle. Neither is super easy to experiment with shafts.

For experimenting it seems taylormade r11s or r1 are king.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I hate doing this because it's not an answer for the question you asked, but....

Why not get fit, that way it's not an experiment and you now what you buy will work?

Just based on Morgan Cup Sponsors I'd say support Callaway and do the xhot Pro, but in the end what are you looking for?

Color me confused.

The Ddec is correct, the Covert does offer more "experimental" options with loft and face angle. Neither is super easy to experiment with shafts.

lol @ the ddec

X-hot pro or VRS Covert and why?

Based on my experience, NEITHER and ALL!!

Experimentation should be done in controlled environments, so experiment with EVERYTHING you can get your hands on. Personally, neither of these two would be my choice but I've already experimented with them...

I hate doing this because it's not an answer for the question you asked, but....

Why not get fit, that way it's not an experiment and you now what you buy will work?

1. I'm an idiot (mama always said I did things the hard way)

2. I'm a tinkerer.

I like to mix it up and try different things. I understand the shaft adapters for the Nike are scarce, the X-Hot a little easier? I do all my own club work, so swapping things takes a day at most.

I guess what I'm after is if there was a single driver head that you were bound and determined to toy around with, which one would it be?

2. I'm a tinkerer.

Sometimes, for tinkerers, the WORST thing you can do is get an adjustable driver. You'll find yourself obsessing over every setting and messing around with it so much that you'll never be able to hit it the way you want. (been there, done that)

I like to mix it up and try different things. I understand the shaft adapters for the Nike are scarce, the X-Hot a little easier? I do all my own club work, so swapping things takes a day at most.

I guess what I'm after is if there was a single driver head that you were bound and determined to toy around with, which one would it be?

Can buy both from Golfworks. Nike is $35, Callaway is $25. Nike is, however, backordered.

Sometimes, for tinkerers, the WORST thing you can do is get an adjustable driver. You'll find yourself obsessing over every setting and messing around with it so much that you'll never be able to hit it the way you want. (been there, done that)

I'm more the type to get a head and experiment with different shaft combos.

Probably a little safer then playing with all 168 settings on an R1. :)

Then choose the head characteristics you want. Launch, spin, CG, etc...

Can buy both from Golfworks. Nike is $35, Callaway is $25. Nike is, however, backordered.

So is Callaway's. I checked today.

So the lack of adapters means there's more people like myself than I thought. lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

So the lack of adapters means there's more people like myself than I thought. lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Nike also has expressed little interest in making their adapters available. Because of liability.

Nike also has expressed little interest in making their adapters available. Because of liability.

No offense Blu but that is just B.S. As if they are the ONLY ones who can epoxy an adapter on a shaft. Ping is the same way. Just corporate B.S. if you ask me...

No offense Blu but that is just B.S. As if they are the ONLY ones who can epoxy an adapter on a shaft. Ping is the same way. Just corporate B.S. if you ask me...

You're not offending me. I agree with you. But it's what I was told by a Nike rep. Whatever that's worth.

You're not offending me. I agree with you. But it's what I was told by a Nike rep. Whatever that's worth.

That's just a nice way of saying they're going to control what shafts go in them and at what price...

If you ask enough questions it always comes back to MONEY!

That's just a nice way of saying they're going to control what shafts go in them and at what price...

If you ask enough questions it always comes back to MONEY!

I will say that acquiring my White Tie for the driver was very easy, and much much cheaper than buying one and installing an adapter myself.

I will say that acquiring my White Tie for the driver was very easy, and much much cheaper than buying one and installing an adapter myself.

KEWL...

How do you like that shaft btw?? I've heard good things?!?!

Back