Pick one aid to help you with your putting this winter

njmac2413

Reaction score
Handicap
it's no secret that putting can be where we all need the most work in the offseason. I can readily admit that I have sucked at putting for about 5 years now. I'm growing tired of new grips, or new putters every season, so I thought maybe this offseason, ( and probably a good majority of early next spring hahaha), I'd see what everyone was using for aides...

If you could pick one practice aide, to help you develope that money putting stroke what would it be? I don't want to be that guy that has 50 different contraptions to practice putting... give me the single best putting aide you think is available. I appreciate all the opinions, as I'm game for anything. lets see if we can't come up with a consensus #1 pick to groove the putting stroke for the rest of the year and next year! thanks guys!

A SeeMore putter.

A SeeMore putter.
As soon as I saw this thread, thats what I was going to post.

Couldnt agree more. A SeeMore putter is not only a great putter, but it's the best putting aide to use as well.

It's not really a device, but I find the biggest improvement in my putting stroke when I use a 4 corner square. On the practice green I use 4 tees, at home during the winter I use 4 balls or shot glasses. I have a straight back/thru putting stroke. I put down the 4 things in a perfect square with the gap b/w objects just wide enough for my putter to go through. I put the ball right in the middle of the 4 (think the ball is the single dot on a die side 1). It ensures a proper swing and contact. Good luck!

Besides a SeeMore? A Putting Arc.

A SeeMore putter.

I am afraid to try a SeeMore putter. That always means $$$. I just changed from my trusty Ping anser of 10+ yrs. to a 2-ball that I picked up 'previously owned' for $35!!!

honestly, I haven't even looked into the see more line of putters. I'd be willing to give it a shot though. I swear if I could putt decent I could be really quite good. I think that I could consistently shoot under par at the home course and probably drop the ghin handicap two or so strokes and play better at all the other courses I go to.

I've tried the tee trick on the practice green. I like that drill quite a bit as a matter of fact. It could stand to be done more often i suppose.

I came across an ad for a putting mirror or something along those lines... anybody else seen that. I'm not sure it'd be any good, I just remember it being an intriguing idea.

Where can I look more into the see more putters??

thanks for all the input fellas, and thank you mods for putting this thread in it's proper place!!

I can honestly say that I putt better since I got a seemore. Even some guys I've played with pre and post seemore have commented on how much better my putting stroke looks.

honestly, I haven't even looked into the see more line of putters. I'd be willing to give it a shot though. I swear if I could putt decent I could be really quite good. I think that I could consistently shoot under par at the home course and probably drop the ghin handicap two or so strokes and play better at all the other courses I go to.

I've tried the tee trick on the practice green. I like that drill quite a bit as a matter of fact. It could stand to be done more often i suppose.

I came across an ad for a putting mirror or something along those lines... anybody else seen that. I'm not sure it'd be any good, I just remember it being an intriguing idea.

Where can I look more into the see more putters??

thanks for all the input fellas, and thank you mods for putting this thread in it's proper place!!

Check eBay I see quite a few Seemore's on there for a good price. Even if you pick up a cheap one it could be a good training aide during the off season.

so are these for competitive golf or intended to be for use a practice aid?

thanks for all the responses... very cool site.

3 foot flat ruler...

I'd tap that again using tapatalk

so are these for competitive golf or intended to be for use a practice aid?

thanks for all the responses... very cool site.

Zach Johnson and Payne Stewart would say (former more than latter) they can be used competitively.
I would venture to check out that review link. THP sent some to forum members and those are their reviews.

my word, I sure do like the looks of that m2....not a fan of the center shaft I am seeing in some pics though...

Fortunately for me I can golf all year long so no need for an aid-just go to the green everyday.

It's not really a device, but I find the biggest improvement in my putting stroke when I use a 4 corner square. On the practice green I use 4 tees, at home during the winter I use 4 balls or shot glasses. I have a straight back/thru putting stroke. I put down the 4 things in a perfect square with the gap b/w objects just wide enough for my putter to go through. I put the ball right in the middle of the 4 (think the ball is the single dot on a die side 1). It ensures a proper swing and contact. Good luck!

This is what I do, except I typically use 2 books. Put your putter down and try and leave just a couple of MM each side, put the ball in the middle and hit away. If you hit the books either on the way back or way through, you did something wrong. When I start I make the gap a little wider to get the feel down, then as I go, it gets more narrow. Great practice for a straight back - straight through type stroke.

I place tees on the ground in a line to match the path of the putt. I usually use between 6 and 8 tees in pairs 1 1/2 balls apart on a pre-determined line. I make the putt once then place the tees. I limit this to 10 to 15 feet, hence the variance in tees used. I then putt the path until I make 10 in a row at with correct alignment and speed. Then I move the whole setup to a different break and do it again. I can also do this to a tee, if the green is busy, so I can be out of the way.

It may be complex, but, it really helps with alignment and speed. It is easier since I started using a SeeMore.

I golf all year round but I use the off season where are HC's are frozen to make any swing changes or improvements I want to make. For me, the one tool is the TM speed sleeve.

Last winter I got a 8 foot putting green mat and just practiced 7.5 footers for about 30 minutes most afternoons after work. I'd see how many I could make in a row. I know it can become very repetitive but it really helped me get consistent and confident in my stroke.

Last winter I got a 8 foot putting green mat and just practiced 7.5 footers for about 30 minutes most afternoons after work. I'd see how many I could make in a row. I know it can become very repetitive but it really helped me get consistent and confident in my stroke.

+1 I did this while I was out recovering from surgery. I bought a birdie ball green and practiced about 7 feet and in. My putting is WAY better now.

Like a few have mentioned, SeeMore and their methods/aids will be all you need. It's a great combination.

400517975.jpg
400517970.jpg

I'll have my Triangulator out a lot this winter just to get and keep my directional feel on line. I've never putted better than I have this year, both distance and direction, SeeMore and their training aid gets the credit for that one.

Back