Pick Your Cobra Bag

I'll give it a go.

Lefty Clubs

Driver:
King Radspeed XB 10.5* Peacoat/Red w Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 60 S
3 and 5 Wood: King Radspeed Fairway Peacoat/Red w Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 70 S
4 Hybrid: King Radspeed Hybrid w Fujikura Ventus Blue 80 S
Irons: 5-GW King Forged Tech w True Temper Elevate 95 S
Wedges: King MIM Wedge 52 and 56 (bend both 1* weak) w Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Wedge 115

All with Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus4.

I'd want the driver similar to my Ping G400 MAX. Lower spin, mid launch, and maximum forgiveness which seems to be the XB wheelhouse.

If the King Tour irons w MIM are released in 2021 in LH, I might switch to those!

Last edited:
This is difficult of course since I have yet to hit any of these offerings. I believe it would look something like this:

Driver: RADSpeed XB Tour Length 9*. I am not sure on shaft here. That would need a lot of consideration and probably a fitting. XB for the forgiveness and Tour Length because that is where I find most consistency.

Fairway- RADSpeed 3W. Same as driver on shaft.

Utilities- King Utility Irons 2,4,5. Probably go with Steelfiber 110 or Recoil 110 if available. I like the 2 for another option off the tee and sometimes on a par 5 second shot. The 4-5 are just a lot easier to hit and launch then typical irons.

Irons- This is the hardest decision and definitely needs a fitting. My inclination is to go 6-GW in King Forged TEC but I would have to give the RADSpeed irons a look as well. Again shaft is either Steelfiber 110 or Recoil 110 if available.

Wedges- King MIM. Standard or Black doesn’t really matter but both the same. 54* Versatile grind and 60* Wide Low Grind

Putter- Looks like currently just 1 option so unless that changes I guess it is a given. I would prefer something in a mid mallet with more toe hang if that becomes an option later down the road. If putters are not an option and we bring our own selection as has happened in the past. I would most likely go with my Newport 3.

King RADSPEED XB 9* Peacoat with Fuji Motore F1 70X
King RADSPEED Big Tour 3W with HZRDUS RDX Blue 70X
King RADSPEED Hybrid 2i loft with Tensei CK White 90X
King RADSPEED Hybrid 4i loft with Tensei CK White 90X
King RADSPEED OL 5-GW with KBS $_Taper Lite Black X
MiM Wedges 54* Versatile and 58* WL with KBS 610 Wedge Shaft

OK After trying the F8 OL and not being able to get along with them very well and following @JB with the new OL forum here is my bag contents.

Driver-RadSpeed XB Motore F1 Stiff Shaft, Peacoat/Red, Cobra Connect GP Align Tour Velvet Grip
Fairway-Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood, adjusted to 15.5, Motore F3 Stiff Shaft, Peacoat/Red, Cobra Connect GP Align Tour Velvet Grip
Irons- Radspeed OL 4-PW, GW and SW UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap stiff 1/2inch short to 37inches, Cobra Connect GP Align Tour Velvet Grip
Wedge- King MIM Black OL 60degree 8degree bounce, KBS HiRev Stiff 1/2inch short to 37inches, Cobra Connect GP Align Tour Velvet Grip

My why for the Irons is after following @JB on his OL journey with a shorter shaft I am convinced that I could give these another try and be successful with the 8 iron length versus the 7 iron length. I also chose the full set, 4-GW, just for the aesthetics part of it with only one other variable thrown in for the 60 degree wedge also in OL.
The driver I picked is a bit different from my current gamer, the Cobra SZ driver, but looking to mix things up a little and get a little more forgiveness on the driver is the main goal. The same goes for the 3 wood. I have not had much success with 3 woods off the tee or the fairway and I figured a little bigger would help with that. I also adjusted the 3W to 15.5 just for gapping purposes.

Driver: Kind RADSPEED XB Driver (9.0*, stiff, likely shortened by an inch)
3 wood: King RADSPEED (14.5*, stiff)
Hybrid: RADSPEED 2-Hybrid
Utility: King Utility Iron (20*)
Irons: King Tour MIM (4-PW; Unless Cobra can make some lefty RF Protos!)
Wedges: King MIM Black wedges (54* versatile, 60* wide low)

RAD Speed 10.5 * head
RAD Speed Big Tour Fwy
Rad Speed 4 Iron
King Tour 4-PW
MIM 50, 54, 58

Have to debate on the shafts.

RADSPEED RWB 9* fujikura motore F1 xstiff std length - natural progression from the SZ
RADSPEED big tour 3w fujikura motore F1 stiff - thought about leaving out the 3w all together, but backup tee club
KING Utility 2i UST recoil 780 stiff - gimme something low and hot for those windy days
RADSPEED OL 4h UST recoil 780 stiff - OL revolution
RADSPEED OL 5-GW KBS tour stock shafts stiff - OL revolution
KING MIM wedge 54* classic, 58* versatile KBS hi-rev 2.0 - very good wedges, slight change in grinds
KING supersport 35

alright, already made a change.
Think I'm going to go with the KBS $-taper lites in xstiff for the irons.

Driver: Radspeed Peacoat - 9* HZRDUS RDX Blue 60 1/2" short
5w: Radspeed Black/Turbo - UST Helium Black 5
4hy: Radpeed Black - Project X Catalyst 80
5-GW: Radpeed OL - KBS $ Taper Lite Black - 1/4" short
Wedge: King MIM 52* / 56* / 60*

King RADSPEED Driver 12°
King RADSPEED Fairway 17°
King RADSPEED Fairway 23.5°
King RADSPEED One Length irons 5-PW
King MiM Black wedge in 50/54/58
Supersport 35 Putter

I could play that bag. Like the three FWs and the OL irons.

RAD Speed 10.5 * head
RAD Speed Big Tour Fwy
Rad Speed 4 Iron
King Tour 4-PW
MIM 50, 54, 58

Have to debate on the shafts.
You should go with the XB and get that launch up :ROFLMAO:

RAD XB 10.5 - Turbulence/Turbo Yellow - Tensei AV Blue 65 S - Standard length
RAD 5W - Peacoat/Red - Tensei AV Blue 75 S - Standard length
RADSpeed One 4H - UST Mamiya Recoil 780 S (+1")
RADSpeed One 4-PW - UST Mamiya Recoil 95 S (+1")
Whatever Cobra One Length wedge goodness that is available bent to 49, 54 and 59 - UST Mamiya Recoil 110 S (+1")

Looking at this again, and reading up on the Big Tour 3, I'll add it to the bag with Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff - Standard length. The covers me in lofts from 10.5 to 14.5 to 18.5. There is a lot of overlap loft wise with the 4H, OL 4 and and 5 irons, 21, 19.5 and 21, respectively, so I have to adjust there. Between the Hogan PTx Pros and the Cobra FTs, I doubt I've hit a 4 or 5 iron more than 20 times in the last year. The 6 iron comes in at 24.5. Do I go 7W at 22.5? The 5H is 24. I could go with the 7W or 4H and be at 12 clubs. Is the putter available for selection? That would be 13. Lots of questions. Anyone have suggestions? Obviously, a fitting would necessary to gap everything but those lofts generally cover my yardages.

I also forgot that if allowed, I would be rocking this bad boy all freakin’ weekend. I got one on the way!

cobra_crown_c_sun_golf_bucket_hat_909482_01_bright_white.jpg

Can you hook a brother up with the link for that?

If picked I would go this route for my bag set up. All for forgiveness off the tee and feel off irons and short game

D- Radspeed XB 9* Peacoat/Red Ventus Blue 6s
3w - Radspeed 3W Peacoat/Red Ventus Red 7s
Hyb - Radspeed 4Hy Tensei AV Silver
Irons - King MIM Tour 5-GW w/ Recoil 95 F4
Wedges - King MIM 52* Versatile (bent weak 2*) & 58* Wide Low UST Reoil Wedge Proto F4
Grips - GP MCC Align

OK, initial thoughts. Clearly subject to fitting and change, both of which will happen.

Radspeed XB 10.5 degrees. Even Flow Riptide. Peacoat

Radspeed 3w, 5w and 7w with Helium Black Peacoat

Radspeed 5h with Recoil 469 ES Smacwrap

Radspeed 7i $ taper lite black

King Tour PW - 7i $ taper lite black

52 degree versatile grind HiRev 2.0 black
56 degree wide low grind HiRev 2.0 black
60 degree versatile grind HiRev 2.0 black

All shafts stiff, regular length/loft. Lamkin Sonar grips.

And yes I know there are two 7i in there....from what I've seen (from reviews etc) the Radspeed irons are about a club longer than I would normally expect, so putting that there in place of a 6i. I've always struggled with a 6i, so the extra help from the Radspeed would probably do well.

I think.....

King Radspeed XD Driver
KING RADSPEED DRAW FAIRWAY 3W
KING RADSPEED DRAW FAIRWAY 5W
KING RADSPEED FAIRWAY 7W

KING FORGED TEC IRONS 5-GW

KING MIM WEDGE 56 Versatile
KING MIM WEDGE 60 Versatile

Here's my bag

King Radspeed XD Draw in Red
King Radspeed Draw FW 14.5 3-F
King Tour Irons 7 - PW
King Forged Tech Irons 4 - 6 (if this combo is allowed ... otherwise all Tech irons)
50*, 54*, 58*wide low MIM wedges black
All in PX CYPHER shafts 6.0 (if they don't come in those, then PX LZ 6.0)
King Supersport-35 in 33" & 2* upright

Now that would be a sweet bag that I could definitely game for a long time! :thankyou:

RADSPEED 10.5 (Peacoat) w/the Project X Even Flow shaft with Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Connect grip.

RAPSPEED (Peacoat) 3 and 5 Fairway woods with Project X Even Flow Riptide shaft with Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Connect grips.

RAPSPEED One Length 4 Hybrid UST Recoil 480 Regular flex with Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Connect grip.

King RADSPEED 5-PW with UST Recoil 95 graphite regular flex with Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Connect grips.

King MIM wedges in 52 (versatile), 56 (classic) and 60 (wide low) with UST Recoil 95 Regular flex shafts and Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Connect grips.

Radspeed XB Driver 10.5* w/Motore F3. I tend to launch too low and I think think this combo could get my launch window where I want and control spin. The shaft is a bit heavier than I would like but I like the rest of the specs.
Radspeed 14.5 & 18.5 w/ Motore F3 (I hope I like that shaft)
Forged TEC OL 5-GW Nippon Pro 950 GH. I decided to go one length. The logic makes a ton of sense but I have never been willing to make the financial investment. I chose to go with my current shaft of choice the Nippon NS Pro 950GH, +1/4", Lamkin REL Connect Std, +1 wrap. Standard lie.
King MIM OL 56* & 60* same shafts and grip setup as above. I think I would need them tweaked to 55 and 59. I generally use 54, 58 so I would need to see how the gapping works out.

I am still one club short. I am waffling between a Utility and a 7 wood. Ideally I would like both of them but I think if I had to pick one it would be the 7 wood. I have tried a bunch of utility clubs and not found love but haven't tried a 7W.

I could build another real fun set of irons from Cobra's offerings.

Last edited:
Guessing at some of the shafts here since I haven't had a fitting lately, but...

D - Radspeed 9˚ Peacoat - Ventus Blue 6S
3W - Radspeed 3W 16˚ Peacoat - Ventus Red 7S
Hybrids - Radspeed 3H & 4H - Nippon GOST
Irons - Forged Tec 5I-GW - Modus 120S
Wedges - 54/60˚ Versatile - Modus Wedge 125S
Putter - Would have to go with my putter

I could also see going to a OL setup for 4H-GW but would really need to get fitted to make sure I'm in the right shaft.

Last edited:
Why: All this buzz around the new products has me excited. Thanks for the shopping trip!! :)

Driver - RADSPEED Driver 9* - Linq GM
Fairway - RADSPEED 3W 14.5* Fujikura Motore X
Hybrids - RADSPEED 3/4- UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4)
Irons - King Forged Tec Irons with Recoil 110 F4 5-GW
Wedges - King MIM 52/56/60 - KBS stock shafts

Back