PIck your kid’s Professional Sport

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.5
If you had a child destined to become a professional athlete and it were up to you, which sport would you choose for him/her (of course, women are more limited in options, unfortunately).

I would choose the NBA, because I no longer follow baseball, the money is fantastic, there is a great chance that the kid would walk away without being crippled and the travel is only half the time, unlike golf.

Golf or somewhere in the in field in MLB. I am a big baseball fan. Kicker in NFL can work, make lots of money and kick for years....

Golf and it's not even debatable.

Golf or NBA.

Really just the two sports I want to be able to play with my son.

If you had a child destined to become a professional athlete and it were up to you, which sport would you choose for him/her (of course, women are more limited in options, unfortunately).

I would choose the NBA, because I no longer follow baseball, the money is fantastic, there is a great chance that the kid would walk away without being crippled and the travel is only half the time, unlike golf.
100% golf. Would absolutely love to support him and join him out there in whatever capacity he would want.

Being a father of 3 girls I feel like Golf is really the only legitmate professional sport for women. Sure there is the WNBA but I am still saying golf.

Son would be MLB and daughter would be LPGA.

Are they gonna be at the top of their game, or grinding it out in the minors?

Golf.. So hopefully they can take me to Augusta National one day!!

I think it very much matters if they’re just grinding it out or are an all-star.

Assuming it’s the latter, I’d say golf. The seasons are great, career can be long, and it’s something you can do together casually.

From other standpoints, I’d say hockey.

I feel like this is a little biased seeing as the site we are on but I choose golf as well

Definitely go with golf, as they can have a 4-5 decade career if they are one of the top players in the world.

If I had to choose one of the 4 major sports I’d probably go with NBA. Lot of role players in the NBA who will make $100 million or more in their careers now with the ridiculous TV deals the NBA was able to sign with the likes of ABC/ESPN.

I think I'd go tennis. I'm far better at that game than I am any others, even if the money, top to bottom, isn't as good as it is in some other sports.

Let me begin with, I don’t force my kids to play any specific sports. I listen to them and let them play sports they enjoy. With that said, I have 2 daughters so I would prefer they play on the LPGA tour.

I would pick basketball. On average, they makes the most money and seem to not have the high likelihood of a sustained injury.

My son loves basketball so that’s what I would pick because it would make him happiest. My daughter...pro softball doesn’t exactly pay the bills so I guess I’ll go with beach volleyball, as v-ball is her 2nd favorite sport.

I always thought I wouldn't know what to do if I had a child with no athletic ability or drive to play, sadly I have 2 that fall into that category. My oldest is playing basketball now but the drive is not there maybe it could get better. My middle is just a walking brain. He is 7 and spelling words that I can't (not really that hard). For those I would pick an Olympic sport like distance running or track and field events. I know lots of work for those but also lots of pride. My youngest I think will be my athlete, maybe could still take after mom like the other 2. I would bet PGA, MLB, or NBA. Although I have told all my kids if they hit 7 ft plus all they have to know how to do is hit free throws and they are set.?

Tennis, both physically and mentally challenging game.

Well. I’m a a HS golf coach soooooooo.....;)

It would have to be golf. MLB would be a strong second.

I would support them in whatever sport they wanted to do but, not obnoxiously so. Seen to many ignorant helicopter parents while my daughter was competitively swimming.

Back