• 150 Yards to 30 Feet

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • 200 Yards to Green

Votes: 14 14.9%

• Total voters

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
Let's say you have to do one of the following to win an amazing prize or contest. Which do you pick and why? Are you feeling confident you are going to pull the shot off and win?

Option 1: Shot from 100 yards to 15 feet or better

Option 2: Shot from 150 yards to 30 feet or better

Option 3: Shot from 200 yards to hitting the green (we'll say its a fairly large green, 60 feet at its widest)

Picked the wedge shot. My game improves the closer I get to the green. I'd give myself decent odds, but I may not deserve them.

Option 1 without a doubt. Depending on the lie, wind, green hardness, pin location, etc., it is a full 54 or 58 degree wedge for me. Feel more confident that I will execute with those 2 clubs than any other wedge or iron in my bag.

I think I'm going with 150 yards. For me thats a pretty comfortable 8 iron which is the club I practice with the most. 30 feet gives me a little room for error. Id say I'm 70% confident.

Honestly with those requirements I feel most comfortable just getting on the dance floor with my 4 iron from 200. Maybe in a couple months I'd say wedge to 15 ft but right now that's not the case

Honestly with those requirements I feel most comfortable just getting on the dance floor with my 4 iron from 200. Maybe in a couple months I'd say wedge to 15 ft but right now that's not the case

I made them fairly tough scenarios I think. It is to win an amazing hypothetical prize after all.

Im going with just hitting the green from 200 haha. Im pretty sure I would be comfortable with the 100 yard wedge shot, but my grint says (or did before my last round) I was 100% on par 3 girs from 190+ haha. I think the sample was small though being only 2 or 3 greens

I voted option #2. Most margin for error with likelyhood of actually hitting the green IMO

I love the 100yd shot, and can usually get it pretty close, so that's my choice. I had one in our Regional rivaly that scoped right at 100yds. Stuck it to 2'

150 is an inbetween number for me, so I have to club up and take some off.

200yds... I think I can get it on the green more times than not, but am just more comfortable with that 100yd shot.

150 yard shot, easy. Course I played a ton had this exact shot with a green that wasn't nearly 60 feet across at any point. I'd say I hit the green a majority of the time with the 9i.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You're putting a 9i or PW in my hand, and I believe every time i should hit the green. Its a full swing for me, with no partial chaos. That would be my pick.

I'll take 100 yards, although I'd prefer 110 right now for some dumb reason.

Sounds like this shot is in your head already Cap....Better step away and regroup, dont want to overpure it and hit it 110

I'm in the 100 yard camp no question.

100 yards, just a stock 50* for me.

I made them fairly tough scenarios I think. It is to win an amazing hypothetical prize after all.
You really selected your requirements well. Tough choice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

I'm going with 100 yards 100% of the time, I just feel much more comfortable with a wedge in hand than any other club.

I may feel more confident at 100 yards, but I'm guessing my odds on just hitting the green from 200 would be better.

Because I have little faith in myself or my game, I want to say the 200 yards and just get it on the green. I would think that would have the highest probability of happening. But that puts either my 3h or 4i in my hand and things get a little crazy with those two on occasion. I think I have to pick that one though. I feel I'd have the best results on that one if I hit the shot 10 times.

I'm surprised the 200 shot is hanging tough with the other 2 so far. That would never enter my mind as an option. But i'm way better with wedges and mid irons.

150 yards is my favorite shot. So many club and flight options and just a yardage I'm comfortable with. Had that yardage at Regional Rivalry to close and a match and stuck it to inside 15 feet. Partner Huuh drilled the putt.

I'll go with the wedge from 100 yards, feel pretty confident can get within 15 feet.

Shot from 100 yards for sure. Wedges are solid for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My best odds would be on the 150 yarder. I don't understand all the votes that 200 yard shot is receiving given that the target at 150 yards is same size?

My best odds would be on the 150 yarder. I don't understand all the votes that 200 yard shot is receiving given that the target at 150 yards is same size?

Just to clarify, from 150 has to be inside of 30 feet. From 200 it just has to hit the green (could be 50 feet away)

Back