Picomic from Picogear

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
My search for great sounding travel gear continues and yesterday this awesome device arrived.

Two tiny clip mics that can work together and the battery life is a crazy 20 hours.

Should be fun for content this year.

4003709B-44A3-4BCF-BD22-D5BFA48AD1EE.jpegDD22D910-C459-4B99-A096-4DCB4ED0D47E.jpeg60C9DDD5-E4A2-43A2-85E9-0F39C73C5CB9.jpeg

That’s a cool little setup. Designed to be used as lapel mics it looks like?

• Admin
That’s a cool little setup. Designed to be used as lapel mics it looks like?

Yes sir. Two channel in a small digital package has always been an issue and this should fix that.
Will it work in a convention center packed with interference? No idea, but it will be a nice test for PGA Show. The real reason is for interviews on the road where I dont want to travel with a boom mic or use a handheld.

That’s great! Amazing how far this tech has come! Still see lots of people using rhode mics plugged into an old iPhone... clever setup here!

Yes sir. Two channel in a small digital package has always been an issue and this should fix that.
Will it work in a convention center packed with interference? No idea, but it will be a nice test for PGA Show. The real reason is for interviews on the road where I dont want to travel with a boom mic or use a handheld.

for me, not seeing a boom drop into the picture randomly, and not seeing a handheld shoved into someone's face really makes the content look more professional. I also like the cadence that can be achieved with two hot mics. having to pass a single handheld back and forth can make the banter less natural.

• Admin
for me, not seeing a boom drop into the picture randomly, and not seeing a handheld shoved into someone's face really makes the content look more professional. I also like the cadence that can be achieved with two hot mics. having to pass a single handheld back and forth can make the banter less natural.

I definitely agree. In some areas for what we do its a necessity, like loud conventions, etc. This will hopefully alleviate just about all other times though.

Looks like a great device. The microphones are really small. Is the clip really strong? Looks like something you would wear, then not notice it was missing.

• Admin
Looks like a great device. The microphones are really small. Is the clip really strong? Looks like something you would wear, then not notice it was missing.

The clip is strong enough. As strong as most Lav mics.

This will definitely be better than seeing the mic going back and forth.

This will definitely be better than seeing the mic going back and forth.

Outside of PGA Show that is rarely done in our content. It still might be there at PGA Show for a number of reasons.
Check out some of our recent videos when you get a chance. Some good stuff out there.

Very cool. Hopefully these work well

Back