Pics from my Pig Roast over the 4th

cg13

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.3
A lot of work - but it turned out to be the tastiest BBQ ive ever had.

you can view the entire album on my facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/mbuemi1

took me 2 days to make the pit, and line it with stone:
IMG_4661.jpg

about an hour in:
IMG_4693.jpg

getting close
IMG_4700.jpg

finished: crisping the skin
IMG_4789.jpg

ready to carve
IMG_4799.jpg

carving
IMG_4814.jpg

not sure there is much left lol
IMG_4818.jpg

some chickens the night before
IMG_4690.jpg

last meal:
IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

Grilled some New York Strips with Grilled Onions and Peppers

Random Shot of the Pond
IMG_4711.jpg

playing with my Mom's lab
IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

Cool! Did anyone have issues with eating that pig with a face?

I wouldn't, but when we were in Hawaii, one person couldn't handle it.

Beautiful lab - my 2 LOVE playing fetch in the water also!!

Cool! Did anyone have issues with eating that pig with a face?

I wouldn't, but when we were in Hawaii, one person couldn't handle it.

One of My Sisters is a Vegan. So she avoided the fire pit the whole time. I carved it up - and served it inside with a tray of Meat. It was my first pig roast - i absolutely loved it! it took a lot of planning and work - but it was well worth it - and next time it will be infinitely easier.

Looks good cg, nice job on the pit too. Now I think I will have barbque for supper tonight.

Gotta love a pig roast. I have one to attend next Saturday.

Beautiful lab - my 2 LOVE playing fetch in the water also!!

Love playing with the Dog. it was the first and last thing i do before leaving. She was a xmas present to my mom two years ago. and she absolutely loves it up there.

Nice work CG. I couldnt have eaten the pig lol. I'm not even close to a vegetarian or vegan. Just that face staring at me. Looks like a lot of fun dude and hearing the cook you are, I'm sure it tasted fantastic.

nice man, I used to have pig pickins all the time!

Nice job!!

I hear the cheek meat is the tastiest part of the whole hog. Would have no problem eating that face!

I'd like to come kidnap that dog.

Looks good CG. I haven't been to a pig roast since I was in HS. Great looking lab too.

So what's on the menu for your BBQ at the morgan cup?

So what's on the menu for your BBQ at the morgan cup?

i dont know? ill be on the course for a practice round in the am. we have the THP dinner Friday - so i think we decided we'd do something at the house thursday.

I really have no idea; open to suggestions though.

Not sure about the size of grille's we'll have -s o that plays a small part. Could do some ribs in the oven, and finish em on the grill.

maybe just a cookout - Burgers? brats? etc etc... well see i guess when we get situated down there

Looks awesome CG. It's been years since I've been to a pig roast. I do remember it being mighty tasty! I wouldn't eat anything from the head, but the rest- sign me up! Thanks for sharing!

Wow, that was a huge undertaking! Great job on the fire pit and roasting. Looked like a BUNCH of fun was had.

I'm sure it was some hard work, but the focus it takes to do something like that for the first time will transfer out to the golf course for sure. So just consider it more prep for the Morgan Cup.

That roast pig looks absolutely delicious! You have just given me a great idea for next year:thumb:

My fraternity does a big pig roast for our alumni and it's great food and a great time. Nothing like ripping into a full pig the meat is so tender

Tap tap taparoo

Yummy...Noting like pig on a spit, not much to look at but they do taste oh so good.

That lab looks great! He must love being out there and getting to swim. We have a golden retriever and if it wasn't for the longer hair we would let him swim more, he loves to.

My work had a pig roast this year and it was delicious. Your lab looks like mine only thinner. He's a good pup just like my springer spaniel.

Nice looking pig you had there! I wish I could do a whole pig, my little smoker won't fit one, but I like the idea of an outdoor pit. How hot was it just walking up to the pit?

Wow, that looks great!

Back