Pics of the TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons

I like your thinking Hawk!
Maybe TMaG will go with that as their marketing focus?

The NEW TaylorMade MC irons. These have "IT"! The speed pocket makes these irons feel smooth. Not quite butterier, but "IT" makes your shots margerinier

Maybe TMaG will go with that as their marketing focus?

The NEW TaylorMade MC irons. These have "IT"! The speed pocket makes these irons feel smooth. Not quite butterier, but "IT" makes your shots margerinier

Nah nah.

Might as well rip off as many companies as possible with the marketing...

"US Butteriness > Japanese Butteriness"

Here's what I find interesting and makes me wonder if TmAG has backed them self into a corner. From just a styling and marketing stand point only as I think we can agree they are towards the front in innovation. The MB looks very similar to the Titleist 712/714 MB line. Everyone, for the most part, think those are an extremely good looking and sexy club. I happen to agree as I look at them everyday. But a lot of people are calling the TmAG MB, plain, boring, bland, and unattractive. The complete opposite of what people think of the 71x line, which looks pretty similar. Has TmAG gee whizzed, wizzbanged, and color paletteed, themselves into where some thing understated is seen as ugly and boring?

I don't know, I think the MB's look beautiful. I'll just be curious how they look in hand more than anything.

I think they all look great, but they all seem very different looking whereas the previous series all looked pretty similar.

I'm looking forward to post-embargo-date pics.

Nah nah.

Might as well rip off as many companies as possible with the marketing...

"US Butteriness > Japanese Butteriness....True Story Brah!"
Fixed it

I don't know, I think the MB's look beautiful. I'll just be curious how they look in hand more than anything.

I agree 10000%. I think the MB's are the best looking iron TM has put out in a LONG time. Don't think I could play them, but beautiful nonetheless.

Here's what I find interesting and makes me wonder if TmAG has backed them self into a corner. From just a styling and marketing stand point only as I think we can agree they are towards the front in innovation. The MB looks very similar to the Titleist 712/714 MB line. Everyone, for the most part, think those are an extremely good looking and sexy club. I happen to agree as I look at them everyday. But a lot of people are calling the TmAG MB, plain, boring, bland, and unattractive. The complete opposite of what people think of the 71x line, which looks pretty similar. Has TmAG gee whizzed, wizzbanged, and color paletteed, themselves into where some thing understated is seen as ugly and boring?

For some yes. For others who appreciate simple, clean, strong lines, they are wetting our appetite

Typical weekend golfers, not us nuts, were drawn to TM because of the white and then later by the RBZ lime green which caught their attention along with the "XX yards longer" moniker used in advertising. Let's face it, people bought into it, even though more serious golfers knew that they were holding a 6 iron instead of the marked 7 iron. More serious golfers (not just lower handicap, but us hackers who really follow equipment as well) were, for the most part, turned off by the loud colors and advertising and the performance is what had to bring some people around. Some still won't bag a white driver or neon green trimmed irons even though they may hit it well.

I think that this line appeals to the more classic and more educated golfer. They (again, for the most part) want clean lines with no much flair or color on their irons. Those are the people who think the 71X lines are beautiful, and I believe the segment that TM is marketing to with these. If you want flash and flair, go to the Speedblades or Rocketballz/Rocketbladez side. These seem to be geared towards the "All that noise and lights doesn't work on me" crowd. That is also the reason why I'm so interested in these. I absolutely loved the clean lines and "Plain-ness" of my Mizunos, but my game declined to the point to where a player's iron was just too much for me on the course, so I went to something a lot more forgiving and bought the Cobras.

I would like to apologize for sparking this forged vs. cast debate (the worst kind). My original post was worded very poorly. I was not implying that they should be forged, I was merely curious why Taylormade decided to cast them when their predecessors were forged. I understand and support the idea that there is no better/worse when it comes to forged and cast. Just thought that it was interesting how TM changed it.

My guess would be because of the speed pocket.... Cast is much more ridged and springy where forged is very soft and not springy at all. With the speed pocket a forged club head would never be able to hold up, the pocket would collapse almost immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin Rose's bag for the Nedbank Golf Challenge this week: CB for 3i-5i, MC for 6i-9i, MB in his PW.

eff2d9eff450a5ce9d3d047db32addbd_view.jpg

That flow with the different irons is something I could be interested in. All of the irons do look attractive to me.

I can't tell if it's a shadow or a speedpocket on the 8 iron. Guessing just a shadow

I can't tell if it's a shadow or a speedpocket on the 8 iron. Guessing just a shadow

Definitely a shadow since the MC 8 iron won't have a speedpocket.

I'm not sure if anybody has already said this, but I'm so glad that TM axed the big weight screw in the back of the TP series. The new line looks SO much cleaner, IMO.
I may be in the minority, but I liked the looks of previous version better than these.

I may be in the minority, but I liked the looks of previous version better than these.

I liked the look of the previous line too.

Look good, though the red "Preferred" needs a little time to grow on me after seeing the pics of those in Rose's bag.

Too bad they were unforgiving as heck. Haha
I've had the 2011 TP CBs about a year now & I don't find them any less forgiving than the Ci7s I played for years.

It's funny how different clubs fit different players.

I've had the 2011 TP CBs about a year now & I don't find them any less forgiving than the Ci7s I played for years.

It's funny how different clubs fit different players.

It was a pretty wide spread and common sentiment about the line as a whole. But, yes, different strokes for different folks of course.

Too bad they were unforgiving as heck. Haha

yeah they certainly did not offer anything in that department. I may have to swipe yours after the show haha

yeah they certainly did not offer anything in that department. I may have to swipe yours after the show haha

You'll get to see them hands on there for sure, but they're coming back to OK. Haha

You'll get to see them hands on there for sure, but they're coming back to OK. Haha

hope you don't find it weird when you wake up in the middle of the night and see me standing over your clubs

Liking the looks of the CB's

Back