Pictures of the course

Great lookin course 4-putt.

I wouldn't want to play that course. I would fear skulling a wedge into those greens and chipping away a fossil.

Great lookin course 4-putt.

I wouldn't want to play that course. I would fear skulling a wedge into those greens and chipping away a fossil.

He he... not much chance of that. Fossils are still rocks.... lots harder than a golf ball. :D It's fun course to play. I know that some of the other THPer's from around here have played there too.

Golf Photo thread

Golf Photo thread

Hey guys, did a search but couldn't find if a thread like this already existed.
Sometimes when I'm out on the course I see something that I just have to take a photo of whether it is a fantastic lie, the result of a great shot or just something tranquil or magnificent about the surroundings. I thought it would be cool to have a thread to put these photos into if any of you do the same thing. Just post up whatever photo you took on the course.
Here's a couple I took today. This particular hole is one of my favourite on our course. It isn't a particularly hard hole but you tee off over water with the hole bending around to the right and then it bends back around a big tree to the left to reach the green. After I drove the ball I went down to the fairway and there was a whole mob (family) of Kangaroos on the fairway. A couple of the roos had joey's in their pouches. I pretty much walked right up to them before they took off. Something beautiful in that moment as we both went about our business watching each other with interest. Had to take a photo. Also had to play the safe shot of a high lofted iron to make sure I didn't hit any of them.
IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

Wish I had something better than my mobile phone to take the photos with. I'm a bit of a hobby photographer and am starting to bring my DSLR out on the course with me to get some good photos as I love golf photography.

ah cool thanks, searched for it but couldn't find anything.

Hey guys, did a search but couldn't find if a thread like this already existed.
Sometimes when I'm out on the course I see something that I just have to take a photo of whether it is a fantastic lie, the result of a great shot or just something tranquil or magnificent about the surroundings. I thought it would be cool to have a thread to put these photos into if any of you do the same thing. Just post up whatever photo you took on the course.
Here's a couple I took today. This particular hole is one of my favourite on our course. It isn't a particularly hard hole but you tee off over water with the hole bending around to the right and then it bends back around a big tree to the left to reach the green. After I drove the ball I went down to the fairway and there was a whole mob (family) of Kangaroos on the fairway. A couple of the roos had joey's in their pouches. I pretty much walked right up to them before they took off. Something beautiful in that moment as we both went about our business watching each other with interest. Had to take a photo. Also had to play the safe shot of a high lofted iron to make sure I didn't hit any of them.
IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

Wish I had something better than my mobile phone to take the photos with. I'm a bit of a hobby photographer and am starting to bring my DSLR out on the course with me to get some good photos as I love golf photography.

Well this beats the rabbits found on my course hands down

aren't kangaroos usually wearing boxing gloves>? im confused....

I would guess that the droppings that the kangaroos leave behind could be a problem if your ball came to rest in the wrong place. Cool pics

Couple pics taken with the iPhone today at Stevens Park outside Dallas, TX.

e0358652.jpg

23f78a97.jpg

What happened to the grass? haha j/k. Looks cool with the big city building in the distance. Like you're really getting away for a few hours.

Moved some recent posts from the Action photos thread to this one.

aren't kangaroos usually wearing boxing gloves>? im confused....
Only on fight night.

I would guess that the droppings that the kangaroos leave behind could be a problem if your ball came to rest in the wrong place. Cool pics
There was actually heaps of droppings on the course that day, they don't cause much problem, like big rabbits. In fact I used to know an aboriginal guy who said you could eat possum and kangaroo droppings, dont know it it was a joke or not but he seemed serious.
But nah my ball has come up against droppings heaps of times with no problem.

Wow! Great pics everybody. Love seeing the different settings. Kangaroos? I'm sure that's not uncommon in Australia there but something I would never think about. lol. I'll have to see if I can get some from courses around here.

What happened to the grass? haha j/k. Looks cool with the big city building in the distance. Like you're really getting away for a few hours.
That dormant bermuda grass in the winter isn't the greatest looking stuff, for sure.

I love the look of the Dallas Skyline in the background

Clear Lake Golf Course (aka Wasagaming Golf Course) in Manitoba, Canada. This is a picture I took of the 17th hole. I hit a nice easy 9 iron to the green but 3 putted on the wickedly fast greens.

Sorry, I'm not sure how to get this picture to show in the thread...

Great pics roswell and Nate. Those kangaroos are BA. Australia is on my short list of places I will definitely travel to in the next few years. And Nate, the course looks cool all brown and dry (looking). Like Ddec said, great pic with the Dallas skyline in the background.

Back