Reaction score
Handicap
< Last Yr!
A couple from Acoaxet Club in Westport, MA this past week

Doubleb21

Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My wife’s ball ended up right by the huge hawk yesterday. He was hunting and did not even care. I drive over and he didn’t even look up lol. She left it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LLIB

LLIB = BILL
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
My wife’s ball ended up right by the huge hawk yesterday. He was hunting and did not even care. I drive over and he didn’t even look up lol. She left it there.

If he really was in hunting mode she could’ve went over and hit and he would never even noticed her

Doubleb21

Reaction score
Handicap
If he really was in hunting mode she could’ve went over and hit and he would never even noticed her
He didn’t care at all. I have never been that close before so it was pretty cool.

tahoebum

Reaction score
Handicap
Pictures of the course

One of the two Cragun’s Resort Legacy courses where I play about 25 rounds each summer. The condition of the greens and fairways rivals any of the private courses in Minnesota.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlueHen2006

Team THP #Grandaddy2018
Reaction score
Handicap
Wow just the thought of golfing until 10pm put a huge smile on my face. I'm living in the wrong part of the world now!!!

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Reaction score
Handicap
Wow just the thought of golfing until 10pm put a huge smile on my face. I'm living in the wrong part of the world now!!!
In wintertime you'd probably have the opposite reaction. Lol, But right now it's heaven!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

zbeekner4

Reaction score
Handicap
TPC Las Vegas yesterday
Mid-80s with some heavy winds.
Fantastic course though, conditions were really good for June

Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 14
Silverado South... A great little sister course to the Safeway Opens North Course

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 14
Nice Par 5 finishing hole at Silverado North.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Junkyard

Reaction score
Handicap
Apple Mountain - Freeland, MI

Apple Mountain - Freeland, MI

Apple Mountain Golf Club in Freeland MI. Played on our way out to Arcadia Bluffs. The "mountain" moniker was a bit of a let-down, although there are two holes (par 3 and par 4) where you tee off from the top of the ski slope and play down to the green/fairway below. Overall the course was in great condition, and presented a formidable challenge.
DSC_1401.JPG

Junkyard

Reaction score
Handicap
Arcadia Bluffs - Arcadia, MI

Arcadia Bluffs - Arcadia, MI

After visiting the Michigan golf show back in March we knew that we needed to make the drive and play Arcadia Bluffs. After watching the forecast anxiously for several days, the morning of we were greeted with partly cloudy skies and no rain until after lunchtime - long after we would be finished our round. While we weren't the first group out we were early enough that pace of play was very good, even despite us only being a twosome.

The first hole has lots of room to swing away and still find the fairway, although by the time you get to your third shot the sod-wall bunkers are looming. One of the first things you notice (at least we did) are the flagsticks - they are only about 5 feet tall. Oh, and the greens are HUGE. and FAST.

DSC_1502.JPG
The fourth hole - straight down towards Lake Michigan. The green is just behind the sod wall bunker on the left. It looks like if you're long you're into the lake, but in fact there are two full holes over the green.

DSC_1529.JPG
The seventh hole - back uphill away from the lake. No doubt that you're playing a links course.

DSC_1546.JPG
An innocent enough looking par 3. I'm glad the pin was at the back, because the false front on this green will reject a ball 40-50 yards.

DSC_1552.JPG
While the front nine is fairly open with everything in front of you, the back nine has a few "target" holes. Case in point the 10th - your aim point from the tee is the barber pole. Straight over the pole puts you in the middle of the fairway that is hidden from the tee.

DSC_1616.JPG
So you've survived 17 holes so far - the 18th awaits! But you can take comfort in the row of Adirondack chairs laid out in a row behind the clubhouse overlooking 75% of the course and of course Lake Michigan. Mother Nature put a damper on us getting to enjoy them, but nonetheless I'm sure they make for a great place to relax and have a drink.

Junkyard

Reaction score
Handicap
Grand Traverse Reosrt - The Bear

Grand Traverse Reosrt - The Bear

I'm not gonna lie - this course kicked my butt. I knew going in that it was going to be difficult, but there was something about this course that got in my head and made even shots that I would normally take for granted difficult. Despite all of this, I can't wait to go back and play it again.

DSC_1804.JPG
The first hole sets the tone right from the tee box - a look towards the green complex reveals the deep and abundant bunkers that you will have to avoid all day if you want to score well here. Once you finally get to the green (hopefully in regulation) you'll find green surfaces that I'm sure must rival a famous course located in GA.

DSC_1825.JPG
Oh, a simple enough looking par 3. I hit my third shot from the drop area. Then again, if you're gonna shoot in the triple digits you can't afford to make many pars.

DSC_1829.JPG
This hole epitomizes The Bear in one tidy package. Everywhere you are going to land a ball, be it a drive, approach, etc. there is potentially a hazard. You can never, ever let your focus lapse otherwise you're gonna be pulling another Pro V1 out of the bag.

DSC_1891.JPG
As a token olive branch, Jack does give you a bit of relief on the way back to the house. A straight-away par 5.

Final tally: 7 Pro V1s and 101 strokes taken.

Junkyard

Reaction score
Handicap
Grand Traverse Resort - Wolverine

Grand Traverse Resort - Wolverine

Gary Player's Wolverine course is slightly friendlier than Jack's Bear course. You can tell this as soon as you step onto the first tee box - a welcoming fairway, albeit sloped from left to right.
DSC_1923.JPG
DSC_1933.JPG
DSC_2016.JPG

As you can probably tell from the photos, the weather was not ideal for this round. But, when you're on a golf vacation you've got to take what Mother Nature gives you. On a side note, the course probably should have been closed (it was CPO) as there was standing water in many of the fairways.

ArmyGolf

Rise & Grind!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 7.9
Pic of the range at the ol home track.

djt311

Reaction score
Handicap
Before the storm hitIMG_20190630_201527_301.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

GraniteRoost

Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Pictures of the course

Peaceful waterfall on Kedron brook at Woodstock Country Club in VT. Par 3 15th hole 150 yds

GraniteRoost

Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
After visiting the Michigan golf show back in March we knew that we needed to make the drive and play Arcadia Bluffs. After watching the forecast anxiously for several days, the morning of we were greeted with partly cloudy skies and no rain until after lunchtime - long after we would be finished our round. While we weren't the first group out we were early enough that pace of play was very good, even despite us only being a twosome.

The first hole has lots of room to swing away and still find the fairway, although by the time you get to your third shot the sod-wall bunkers are looming. One of the first things you notice (at least we did) are the flagsticks - they are only about 5 feet tall. Oh, and the greens are HUGE. and FAST.

View attachment 40059
The fourth hole - straight down towards Lake Michigan. The green is just behind the sod wall bunker on the left. It looks like if you're long you're into the lake, but in fact there are two full holes over the green.

View attachment 40062
The seventh hole - back uphill away from the lake. No doubt that you're playing a links course.

View attachment 40060
An innocent enough looking par 3. I'm glad the pin was at the back, because the false front on this green will reject a ball 40-50 yards.

View attachment 40061
While the front nine is fairly open with everything in front of you, the back nine has a few "target" holes. Case in point the 10th - your aim point from the tee is the barber pole. Straight over the pole puts you in the middle of the fairway that is hidden from the tee.

View attachment 40063
So you've survived 17 holes so far - the 18th awaits! But you can take comfort in the row of Adirondack chairs laid out in a row behind the clubhouse overlooking 75% of the course and of course Lake Michigan. Mother Nature put a damper on us getting to enjoy them, but nonetheless I'm sure they make for a great place to relax and have a drink.
Those photos are sick and you just added that course to my bucket list. So many places I will likely never play, that looks awesome!

Vortex

Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
Pictures of the course

Some pictures from a recent trip to Sand Valley in WI.

Last edited:

zooropa

Reaction score
Handicap
Such a great thread. Arcadia Bluff and Sand Hills look like courses I would love playing.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in