Pictures of the course

gray and kellbo, you are both more than welcome to come on for a visit! we'll treat you to some nice courses, that's for sure.

here's some more pics:

30063_404117863426_537878426_4213757_2594974_n.jpg

30063_404117868426_537878426_4213758_4714461_n.jpg

33996_413749888426_537878426_4448254_2924203_n.jpg

33996_413749893426_537878426_4448255_3391218_n.jpg

30063_404117843426_537878426_4213755_6089392_n.jpg

TC . that course is stunning !!
But I would be like Lee Travinos quote " I'm hitting the woods great , just cant get out of them " ..LOL

TC . that course is stunning !!
But I would be like Lee Travinos quote " I'm hitting the woods great , just cant get out of them " ..LOL

thanks! the good thing about tight courses up here, they aren't super long. that may help keep you in the short stuff.

I forgot to post this one from the other day. This is right in the middle of the 15th fairway and that is not a snake, not a critter, not a gator. Nope, it's a part of a corn stalk. Yep, we have loose corn stalks just blowing around. I'll get a shot of a tumbleweed for One-T next time I'm out, I saw one but didn't snap a pic last time.
IMG_20101106_150353-1.jpg

You would have tumble weeds there...its like you would imagine...emptyness....then....a tumbleweed

That has to be the nicest looking golf view I have ever seen. I wouldn't even care how many shots go into the water.

EDIT: I am referring to homerun79's post of the pictures of his homecourse. I am getting the hang of the new forum.

I went out with some friends today and took some snap shots at one of the local courses:

A fun Par 3 ninth hole:

GlenIvy4_1.jpg

A challanging par 3, always seem to lose a ball on this hole

GlenIvy14_1.jpg

Probably my favorite hole on all the courses I play out here. Elevation is 225 ft up. Highest tee off spot in SoCal. The hole is on the other side of the water between the bunkers.

GlenIvy15_1.jpg

And a couple more random shots of the holes and scenery:

GlenIvy1_1.jpg

GlenIvy9_1.jpg

...Probably my favorite hole on all the courses I play out here. Elevation is 225 ft up. Highest tee off spot in SoCal. The hole is on the other side of the water between the bunkers.

GlenIvy15_1.jpg
Trilogy at Glen Ivy in Corona, right? Only played there a couple times, but I'd never forget that hole....awesome view and quite cool to tee off that high above the fairway.

Very good Snowman!!! yes it is. They recently changed the name but yes that is the course.

Glad you like P4B, anytime you want to come out, I'll tae you there and even nicer courses.

Nice looking course, WR. I'm hoping we take our clubs out there to the Bay Area over Christmas, but I don't think we're staying long enough to play any.

Nice looking course, WR. I'm hoping we take our clubs out there to the Bay Area over Christmas, but I don't think we're staying long enough to play any.

If you can work it out to get here ( or close) I have an extra set of clubs if needed

One of the Bergen County municipal courses, Rockleigh Golf Course in Rockleigh, N.J..

Hole 4:
48e18c9e-dded-83f9.jpg

Hole 15 (dog-leg par 5), from the tee, and the approach.
48e18c9e-de9f-80b7.jpg

48e18c9e-deb4-0221.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Rhino and TC. Those two courses are truely beautiful.

I wish it was still summer so I could post up some pics of my home course in all its beauty. I'm gona try and get out tomorrow so will try and get some pics, but the weather is pretty bleak here atm, below 40 F all the time and we've currently got gusting winds up to 50mph (fun, lol)

I'm jealous of all these beautiful courses! Rhino - We are making a trip out there one day when we visit my son in Vegas! That course is awesome. I'm playing a course tomorrow that I've never played. I'll have to snap some pics if my other camera will work. Ole Gray took our good one with him to Blairsville. Heck, I might even take some pics of the Learning Center where I take lessons today. Love this thread!

I will try my hardest to remember a camera on my next trip out. Great pics!

Played a course called Highland Springs today. It was pretty rotten out. Damp, low 40°'s, and 20mph winds with 30mph gusts. This is the last weekend they are open this year. I play it a couple times a year, but I'm not a huge fan. Played with Erica's dad, who is visiting us this weekend.

From the 10th tee into the wind. Carrying the bunker = 200 yards
DSC00121.jpg

Ted absolutely blasted his drive. Sadly, Wind 1 - Ted 0
DSC00123.jpg

14th hole on my approach shot from about 115 yards.
DSC00124.jpg

15th hole, par 5. This is where our 3rd shots ended up. Into the wind I hit Driver, 4 hybrid, 2 hybid and was still short LOL!
DSC00126.jpg

Awkward finish on 17.
DSC00130.jpg

Good results, though :) Notice the flag. Brrrrrrr. Yes, I missed the putt. Stopped on the lip and broke my heart.
DSC00131.jpg

Thanks for the pics guys! I love seeing the courses everyone plays at, normally my course is a lot better looking so I'll be sure to post up new pictures next summer when it's nice again!

Thanks for the pics guys! I love seeing the courses everyone plays at, normally my course is a lot better looking so I'll be sure to post up new pictures next summer when it's nice again!

Last time I was in your area, I snapped some pics. Here ya go.

Spoiler
fargo.9.jpg

Looks great Atticus, looks like a super nice day out too, that always helps!

Used my cell phone to capture #18 of the course I played today (Houston Lake, Perry, GA). It was such a beautiful day!

houstonlake1.jpg
houstonlake.jpg

Here's a shot of me. Needless to say, I was in short sleeves shortly after this pic was taken. The mornings are a little cold but the afternoons are warming up to the low 70's.
houstonlake111310kelly.jpg

Great pics Kelly, that place looks gorgeous as does the weather! I really like that sweater too!

TC,

Old Union is a beautiful golf course. Is it open in the winter? I'll probably be down in upper east TN this January and I may make a foray into GA to play some golf.

Back