Pictures of the course

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I was thinking this today as I was playing, the leaves are all gone and the course is turning to it's winter browns in some places. What about where you live? What does golf look like there? Post up those pics!

These are at my home course, it's a rather flat links style track. We have a lot of tree lined courses and even a couple of hilly ones but this is mine and I like it.

Walking toward the par 3 11th hole (that's the green and the pond you have go hit over, normally you can't see right through these trees quite so much. I made a par there today.

IMG_20101106_140920.jpg

Here is the right side of the 11th hole, that is a bean field right over that fence.

IMG_20101106_141449.jpg

Here's looking back from the green on the par 5 12th hole after a par.

IMG_20101106_143137.jpg

Walking up the 15th fairway, that bunker is right at 275 off the tee, catches more balls than I'd like to count right now! Not today though, drove it just to the left of it.

IMG_20101106_150402.jpg

And finally here's the par 4 10th hole. It wasn't quite that cold out, not sure why he felt the need to have the hood up. And a MAJOR no no on the outfit, I rode him about it plenty. Not sure if you can see it in the pic but my ball is down by the tree past that Christmas tree. I smoked that one.

IMG_20101106_140309.jpg

man I wish I took some pictures out on the course today! If I can get out tomorrow I will post some. Mine have a lot of yellow/red/orange leaves scattered on it right now. Great Idea for a thread p4b!

Yeah, great idea P4B. I don't have any current pic's, but will try to get some. They just shut down the tee box's on my course, so we have make shift spots (In front of the ladies, lol). Still quite a few leaves on the trees, but the crab grass has all died out and the good fescue is still holding its own.

Yes and there is that lone figure out there, hat or hoodie and all. That is usually me.

The courses in northern New England have obviously lost a good many leaves by now and the courses have all just been aereted. I really cannot believe the shape they are in it is so good. Everything is firming up and by afternoon the greens are hard and dry so the greens are lighting on some of the course I play. It depends on the type of grass for one thing (like that is a revelation.....Jesus jnug sometimes you are just a wealth of information).

Some of the courses do a great job of getting the leaves moved off to where are they mostly not a bother and others do close to nothing. All in all I am really pleased with the conditioins. Now that I have joined the clubs I am going to join for 2011 and can play them the remainder of this 2010 season I have got to get out there and get my swing back in order. I have played so many different courses in the last few weeks that I have never played before or have not played in sixteen years that my game is a bit of a mess. When I have never been on a course of don't remember it I pay too much attention to whether or not I like the course and will make it the place I am going to join and then on another level try to keep from putting myself in really bad places. My swing just goes to hell as you still need to keep pace and not hold people up. You just don't have time for everything.

I am not going to change courses at all for whatever remains of this year and just try to get things back in order.

Great thread P4B!! Can't wait to see more pics of the different courses out there!! I'll post some of my own when I can get out there again.... unfortunately that probably won't be until next spring..... :crying:

This IS a great idea. I am playing tomorrow and I will post a couple pics.

We have predominantly zoysia fairways here in STL. Being a warm season grass, fairways here are now dormant and completely brown. The rough are cool season grasses though(fescue/bluegrass mixes), and it still looks great. Kind of weird.

If I get out on the course today, I'll get some pictures. I know I'm hitting the range, but playing a round is still up in the air.

Here's some photos of Sept. and Oct. golf in Northern Minnesota. We have had a great Fall a long with some great rounds.
007-Copy.jpg

Superior National Golf Club
Quarrygolf005-Copy.jpg

The Quarry
Fallgolf009.jpg

273 yard par 3 tee shot. (From the blues) Yes, I made the putt.
005.jpg

Superior National
ThePines002.jpg

The Pines at Grand View Lodge. Home Course in Nisswa.
009.jpg

My wife getting ready to tee off in front of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee.

Last edited:
Great thread and that is a nice looking course Jimbud. I will post some pics the next time I get up but I can describe it in a few words. Grey sky, wet, no leaves and very very green.

wow i want to play in minnesota! holy christ thats a sharp looking course.

Heading out to play in a few minutes... I'll take the camera and bring back a couple of shots. Good new idea for a thread P4B. :thumb:

Playing later this week so I'll post what Saint Louis looks like.

Great idea for a thread P4B. I too want to go play those Minn courses, they look like alot of fun. I am playing in an outing this Thursday and I will try to snap a few pics, maybe a couple of my favorite golf hole. Tee box is 225 up in the air and you can see for miles on a clear day. :D

Here's some photos of Sept. and Oct. golf in Northern Minnesota. We have had a great Fall a long with some great rounds.
007-Copy.jpg

Superior National Golf Club
Quarrygolf005-Copy.jpg

The Quarry
Fallgolf009.jpg

273 yard par 3 tee shot. (From the blues) Yes, I made the putt.
005.jpg

Superior National
ThePines002.jpg

The Pines at Grand View Lodge. Home Course in Nisswa.
009.jpg

My wife getting ready to tee off in front of the big lake.

Absolutely beautiful.....Not your wife silly, the course.

Beautiful course Jimbud. Looks like a lot of strategy/lay up/not driver off the tee.

We have some nice courses in my area but nothing as stunning as that.
My home courses look a lot like P4Bs. If I make it out sometime this week I'll snap some pictures... but I doubt I will :(

Beautiful course Jimbud. Looks like a lot of strategy/lay up/not driver off the tee.

We have some nice courses in my area but nothing as stunning as that.
My home courses look a lot like P4Bs. If I make it out sometime this week I'll snap some pictures... but I doubt I will :(

Thanks, They aren't all this pretty but this is a hell of a place to live if you like playing golf or fish. The Quarry course is rated in Golf Digests top public courses every year and was built in a reclaimed iron ore mine just south of Minnesota's Boundary Waters Canoe Area. Superior National as you can see from the photos is right on Minnesota's North Shore in Lutsen. I've only played it once and now that I have a idea on how the course is configured I can't wait to get a chance to play it again. The Pines at Grand View is right down the street and is just pure heaven. If you play the Pines and your driver is acting up, leave it at home. :drinks:

I was thinking this today as I was playing, the leaves are all gone and the course is turning to it's winter browns in some places.
Its funny because I played in LA yesterday and the leaves are just now starting to fall.

I was concentrating so much on my (new) iron play that I only remembered to take one picture. Here is the view from the tee box on #3 at the course I play most often.

SDC10643.jpg

It's one of the easiest holes on the course at around 300-325 depending on tee and pin placements. It's a par 4 with unseen bunkers guarding left, front, and right!

Keep the pics coming guys, great stuff! Oh and Jimbud those are gorgeous golf courses! I'm right on the SD and MN border, I'll have to buzz up your way sometime!

Keep the pics coming guys, great stuff! Oh and Jimbud those are gorgeous golf courses! I'm right on the SD and MN border, I'll have to buzz up your way sometime!

You live in a great spot. I love eastern South Dakota

Back