Pimp My Push Cart

oh, I forgot my sand/seed bottle. I have that on for any rounds at my home course.
Such an under-rated accessory. It still boggles my mind that my home course doesn't have any.

Cup holder for my beer. Easily #1. I need the built in one for the water bottle during the Texas summers! The only thing better would be a gyroscopic cup holder or something so my beer would never spill.
Check out "Bar Buoy" at your local marine or 4X4 supply store.

While I do metal working/welding and like the home made holder in this thread, I've ordered a frogger golf attachment to try out.

My seat on my Clicgear is getting a lot use, love that thing.

I made a nifty rangefinder holder for my Zip navigator. It's really handy to have it right at the top of the handle. I made it integral to the accessory bolt system so it attaches as if it was factory. Lined it with mouse pad foam and painted it semi gloss black to match the Zip. It ought to be available from the factory.

k8CBrNa.jpg

eq5zffg.jpg

st8sXKl.jpg

t9sQ4Y8.jpg

ESUXgnP.jpg

3ep3YvN.jpg

CI0RJjm.jpg

t0Y40C1.jpg
That’s awesome work!

Need to find one of these for my push cart

oh, I forgot my sand/seed bottle. I have that on for any rounds at my home course.

Need to find one of these for my push cart

At our course they haven't put sand bottles back on the riding carts, so lots of divots don't get filled. I fill mine before the round and try to make sure it is empty by the time we make the turn so I can fill it up and empty it again before 18. Not getting them all, but getting a few helps.

Need some push cart inspiration!

Well who knows why I do these things except that I miss my shops in the summer and I have fun fabricating inventions...I have dozens. Not sure I'll use this one all the time but on the really hot days I thought it might be nice to have a cooler for cold drinks. I got looking over my Zip and thinking about how I could secure a small soft sided one. It would have to ride in the center and between the wheels for balance, have easy access to its contents and most importantly, it had to quick clamp and quick release for set up. No nuts and bolts or tools required. I didn't take pictures during the fabrication because it was hot in the shop and I was in and out of welding gear and whatnot and I just didn't have the time to take them so these are mostly post production. It's only painted with primer and eventually I'll paint it semi gloss to match the Zip frame.

First step is a simple sheet metal box to hold the cooler. 7" x 11.5" is a fairly standard and common size so when the soft cooler wears out, it'll be easy to replace. The walls would be 4 inches tall.

Dy0ZVz4.jpg

7k2TiSq.jpg

sd6yTco.jpg

VAqBxGQ.jpg

ZyoKfJk.jpg

wavZVYU.jpg

Xj4zXBz.jpg

So yeah, lots of time, lots of experimenting but it really came out nice. It's perhaps even over built a bit but the cooler box rides very solidly and clamps in an instant. Just slide it over the seat bracket extension and clamp it down with the T handle. The one inch banding steel attaches to the clamping tube such that there's no sag in the box. It has an intentional slight lean forward to keep the box clear of the Zip housing so it doesn't rattle and to allow room for the bag to ride over the cooler. I make two inch thick ice blocks in my downstairs freezer from the plastic boxes wifey buys greens in....they're the same dimensions as the cooler floor so the ice lasts for many hours.

It's only in the 70s here today but I'll take it out for 18 and see how it goes.

The main additions I did on my clic gear were some accessory clips and the XL drink holder. Those two? Super useful.

The third piece? The riser kit for bags. It's really just like a 2 inch rise for the bottom of the bag, but it is sure handy.

I made a nifty rangefinder holder for my Zip navigator. It's really handy to have it right at the top of the handle. I made it integral to the accessory bolt system so it attaches as if it was factory. Lined it with mouse pad foam and painted it semi gloss black to match the Zip. It ought to be available from the factory.

k8CBrNa.jpg

eq5zffg.jpg

st8sXKl.jpg

t9sQ4Y8.jpg

ESUXgnP.jpg

3ep3YvN.jpg

CI0RJjm.jpg

t0Y40C1.jpg
Dude! This is incredible! Well done!

Well who knows why I do these things except that I miss my shops in the summer and I have fun fabricating inventions...I have dozens. Not sure I'll use this one all the time but on the really hot days I thought it might be nice to have a cooler for cold drinks. I got looking over my Zip and thinking about how I could secure a small soft sided one. It would have to ride in the center and between the wheels for balance, have easy access to its contents and most importantly, it had to quick clamp and quick release for set up. No nuts and bolts or tools required. I didn't take pictures during the fabrication because it was hot in the shop and I was in and out of welding gear and whatnot and I just didn't have the time to take them so these are mostly post production. It's only painted with primer and eventually I'll paint it semi gloss to match the Zip frame.

First step is a simple sheet metal box to hold the cooler. 7" x 11.5" is a fairly standard and common size so when the soft cooler wears out, it'll be easy to replace. The walls would be 4 inches tall.

Dy0ZVz4.jpg

7k2TiSq.jpg

sd6yTco.jpg

VAqBxGQ.jpg

ZyoKfJk.jpg

wavZVYU.jpg

Xj4zXBz.jpg

So yeah, lots of time, lots of experimenting but it really came out nice. It's perhaps even over built a bit but the cooler box rides very solidly and clamps in an instant. Just slide it over the seat bracket extension and clamp it down with the T handle. The one inch banding steel attaches to the clamping tube such that there's no sag in the box. It has an intentional slight lean forward to keep the box clear of the Zip housing so it doesn't rattle and to allow room for the bag to ride over the cooler. I make two inch thick ice blocks in my downstairs freezer from the plastic boxes wifey buys greens in....they're the same dimensions as the cooler floor so the ice lasts for many hours.

It's only in the 70s here today but I'll take it out for 18 and see how it goes.
Great use of space between the bag and cart!

Dude! This is incredible! Well done!
Great use of space between the bag and cart!

Thanks guys. Took it on its maiden voyage yesterday for 18 holes. It was only mid 70s but I wanted to be sure it rode properly. The only problem I could think of is the T bolt somehow loosening but it stayed solid the entire round.

The cart girl came by and I told the guys I could put her out of business!

Dy0ZVz4.jpg

7k2TiSq.jpg

sd6yTco.jpg

VAqBxGQ.jpg

ZyoKfJk.jpg

wavZVYU.jpg

Xj4zXBz.jpg

That is awesome....THe added weight low on the MGI will reduce tipping too. I found that a cooler bag attached to the upright just above the handle, Where the MGI attaches, increases the back and high weight, increasing tipping

Lost the original cup holder for my push cart but splurged on a new one.. after the last round where My bag ymcouldnt properly hold my metal water bottle and it spilled all over, it was time for a new holder lol

But the wife has already tried to take it to attach to the baby stroller

Lost the original cup holder for my push cart but splurged on a new one.. after the last round where My bag ymcouldnt properly hold my metal water bottle and it spilled all over, it was time for a new holder lol

But the wife has already tried to take it to attach to the baby stroller

I can help her with that! ;)

So my CaddyTek 3-wheel Golf Cart came with a ton of cool options - it came with an umbrella holder, net for rangefinder, closeable compartment for wallet/phone, phone/GPS holder as well as a built-in soft cooler with pocket to store rain gear/other items. Granted I got it from Costco so maybe all those extras were added in?
WO, I've been walking a lot of rounds after work lately and thinking about upgrading my POS bare bones, old push cart, but the clicgear prices scared me away. Thanks for pointing this out as I'm checking it out on the Costco site and it looks pretty solid at a much more reasonable price. How do you like yours and what are the pros and cons.

The main additions I did on my clic gear were some accessory clips and the XL drink holder. Those two? Super useful.

The third piece? The riser kit for bags. It's really just like a 2 inch rise for the bottom of the bag, but it is sure handy.
I need to look at this Riser Kit. I've noticed that my front wheel will sometimes rub on my bag.

WO, I've been walking a lot of rounds after work lately and thinking about upgrading my POS bare bones, old push cart, but the clicgear prices scared me away. Thanks for pointing this out as I'm checking it out on the Costco site and it looks pretty solid at a much more reasonable price. How do you like yours and what are the pros and cons.

ive used t about 40 rounds or so and No issues Come to mind. It’s a really great push cart.

My clickgear has the shoe cleaner attachment, the extended umbrella holder, the cup holder and I’ve also added a cell phone holder (I use Arccos for scoring and distances).

My seat on my Clicgear is getting a lot use, love that thing.
I've thought about one of those but if needed I throw my little "dry" towel on a back wheel and sit there

With as many lasers now having the magnet I am surprised the carts do not have a small metal piece somewhere at the top of the handle to attach them to.

Back