Pimp My Push Cart

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is all about the best accessories and tips or tricks THPers are adding to their push cart or electric caddie.

Cup holder for my beer. Easily #1. I need the built in one for the water bottle during the Texas summers! The only thing better would be a gyroscopic cup holder or something so my beer would never spill.

I made a nifty rangefinder holder for my Zip navigator. It's really handy to have it right at the top of the handle. I made it integral to the accessory bolt system so it attaches as if it was factory. Lined it with mouse pad foam and painted it semi gloss black to match the Zip. It ought to be available from the factory.

k8CBrNa.jpg

eq5zffg.jpg

st8sXKl.jpg

t9sQ4Y8.jpg

ESUXgnP.jpg

3ep3YvN.jpg

CI0RJjm.jpg

t0Y40C1.jpg

I made a nifty rangefinder holder for my Zip navigator. It's really handy to have it right at the top of the handle. I made it integral to the accessory bolt system so it attaches as if it was factory. Lined it with mouse pad foam and painted it semi gloss black to match the Zip. It ought to be available from the factory.

k8CBrNa.jpg

eq5zffg.jpg

st8sXKl.jpg

t9sQ4Y8.jpg

ESUXgnP.jpg

3ep3YvN.jpg

CI0RJjm.jpg

t0Y40C1.jpg
That’s nice work! Well done.

Only accessories on mine are the umbrella holder and drinks holder

Looks good, but what happens when you buy a new rangefinder that doesn't fit?

k8CBrNa.jpg

eq5zffg.jpg

st8sXKl.jpg

t9sQ4Y8.jpg

ESUXgnP.jpg

3ep3YvN.jpg

CI0RJjm.jpg

t0Y40C1.jpg

What a great idea well done!

k8CBrNa.jpg

eq5zffg.jpg

st8sXKl.jpg

t9sQ4Y8.jpg

ESUXgnP.jpg

3ep3YvN.jpg

CI0RJjm.jpg

t0Y40C1.jpg
Very cool those are some skills I just don't have.

Only accessories on mine are the umbrella holder and drinks holder

Looks good, but what happens when you buy a new rangefinder that doesn't fit?

Well, my Nikon's been flawless for the last 5 years but I guess I'd just make another one. I made one for one of my regular buds. He has a bat caddy so it attaches differently but it fits his larger Bushnell. He loves it~

Dang, @NEhomer... Nice work! I just rigged up a metal plate on my Clicgear to magnet my rangefinder to. Yours is some top-level fab work!

I have the small and big cup holder for my clicgear. Also have an umbrella on the way!

I had taped a very large metal washer under the console door on my Clicgear 3.5+ to stick my rangefinder to. I rarely use a rangfinder anymore (pull it maybe 3 or 4 times around) so when the tape finally failed after a couple of years, I didn't bother replacing it. It worked quite well though and was very handy, and a lot cheaper than buying an accessory, for somebody that uses their rangefinder a lot.

I had taped a very large metal washer under the console door on my Clicgear 3.5+ to stick my rangefinder to. I rarely use a rangfinder anymore (pull it maybe 3 or 4 times around) so when the tape finally failed after a couple of years, I didn't bother replacing it. It worked quite well though and was very handy, and a lot cheaper than buying an accessory, for somebody that uses their rangefinder a lot.

I've read this a few times recently and I just don't get it. You have at your fingertips a device to tell you the precise distance to the pin but you'd rather just estimate it.

I don't get that. I shoot all approach shots; it only takes 3 seconds. Esp if you have a holder by your cart handle!

I've read this a few times recently and I just don't get it. You have at your fingertips a device to tell you the precise distance to the pin but you'd rather just estimate it.

I don't get that. I shoot all approach shots; it only takes 3 seconds. Esp if you have a holder by your cart handle!

I find myself putting too much pressure to hit the exact distance when I have it. I tend to swing a little more freely when I just glance at yardage markers or sprinkler heads and go by feel from there. Not a matter of time, just personal preference. Plus I play the same course 5 or so times per week so have a heck of a memory bank built up. Definitely use it significantly more when playing other courses.

They could be on a course they know most of the distances from? If you play the same shots on the same courses a lot you wouldn't need to measure them each time.

Oh I will get this updated w/photos either when I get home or this weekend. My Clicgear 8.0, I have: the seat attachment, the extended umbrella attachment, multiple cup holders (2 standard and 1 jumbo), velcro taped to the base to keep the cozy attachment in place, and them some wheel weights duct taped to the base so I can use my magnetic range finder strap to keep my range finder for easy access.

Not all the time, but I will strap the cooler on when I want to bring a few brews or extra water.

So my CaddyTek 3-wheel Golf Cart came with a ton of cool options - it came with an umbrella holder, net for rangefinder, closeable compartment for wallet/phone, phone/GPS holder as well as a built-in soft cooler with pocket to store rain gear/other items. Granted I got it from Costco so maybe all those extras were added in?

a gyroscopic cup holder or something so my beer would never spill.
You're an engineer. Design and make one and then go nationwide! The massive sales could be your mortgage buster! Or not. :D

Clicgear, I just added the XL cup holder and the umbrella extension.

The XL cub holder is perfect for my 32oz Hydro Flask Tumbler!

Cup holder for my beer. Easily #1. I need the built in one for the water bottle during the Texas summers! The only thing better would be a gyroscopic cup holder or something so my beer would never spill.
I would pay not wife-approved amounts of money for this accessory.

You're an engineer. Design and make one and then go nationwide! The massive sales could be your mortgage buster! Or not. :D
I would pay not wife-approved amounts of money for this accessory.
I mean if you consider all the spilled beer as cost savings the ROI on the accessory would be great at country club beer prices! I could probably convince JB to buy some limited edition THP ones for extra markup sales!

Jut added the above so I can watch youtube tv while on course

Oh I will get this updated w/photos either when I get home or this weekend. My Clicgear 8.0, I have: the seat attachment, the extended umbrella attachment, multiple cup holders (2 standard and 1 jumbo), velcro taped to the base to keep the cozy attachment in place, and them some wheel weights duct taped to the base so I can use my magnetic range finder strap to keep my range finder for easy access.

Not all the time, but I will strap the cooler on when I want to bring a few brews or extra water.

I need to get a jumbo cup holder for my CG. Something that fits my oversize water bottles. Seat is great for slow days. I also got the watch attachment thing so I can strap my GPS watch to the handle if I want. and the cigar holder. Love all the options. I have a small 6-pack cooler that I hang behind the bag when I need it. Nothing fancy there.

Phone goes in the compartment and my rangefinder chills in the basket, but based on the responses here, maybe I need to be more creative about that!

I bought some assorted pieces to try and build a hook or something so I could grab the sand bottles at the course. Need to figure out how to Macgyver that, though doubt it'll look good as the range finder holder from earlier in the thread.

oh, I forgot my sand/seed bottle. I have that on for any rounds at my home course.

Still pushing an old ClicGear It’s gone hundreds of rounds with no issues whatsoever over the last decade (probably more now)

I have a Cigar Minder that clips to the handle. My rangefinder is on a retractable lanyard, the umbrella holder came with it, a cooler with a fastex buckle will carry a few bottles of water.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Back