Pine Dunes Frankston, TX

MarMill

Be Positive!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
Has anyone played Pine Dunes recently and has an update on the course. We are going down for 3 rounds of golf in a ryder cup style format. Thanks in advance!

Played the course just a week ago. While it was a interesting layout, they had just punched the greens a few days prior so they were still pretty sandy. Also I think there may be a maintenance issue. Not quite as pristine as I was expecting after hearing so many good things about it. It could just be the nature of the Bermuda that they use and don’t shave it as close as some courses do. It was definitely made for a person that hits a draw. As an outsider who had never played it, would I drive the 2 hours from Dallas to play it again? Not sure, right now I would say no. Maybe after a few weeks I would change my mind however.

They usually have it in great shape. The few times I've played it they have had it set up pretty fair. You definitely need to keep the ball in front of you as there isn't much room to miss on either side. It should be a fun track for the type of event you guys are playing.

Played the course just a week ago. While it was a interesting layout, they had just punched the greens a few days prior so they were still pretty sandy. Also I think there may be a maintenance issue. Not quite as pristine as I was expecting after hearing so many good things about it. It could just be the nature of the Bermuda that they use and don’t shave it as close as some courses do. It was definitely made for a person that hits a draw. As an outsider who had never played it, would I drive the 2 hours from Dallas to play it again? Not sure, right now I would say no. Maybe after a few weeks I would change my mind however.
Thanks for the response. I hope they are better this weekend~!

Ill write an update after we play.

On that note has anyone played links at lands end? Ill be driving down from Oklahoma and may stop in and play that course on the way down.

Has anyone played Pine Dunes recently and has an update on the course. We are going down for 3 rounds of golf in a ryder cup style format. Thanks in advance!

I played with @time4tim and Pine Dunes was in decent shape. Not terrible but not quite what I was expecting for a top public place. I called about aeration and the greens were sandy so that bothered me a bit. They rolled fine though.

Played Pine Dunes a few years back and it was in good to great condition, for the event you are trying to do its a great venue.

The course at Pine Dunes is nice. Don't expect much from the amenities though. The proshop is small & basic & the carts have seen better days unless they replaced them recently.
Also be prepared to sweat. The pines block a lot of the airflow

Pine Dunes was in really good condition when I played it last week. Luckily the rain from Houston stayed away and we were able to get three rounds in. Greens rolled really well. It's got some risk reward holes on the course. Some holes can play pretty long depending on the wind. All in all it was a good experience. They are building a new lodge right off the range that should make stay and play pretty cool option.

Pine Dunes was in really good condition when I played it last week. Luckily the rain from Houston stayed away and we were able to get three rounds in. Greens rolled really well. It's got some risk reward holes on the course. Some holes can play pretty long depending on the wind. All in all it was a good experience. They are building a new lodge right off the range that should make stay and play pretty cool option.

Good to hear....want to get out there in the next month or so.

Back