Pine Valley anyone?

RayG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I figure the odds of getting on are pretty low... in my case, anyhow. But I hope folks DVR’d or watched Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf last night. Gene Littler and Byron Nelson at Pine Valley. In color!!! With the occasional overhead aerial shots.
I can see where World Woods Pine Barrens got their inspiration...

oh, and modern clubs aren’t ‘jacked’? “Nelson takes a 6 iron from 140 yards...” 😎

Saw it a few months ago. Suck a good watch

I figure the odds of getting on are pretty low... in my case, anyhow. But I hope folks DVR’d or watched Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf last night. Gene Littler and Byron Nelson at Pine Valley. In color!!! With the occasional overhead aerial shots.
I can see where World Woods Pine Barrens got their inspiration...

oh, and modern clubs aren’t ‘jacked’? “Nelson takes a 6 iron from 140 yards...” 😎

Not just the clubs, the balls especially. Jack and Arnie didn't gripe much about the clubs. They complained about the ball being too hot! What Nicklaus did with that piece of crap MacGregor Tourney ball makes his accomplishments even more astounding. There were Tour pros who told him that his clubs were just fine, but the ball was holding him back. But, MacGregor was his sponsor, and he was loyal.

They had a charity event right after 9/11 that sold out in like 10 minutes

All I can say is "WOW!"

What a course...only to dream.

Back