PING and Arccos Offer Free Sensors

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

As part of its ongoing effort to encourage owners of PING clubs to take advantage of the numerous benefits of Arccos Golf technology, PING today announced a program providing a free set of Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors exclusively to golfers who have purchased an eligible PING club or buy one before the end of the year. More than 30 PING clubs (listed below) are eligible in the promotion that runs through December 31, 2019, while supplies last. The promotion also includes a 90-day free trial of the Arccos Caddie app.

ArccosSmartSensorGroup1.jpg

“We want to reward our loyal customers in unique ways,” said John K. Solheim, PING President and a passionate user of Arccos technology. “I’m confident the best way to do that is to provide them meaningful incentives that help them play better and enjoy the game more. By offering them the free Smart Sensors and the free trial, we’re making it easy for PING users to try Arccos and see the amazing improvements in their games.”

“Once golfers experience the technology, they’ll immediately see the value it brings to their game,” Solheim continued. “I personally love analyzing the strokes-gained data Arccos Caddie provides to show me areas for improvement. During the round, I rely completely on the club recommendations and “Plays Like” distances. I’ve seen tremendous improvement in my game and I know all golfers will similarly benefit.”

To participate in the promotion, golfers must own one of the eligible PING clubs (listed below), live in the United States and be 18 years of age or older. To request the 14 free Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors, eligible consumers need to visit ping.com/arccos-sensor-promo and follow a four-step process, which includes downloading the Arccos Caddie app and signing up for the free trial. The process requires the consumer to submit a valid serial number for an eligible PING club. Upon verification, 14 free Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors will ship free directly to the consumer from PING.

Eligible PING clubs for Arccos Free Sensor Promotion
Drivers — G410 Plus, G410 SFT, G410 LST, G400, G400 LST, G400 SFT, G400 Max, G Le2, G Le
Fairway Woods — G410, G410 LST, G410 SFT, G400, G400 SFT, G400 Stretch, G Le2, G Le
Hybrids — G410, G400
Irons– G410, G400, Blueprint, i210, i500, iBlade ,G700, G Le2, G Le,
Crossovers — G410, G400
Wedges– Glide 3.0, Glide 2.0, Glide 2.0 Stealth, Glide Forged

It only took 10 months to get it done, but finally, the PGA Show material comes to fruition.

Glad to see them make good on it. Exciting for Ping fans.

I do want to add something though, in question more than anything.

What I wonder, is how Ping is supporting retail stores with this. I think of my store here locally, and they thrive on building connections with people to create continued purchases. Will Ping send them sensors to give to their customers when they come asking, or are they forced to just tell them to go to the website?

Like I said before, it's nice to see the Ping customer get a bit whole, but does that extend to retailers? What about the sensors for sets already on the shelf or in inventory?

Since I’ve acquired a mostly ping bag in the last couple of months I need to give this a try.

It only took 10 months to get it done, but finally, the PGA Show material comes to fruition.

Glad to see them make good on it. Exciting for Ping fans.
Right? SOOOOOOOOOOO late to the promises and party.

I'm a PING guy, but this is still a big mess on their end. Nice way to try to make amends, but it'll get lost in the shuffle.

Just went through this promo. I used my G400Max. It looks like I am getting the Arccos promotional 14 sensor pack, even though I only had one eligible club. That's cool!

Signing up for Arccos caddie however was a little irritating. To get the 90 day trial I had to pay for a one year subscription. I couldn't do the trial and then pay. I suppose I might have the option to cancel and get reimbursed. But if I do get 14 sensors I will likely just keep the subscription and use them. I have wanted to explore this type of technology for some time now.

edit: And thank you @JB for posting this. I'm not sure this would have hit my attention in other ways.

Last edited:
Just signed up for this using my G400 driver. Had been considering Arccos for a while, this made me take the plunge.

This is pretty cool for Ping users. I don't recall this from the PGA show, so this may already be answered. Does this mean that we will see Ping offering the Arccos grips in the future?

This is pretty cool for Ping users. I don't recall this from the PGA show, so this may already be answered. Does this mean that we will see Ping offering the Arccos grips in the future?

It was supposed to be a thing already, but has not come to fruition yet (sort of).

Thanks for this info. I don’t own any Ping clubs, but I will alert someone friends who do.

I bought a G400 Max last year and just bought some used sensors I've been using. If you already have an Arccos account are you eligible?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I bought a G400 Max last year and just bought some used sensors I've been using. If you already have an Arccos account are you eligible?

I suspect you are fine. You need a serial number from your driver and the email connected to your Arccos account.

Just need your serial number and an Arccos account, did it yesterday, crazy easy.

sweet! Hope by the time I get home to look at my serial numbers the THP hoard has not gobbled them all up!

Too bad I’m in Canada. I would love this.

I just did this, why not. 14 sensors on the way, I have a G400 Max (plus a G410 3 hybrid).

I wasn’t able to sign up. I have arccos now and would have loved to score some new sensor since I’ve had a couple go bad lately. I put in my email address and it told me it wasn’t valid. I guess they want new folks not existing users to get the sensors. It was worthwhile to try.

Saw that, great for Ping users to follow along their stats.

Just signed up for mine, only have a Glide 2.0 wedge in the bag, but that made me eligible.

I've always been curious about Arccos but as my course gets spotty cell service at best I didn't want to plunk down the money for it not to be able to pair with my phone. Now I can try it out.

I wasn’t able to sign up. I have arccos now and would have loved to score some new sensor since I’ve had a couple go bad lately. I put in my email address and it told me it wasn’t valid. I guess they want new folks not existing users to get the sensors. It was worthwhile to try.
I'm in the same boat. Was hoping to have a backup or sell on eBay. You could just use a new email? Also appears that if you bought sensors with Caddie it's best to stick with that as the free ping sensors will be $20/mo after the trial.

I'm in the same boat. Was hoping to have a backup or sell on eBay. You could just use a new email? Also appears that if you bought sensors with Caddie it's best to stick with that as the free ping sensors will be $20/mo after the trial.

Or 100 a year which comes out to a little over 8 a month or am I wrong

I’m going to put in if I can. I love these sensors

Just ordered my sensors with my g410 I bought early this year. Interested to use this leading up to the grandaddy.

Back