Ping Drivers g410 vs g425

Landy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello has anyone compared these two drivers? Is the 425 worth the wait and upgrade?
Please share your feedback thank you

You must be asking someone in a foreign land or had them shipped in because they are not available here... haven't seen anything but pics.

From a Ping Ambassador - well known instructor Andrew Rice.

Looks like better sound, different adjustment, crown re-designed, did some work on the forged face, new Alta shaft. More evolutionary... than revolutionary.

@Landy

Last edited:
All I know is I want a 425 LST, or a LOW lofted Max.

Thank you for the feedback. Was concerned about the sound.

Last edited:
No thanks until the turbulators are gone. Good news is that theyre gone on fw's and hybos for this version

Anyone heard when the U.S. release date is other than early next year?

i just want a 410 to try out...

Been told it's a tiny bit straighter than the 400, maybe a tad farther. I'd wait for 425 although it may be evolutionary, too.

I can’t wait to get a g425 lst and I sure hope they don’t lose the turbulators on the driver. I’ve grown to really like them

I was told 2/4 at retail from my sales rep.

If that's true, then it won't be available when I have a driver fitting. Oh well. 😒

If that's true, then it won't be available when I have a driver fitting. Oh well. 😒
That’s the launch, fitting places may have them a couple of weeks earlier.

I LOVE my G400 Max. Haven’t had any interest in another driver since I got it. The 425 Max does make me raise my eyebrow a bit. I demoed the 410 Driver. Liked the 400 Max much much better. The 425 Max looks interesting. For the record I dig the turbulators. It’s the meanest looking club I own. Flat black and killer style. But ultimately performance is way more important right??

I work at my local golf store here since I‘m retiring next month, don’t think you’ll see the new 425 here until around March of 21 if then, due to COVID it’s hard to get the parts here to be assembled in the US. Most of Ping’s parts are made in Vietnam then shipped to the US. I still love my 400max, so I’m not looking to really change, and I have access to about everything out there.

I have used both the g400 lst and 410 lst so there is literally 0.0 chance the the 425 lst isn’t in my bag by the time the snow melts up here

the 425 can be had, i think from asian markets. but it is SPENDY right now. why not just wait until north american launch???

the 425 can be had, i think from asian markets. but it is SPENDY right now. why not just wait until north american launch???
I agree, some of the prices online are crazy. I will be waiting until they hit the shops in Canada before I get one

Would anyone know when we could expect to see prices of the 410 come down?

Currently go for between £379 and £399 over here but I'd assume the 425 being realised should bring that down. In the market and seriously looking at the 410 but if there's a chance they'll drop £100 soon I don't want to pull the trigger too early.

I can’t wait to get a g425 lst and I sure hope they don’t lose the turbulators on the driver. I’ve grown to really like them
Turbulators are still on the driver. They removed them from the fairways and hybrids though.

Here's the Ping page with pics and specs.
https://pingg425.com/

Turbulators are still on the driver. They removed them from the fairways and hybrids though.

Here's the Ping page with pics and specs.
https://pingg425.com/
Thanks, I know they are still on the driver for the 425's, my comment was a more general hoping they dont remove them on future releases beyond the 425 line

Thanks, I know they are still on the driver for the 425's, my comment was a more general hoping they dont remove them on future releases beyond the 425 line

Is that website legit?

I used to use Ping drivers exclusively, but haven't even hit one past the G30. I've always loved the looks and the feel of them, and especially the sound for some reason. I'm intrigued by the 425, interested to hear the full story on it.

Back