PING G30 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids & Irons

I'm interested to see the G30 and G25 irons side-by-side in the store. To me, there doesn't seem to be a ton of difference there - they did highlight the sole grind a bit, but otherwise this looks like a change that's more G15-G20 than G20-G25.

On second look, it looks like they're using the CFS distance shaft that's in the Karsten as well. So I'm guessing the head weights are a bit higher, since the CFS distance is a higher balance point shaft?

I thought the same thing when I first saw the pictures of the irons. If you look at the specs, the lofts and lengths are a lot different than the G25's though.

I don't believe I have ever considered a design aspect of a Driver, FW, or Hybrid based on what would happen if you got under the ball and hit it off the crown :act-up:

All I'm saying is that once putting nubs on the top, I guess you have to think of the likelihood of that happening at least a little bit more... But on the hybrids in general, I'm really interested in trying this one. I've loved the G25 when I've tried it, just so easy to launch.

All I'm saying is that once putting nubs on the top, I guess you have to think of the likelihood of that happening at least a little bit more... But on the hybrids in general, I'm really interested in trying this one. I've loved the G25 when I've tried it, just so easy to launch.

I don't disagree with you, just wasn't something I had thought about.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the pictures of the irons. If you look at the specs, the lofts and lengths are a lot different than the G25's though.

Interesting - I hadn't noticed that, they basically made 4-9 cover the same distances as 3-9 in the G25s. Pretty much in line with the rest of the GI iron sets out there now.

Interesting - I hadn't noticed that, they basically made 4-9 cover the same distances as 3-9 in the G25s. Pretty much in line with the rest of the GI iron sets out there now.
Yep, it looks like Ping has fully embraced the distance iron.

I noticed that myself. It looks as if they are following the loft of the Karsten lineup. I could probably use the distance.

I find it interesting that they only offer the driver in 9° and 10.5°.

I also like that they kept the matching LW in the irons, I have always been a set matching wedge guy.

Yep, it looks like Ping has fully embraced the distance iron.

I noticed that myself. It looks as if they are following the loft of the Karsten lineup. I could probably use the distance.

That's the thing I don't understand now - there's not a huge amount of difference between the G series and Karsten now. A bit bigger head in the Karsten for sure, but at least before there was that difference, as well as stronger lengths/lofts.

Very nice looking. I know someone that could benefit from the straight flight technology...
THIS GUY!

Excited for these after just "finding" Ping for equipment. The tech looks interesting.

Love how ping worded that statement. Very smart when talking about ball speed and distance increases.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anyone know the release date?

Love how ping worded that statement. Very smart when talking about ball speed and distance increases.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
My favorite sentence in the entire press release... "SF Tec heads promote a right-to-left ball flight for players whose shots typically end up right of the target."
Are they referring to those of us that slice? :laughing:

My favorite sentence in the entire press release... "SF Tec heads promote a right-to-left ball flight for players whose shots typically end up right of the target."
Are they referring to those of us that slice? :laughing:

That's what scares me, I already draw the ball hope I can adjust it accordingly.

That's what scares me, I already draw the ball hope I can adjust it accordingly.

The SF is a separate head, I think, so you would go for the standard. Basically a replacement for the old "Draw" heads, it seems. I, on the other hand, welcome the right-left bias with open arms.

Then you could just get the standard head. Without the weight bias.

That woks for me. I love my PING driver now, as of now my favorite driver of all times. I've tested so many in the last year and nothing I've tried compares to it. Maybe the G30 will bring some magic.

True, but gaining 2 mph at 125 mph is only a 1.6% gain. Assuming that the gains are linear, that's only a 1.5 mph gain for someone with 95 mph swing speed. However, most aerodynamic properties have larger effects at higher speeds than they do at lower speeds, meaning it's likely that those with under 100mph swing speeds will see less than 1.6% gains in swing speed

I agree completely with this statement. Ping's confession that Bubba got 2 mph at 125 means that we'll see next to nothing at 105.

Greater MOI than G25 AND a couple mph more in head speed?! Yes, please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clubs look very nice i will have to give them a try

10.5* in my cart with the Tour 65 shaft. Debating to hit order or wait to actually hit it...

PING G30 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids & Irons

10.5* in my cart with the Tour 65 shaft. Debating to hit order or wait to actually hit it...

Wow, you're a madman and I like it.

I'm sure THP will be spending some time with this line.

Last edited:
Back