PING G30 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids & Irons

Pretty nice welcome to the tour for the G30. Jman said it a few posts back but I'll say it again. Cabrera was absolutely killing this driver

Pretty nice welcome to the tour for the G30. Jman said it a few posts back but I'll say it again. Cabrera was absolutely killing this driver

Just RIPPING at it, it was fun to watch.

Just RIPPING at it, it was fun to watch.

With his distance and his shot making ability, I'm really shocked that he hasn't won more than he has. But who knows what's ahead. The G30 was good to him this weekend

With his distance and his shot making ability, I'm really shocked that he hasn't won more than he has. But who knows what's ahead. The G30 was good to him this weekend
Doesn't he have 50+ wins worldwide?

Yes but this is only his third PGA tour win and first non major win
I got ya, I have always liked him. He comes play for the big tournaments.

Yes but this is only his third PGA tour win and first non major win

He has a little John Daly in him like that. On the course only I mean.

The G30 series has definitely been on my mind this weekend. I enjoyed the G25 irons and hybrids. Guessing I will own the irons sometime in the next couple of seasons.

Color me intrigued. I haven't had a Ping driver since the Eye2. I hit a lot of them that I really liked, but never bought one for some reason. Maybe it's because they never seem to get marked down.

I can definitely see the G30, 915, and whatever bomber Callaway or Cobra drops on us having a shootout for the driver spot next year.

The irons look good as ever, I like the blue/black scheme. The turbulators look like they're in a good spot to help frame the ball at address. I'd love to give these a try.

Eww. I don't know. For me a club has to look good too. Those turbulators are fugly IMO :)

He's been KILLING the driver.

His performance with it this weekend single handly has me pondering this driver. And that never happens for me..

His performance with it this weekend single handly has me pondering this driver. And that never happens for me..

Yeah, his performance has me second guessing my recent i25 Driver order. I've never loved the shape of the G Series Drivers though...Time will tell...The "Turbulators" are growing on me.

is it me or does the smoke test seem one sided? the one with out the turbulators the smoke was put lower on the face and the one with turbulators the smoke was higher on the face? so that would make a difference? can any explain that? the deal with bubba video wow that is awesome makes me want one and in pink lol...

Last edited:
I placed an order for a G30 sft tec model. Ordered it digitally lofted at 9.5 * and 1/2 inch short at 45.25 stock stiff 419 d shaft. Now waiting for end of the month to put it
into play will be the hard part.
gb

I would love to demo one, not too sure I would purchase another driver this year though. Only had my BB for about 5 weeks.

Skim alert. I have never thought gimmick with Ping, but the video doesn't counter that for me. I'd love to see it tested on a LM with a few people, then sand down the Turbulators, paint, and retest.

My golf pro buddy and I were discussing that this morning. Wins at Augusta and Oakmont and a tie for first at Augusta as well.

Wondered how he has not won a regular tour event. The obvious answer is it's very hard to win out there.

But the way he killed that driver on Sunday, I'm sure he sold a few.

Hit this at PGA Superstore today with the stock counter balanced shaft. Spin was high as expected, so I will wait to hit the Tour shaft. However the thing is a cannon and sounds like one. If you hated the sound on the G25 this aint your cup of tee. But its deep and straight.

Hit this at PGA Superstore today with the stock counter balanced shaft. Spin was high as expected, so I will wait to hit the Tour shaft. However the thing is a cannon and sounds like one. If you hated the sound on the G25 this aint your cup of tee. But its deep and straight.

By chance do you know if Ping Tempe is doing G30 fittings now? If PGA Superstore has them for demo, I am guessing yes. Might make a drive up the freeway.

By chance do you know if Ping Tempe is doing G30 fittings now? If PGA Superstore has them for demo, I am guessing yes. Might make a drive up the freeway.

You mean in Phoenix at the factory?

I could check this week. Probably Tuesday.

I looked but have not found the answer to this. When you adjust the loft of a fairway wood, what happens to the lie of the club if anything?

Ping G30 or Ping Karstens

Ping G30 or Ping Karstens

Is there much difference in the Ping G30 irons and the Ping Karstens. They have the same lofts and lengths and both have thin faces. Is the sole of the Karsten much wider. It would be interesting if somebody could compare the two. Thanks

Is there much difference in the Ping G30 irons and the Ping Karstens. They have the same lofts and lengths and both have thin faces. Is the sole of the Karsten much wider. It would be interesting if somebody could compare the two. Thanks
I have not seen the G30s in person, but the Karstens are substantially larger than the G25s. I would assume the 30s and 25 have similar width soles.

Back