PING G400 Max Driver - THP Review Thread

6/7 fairways tonight at league, ya its staying in the bag.

My success was at 44.75”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's where I'm at. I also changed out the stock Alta shaft and put in the 13 g weight in place of the 7g. I don't know the swing weight but it's magical for me. So confident in driver and it's only the first week of the season.

A bit cold and misty out today so I went to the range. First time hitting mine outside with the Tour Ad iz shaft. I had it lengthened back to 45.25" and it felt much better. I hit it inside last night alongside my M2 / HZRDUS yellow. Similar numbers but better dispersion with the Max. A little more ball speed with the Max due to the confidence level knowing I could rip it and keep it in play

Outside it was funny, M2 had the rights, Max had the lefts. Shaft issue for sure. Ad iz is so smooth in comparison.

A bit cold and misty out today so I went to the range. First time hitting mine outside with the Tour Ad iz shaft. I had it lengthened back to 45.25" and it felt much better. I hit it inside last night alongside my M2 / HZRDUS yellow. Similar numbers but better dispersion with the Max. A little more ball speed with the Max due to the confidence level knowing I could rip it and keep it in play

Outside it was funny, M2 had the rights, Max had the lefts. Shaft issue for sure. Ad iz is so smooth in comparison.

I have been playing a 2017 M2 last 1 1/2 years. Three shafts including a Fuji Pro 53 and 66 both regular flex. Seems I am always playing thru old injuries but that’s life so inconsistency is usual concern and seems the spiel on the 400 Max could help out.
My SS down to 90 with quick transition so shafts are always a project in progress regardless of head. Do you se the G400 Max a noticeable upgrade in dispersion and consistency ? Thanks

I have been playing a 2017 M2 last 1 1/2 years. Three shafts including a Fuji Pro 53 and 66 both regular flex. Seems I am always playing thru old injuries but that’s life so inconsistency is usual concern and seems the spiel on the 400 Max could help out.
My SS down to 90 with quick transition so shafts are always a project in progress regardless of head. Do you se the G400 Max a noticeable upgrade in dispersion and consistency ? Thanks

I also have a quick transition and the gmax head gets the ball in the air well. Even off the bottom of the face. Therefore it pairs well with stout shaft for me.

Just popping in to say, this is still one hell of a driver! I think I could get a touch more distance out of the Epic Flash, but this driver outperformed the 410 Plus and the M6 for me at my fitting.

Still gaming this. Going to stick with it for another season!

Just popping in to say, this is still one hell of a driver! I think I could get a touch more distance out of the Epic Flash, but this driver outperformed the 410 Plus and the M6 for me at my fitting.

Distance isn't everything if running thru fairways or OB. This is a great driver and consistent!!!!! Mine is still in the bag and will stay that way, and I have swung several drivers this year already.

Love this driver. Switched from an Epic Sub Zero. Very forgiving. Went with the Ping Tour stiff shaft. Has almost eliminated by tendency to snap hook. Now my miss is a push fade, which is usually much more playable. Long and forgiving. What’s not to like?

Had a chance to hit this last week. I am playing a Ping 16* driver right now as I need a ton of loft but tried the 10.5 anyway. On a couple shots when I didn’t slam the face shut it was carrying probably 200-205 and running out to 240-250. But I simply needed more loft that helps me with my low lefts. Darn it Ping, couldn’t you have made a 12 or 13* in this head. Grrr.

Had a chance to hit this last week. I am playing a Ping 16* driver right now as I need a ton of loft but tried the 10.5 anyway. On a couple shots when I didn’t slam the face shut it was carrying probably 200-205 and running out to 240-250. But I simply needed more loft that helps me with my low lefts. Darn it Ping, couldn’t you have made a 12 or 13* in this head. Grrr.

Sounds like we are currently suffering from the same affliction! I messed around with a 12* G410 lofted up to 13.5*. I got great carry but zero roll out.

Sounds like we are currently suffering from the same affliction! I messed around with a 12* G410 lofted up to 13.5*. I got great carry but zero roll out.

I’ve spent some on course time with the G410 12*. If I loft up it hooks on me (I prefer a very neutral to open face). If I lofted it down the flight was too low. I think with more time and different shafts I could force myself into the 410 12*.
I gave a fitting tomorrow with PXG and can’t wait to try their 12* and 14* heads.

I’ve spent some on course time with the G410 12*. If I loft up it hooks on me (I prefer a very neutral to open face). If I lofted it down the flight was too low. I think with more time and different shafts I could force myself into the 410 12*.
I gave a fitting tomorrow with PXG and can’t wait to try their 12* and 14* heads.

Yeah, I need a more open face right now too.

I just got mine in the bag, and love it. It is a little loud at the range, but I don't mind it when its going out in the middle of where I want it to go! This driver outperformed the 410 Plus for me as well.

back in the bag for two rounds and this driver is just so good. handcrafted shaft is in and bombing, just won’t turn over for me. not a big problem, just need to play for it. solid distance even after a rainstorm that softened the course.

i put this and the j815 in my hall of fame of drivers, but this is much more neutral whereas the j815 was a little draw biased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LOVE this driver. Hit 71% of fairways 10/14 fairways today with a couple of nice long rips. A couple stayed in the fairway due to the incredible forgiveness of the club. Very happy!!

Switched from the Alta 55 X to a Tour 65 X and man this driver came to life for me. Dispersion tightened up a good bit but mostly for me a good bit lower more penetrating ball flight. Loving this new driver

Switched from the Alta 55 X to a Tour 65 X and man this driver came to life for me. Dispersion tightened up a good bit but mostly for me a good bit lower more penetrating ball flight. Loving this new driver

I struggled with the driver with the Alta shaft. I was hooking it frequently. Switched to the Tour 65 and bingo!

What kind of spin numbers are you guys getting with your drivers?

my last trackman session has average 2,700 but best swings 2,200–2,400. shaft was accra fx 6m4. i have a different shaft in there now, that i suspect spins a touch less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was in the 2500-2700 range last time I was on a monitor. Haven't had any issues on the course with excessive spin with the eye test.

I was in the 2500-2700 range last time I was on a monitor. Haven't had any issues on the course with excessive spin with the eye test.
That was my exact range last year too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm around 2700 on good swings which is fine. It's over 3000 when my swing is out of whack.

I'm around 2700 on good swings which is fine. It's over 3000 when my swing is out of whack.

What is happening to it? Ballooning? Falling out of sky? How much distance are you losing?

Back