PING G400 Max Driver - THP Review Thread

What is happening to it? Ballooning? Falling out of sky? How much distance are you losing?

I just loose distance, ball flight is still pretty straight.

I seemed to correct my spin issue with strike. Hitting more high on the face instead of low and have gained good yardage. Re-grip to a mid-size Dri-Tac really seemed to help as well. Maybe when the G420 comes out......

I love it so much with the Tour 65 shaft that I just ordered matching 3 wood. Ping is killing it in hybrids, fairways, and drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2700 rpm avg and 12.4-12.7 launch angle

Had my first round with the G400 Max switching from a Ping G driver and this driver is instantly longer by about twenty yards. The ball flight is just more penetrating for me, and with the lower launch and less spin, I get a good amount of roll too.

Since putting the G400 Max in my bag this spring, I have played 3 courses I have played fairly frequently in the past. On each course, my drives on several holes this year are longer than any I have hit in the past. This club is the real deal.

I've gone from the Ping Tour 65 R, to the UST V2 HL, and now the Ping Tour 65 S and all set now.

Such a great driver for me, long and straight.

Brought my G400Max with me to Myrtle beach and my goodness it feels like home to hit this driver. Just silly good all around. I also tried the Snell ball today for my first time and my God it sounds incredible with my Gmax. Fun day on the course today.

Good day with the driver once I got my fade/slice issue fixed. (Ball position WRONG) Anyway, once that was taken care of , I hit the next ten fairways.
Funny how something as simple as ball position can cause such bad issues.

Has anyone compared the 9* to the 10.5* head in regards to spin?

If the M5 doesn’t win me over, I’m going back to this by the end of the summer.

Just not finding the magic with the Flash SZ or F9.

I love this driver SO much! Don’t know how to make it better!

I love this driver SO much! Don’t know how to make it better!

pretty much where i am too. it’s just so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have to say after seeing this thread come up a couple of times this week, I went up to Edwin Watts and put a couple of swings on a G400 Max and a Callaway Epic Flash and hit the G400 Max longer and straighter...I think I may keep an eye out for one in the right specs.

I have to say after seeing this thread come up a couple of times this week, I went up to Edwin Watts and put a couple of swings on a G400 Max and a Callaway Epic Flash and hit the G400 Max longer and straighter...I think I may keep an eye out for one in the right specs.

That didn’t take long...just found a like new used one from 3Balls that has now been ordered...probably my first non-Callaway club purchase in five years, but definitely a slot I need to find something that just works for me.

That didn’t take long...just found a like new used one from 3Balls that has now been ordered...probably my first non-Callaway club purchase in five years, but definitely a slot I need to find something that just works for me.

you will not regret your decision. the G400 Max is hands down the best driver I have ever had. it's going to save me money in the long run too as I have no desire to try anything else.

Having a very hard time not just grabbing another head.

Ugh.

Should’ve never ever ever effed with the Max and TPT setup.

Having a very hard time not just grabbing another head.

Ugh.

Should’ve never ever ever effed with the Max and TPT setup.

Lol, this is the best driver I’ve had for a long time. I had so much success with it last season that it deserves another chance over the new stuff out there.

I’m trying to see if I can get the new Hzrdus hulk into this one but I’m scared to mess with a successful set up.

this driver with thce16 shaft is so freaking boss. multiple drives over 280. i need to figure out how to hit a draw when needed, but i do love the stock fade shape i can get. i’m ready to crown it as my favorite driver of all time. but that seat is in danger, particularly later this year.

I agree. Love the Max. Best driver I’ve ever played so far. Just wants to go straight.

this driver with thce16 shaft is so freaking boss. multiple drives over 280. i need to figure out how to hit a draw when needed, but i do love the stock fade shape i can get. i’m ready to crown it as my favorite driver of all time. but that seat is in danger, particularly later this year.

I am finding that fade tendency as well, although the other night I was drawing the ball nicely.

I had some good drives yesterday, just nice long straight drives. Easier to hit a fade with this then a draw but can be done.

The Max is simply the best. No desire or temptation to experiment with any of the latest versions of the best driver. Avoid the quest, 100 per cent on the Max.

If the M5 doesn’t win me over, I’m going back to this by the end of the summer.

Just not finding the magic with the Flash SZ or F9.

Hopefully your Max set up is resting in place and you did not get rid of that special driver.

Hopefully your Max set up is resting in place and you did not get rid of that special driver.

Mike Dean has it now and I think it’s been mortally wounded.

Back