PING G400 Max Driver - THP Review Thread

Mike Dean has it now and I think it’s been mortally wounded.

Oh no. Sounds like he may have sky marked the sweet spot. LOL

Guys going back to the Max...says a lot about a great head...especially after the rave reviews we saw about the drivers that displaced the G400 MAX in their bags.

"Latest and greatest" ain't always all that.

Guys going back to the Max...says a lot about a great head...especially after the rave reviews we saw about the drivers that displaced the G400 MAX in their bags.

"Latest and greatest" ain't always all that.

Wouldn’t go that far.

It’s a good driver.

Doesn’t mean those others are worse, or better.

So I did a thiiing

Guess we'll see how it compares from launch monitor at fitting to the course pretty soon!

Good I hope they don't drop the price next week lol
884721189455aaec3af9e4e65ce55072.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If the M5 doesn’t win me over, I’m going back to this by the end of the summer.

Just not finding the magic with the Flash SZ or F9.

The standard EF has definite potential but my G400 Max is biding it's time in the basement just case...

So I did a thiiing

Guess we'll see how it compares from launch monitor at fitting to the course pretty soon!

Good I hope they don't drop the price next week lol
884721189455aaec3af9e4e65ce55072.jpg

That's a nice combo right there. I was hitting it at demo day.

Wish the weather here in Mass. Would get better. Took my Max out at the range and all I can do is smile watching it go. Is it farther than my M2?? Who knows, it goes over the trees the M2 hits but until it dries out on the course I have no idea.

The confidence thing with the Max is just so high, it feels great to swing hard and not worry about it.

That's a nice combo right there. I was hitting it at demo day.

Wish the weather here in Mass. Would get better. Took my Max out at the range and all I can do is smile watching it go. Is it farther than my M2?? Who knows, it goes over the trees the M2 hits but until it dries out on the course I have no idea.

The confidence thing with the Max is just so high, it feels great to swing hard and not worry about it.
It's exactly what I was fit into a couple months ago (aside from it should be .5" short), will have a 3 way battle of 2016 m2 vs 2017 m2 vs max

Looking forward to getting it

Let me know how it goes vs. the 2016 M2...that's what I have. I'll keep you posted on how my battle comes out as well. Just need the weather to turn good.

I find with the Max, the harder I swing, the straighter it wants to go. Crazy.

I find with the Max, the harder I swing, the straighter it wants to go. Crazy.

I saw much the same. When aggressive, it got better.

The MAX is nothing more than a fairway magnet. For a guy who plays on the right side of the course, being in the middle was a challenge. This is the kind of challenge I can get used to!

It's in the bag for the season.

First few holes with the G400 Max today...and my swing was absolute garbage...with the exception of the last one that was the longest drive I have ever hit on that hole in the 12 years I’ve been intermittently playing that course. I can tell that the loft and spin are much better for me than with the Rogue I had been playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crazy high draws for me last week.. blocked a couple right immediately off the tee they never had a chance to come back, but majority we're just clutch.

Just wish my game golf didn't start acting weird halfway through

Anyone playing the max with an atmos blue in it I am thinking of upgrading to the max playing the g400 now and love my shaft can’t I expect the same love in the max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this driver is really showing out for me paired with my thce16 shaft. hit 9/14 fairways, 6 of which were over 270 (huge for me) in challenging conditions. decent swing, and this thing flat out performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been hitting my M2 so good I still haven't taken the max anywhere but the range....where I laugh my ass off at how good it goes too.

8 of 14 fairways Saturday with my C-game swing. This thing just works for me.

I got fit for a TS2 last week (haven't bought it yet) and have played 3 rounds since then. I've only hit 10 of 27 fairways using my G400 max since then. I'm usually around 50-55%. I'm going out again Wednesday morning so I'll see if things improve.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My Max is misbehaving, awful for the past few weeks. Bringing out my XR16 for tomorrow nights league.:arrogant:

Just bought a g400 max after demoing it for a round on the course and a lot on the range I hope the love continues when it arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Max is misbehaving, awful for the past few weeks. Bringing out my XR16 for tomorrow nights league.:arrogant:

A solid option for sure.

So I’ve pondered this one for a while and I have an opportunity to pick up a used LH for around 200.

I’ve been happy with my Rogue but if this is a fairway finder I’m interested. I’m getting good contact with the Rogue but generally hit in the left or right rough and just missing the fairway.

What is the experience with those who made a similar transition? I’m not a big hitter so I don’t want to give up distance but I don’t hit dead center often enough. Is the Max a big step up on off center hits?

gmiller598;n8906446 said:
So I’ve pondered this one for a while and I have an opportunity to pick up a used LH for around 200.

I’ve been happy with my Rogue but if this is a fairway finder I’m interested. I’m getting good contact with the Rogue but generally hit in the left or right rough and just missing the fairway.

What is the experience with those who made a similar transition? I’m not a big hitter so I don’t want to give up distance but I don’t hit dead center often enough. Is the Max a big step up on off center hits?

For me, the Max was the vastly superior driver to the Rogue. Way more consistent, lower spinning, and forgiving as the day is long.

Back