Ping G400 Max with Tour 65 shaft: std length?

weeicemon

Reaction score
Handicap
I just picked up a used G400 Max and assumed by the ad that the driver was standard at 45 3/4. The tag on the shaft says it is 45 1/4. Is that short for this shaft, or standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a used G400 Max and assumed by the ad that the driver was standard at 45 3/4. The tag on the shaft says it is 45 1/4. Is that short for this shaft, or standard?

The Alta shafts are counterbalanced, the Tour ones are not. So the maintain swingweight, Ping's standard build with the Tour shafts is 1/2 inch shorter.

Nice pickup

The Alta shafts are counterbalanced, the Tour ones are not. So the maintain swingweight, Ping's standard build with the Tour shafts is 1/2 inch shorter.

Maybe my control will improve. . I was hooking the Alta shaft like crazy. The Tour 65 was much straighter for me.

Maybe, but the Aldila Xtorsion Copper is also counterbalanced but comes in 45 1/4 rather than 45 3/4 on the G400.

Maybe, but the Aldila Xtorsion Copper is also counterbalanced but comes in 45 1/4 rather than 45 3/4 on the G400.

All of the no charge upgrade shafts come in at 45.25”. Only the Altas play at 45.75”

I have both shafts, but I can control the Alta better however I got better distance out of the Tour 65.

Back