PING G410 Crossover Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I play the G30 Crossover now which shares some of the same issues as he found with the 410 but I feel the misses are better than with the 3 hybrid it replaced.

Pure shots are amazing when they happen and it gets out of the rough with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the honest review Molten.

The prior version is my crutch. I'm actually a little disappointed Ping tried to sexy it up. The g400 crossover is unapologetically big, bad sounding, and extremely easy to hit. Granted I have the 4 iron, but launches so much better than most similar lofted irons. I would consider the 410 if it came in a 5 iron loft, but not looking to downgrade the 4i to the new version.

Thanks for the honest review Molten.

The prior version is my crutch. I'm actually a little disappointed Ping tried to sexy it up. The g400 crossover is unapologetically big, bad sounding, and extremely easy to hit. Granted I have the 4 iron, but launches so much better than most similar lofted irons. I would consider the 410 if it came in a 5 iron loft, but not looking to downgrade the 4i to the new version.

Couldn't agree more, I game a couple of the G400 and they scream hit me. I don't have to think much just straight, high shots that land softly. Why Ping has to make them look like everyone else's DI is beyond me.

Great review Gary. Sounds like a serious weapons in the right hands. The honesty in the review was very refreshing.

Great review molten. The crossover this generation definitely has caught my eye and love the fact that it comes in all the different lie angles.

One thing to note, the tensei pro blue 80 is a no upcharge for the g410 hybrid and crossover this year.

Very well written, thoughtful review, Gary. I have not picked up this club and am pretty well set with the F9 4 iron in this slot, but I love the looks of it for the profile it is.

Love this club! the past year I've had the 790 udi, gapr lo, Srixon u85....now the 410 crossover. Easily my favorite of the 4. Love the smaller look vs last years at address, yet still forgiving as a 2 iron. A little bit loss of distance on low strikes which is expected, but when centered this goes forever!!!

Its very very very rare I ever use and or need this from the fairway, but id agree this performs much better as a driving iron. Not a complaint tho b/c my purpose on buying this was as an extra tee option

I only hit the 400 in simulators but I hated how chunky and offset it was. The 410 imo is a huge improvement

Last edited:
Thinking of swapping out my Mizuno Mp18 FliHi 2 iron for a 3 wood 3 iron combo.
Anyone got experience of FliHi and 410 Crossover?

Back