PING G410 Hybrid Review

They kind of do, its the same as the regular loft settings. -1

Flat setting is going to impart a more fadey flight for some, which is exactly what it’s designed to do.

Thanks! So, the lie went from 58*, to 57*? Am I understanding this correctly? The way PING describe it is pretty dismal. I ascribe to ELI5. Explain like I'm 5. ;)

I can play a fade, I just need to know that it's going to do this every time. Somehow I overrode it's fade, twice ...and it went dead straight. No draws or hooks though. I'll tinker with it some more. I'm playing on Monday, so I'll see how it goes on the course.

Finally broke down and went to my local store and put these to the test against everything they had available including my G400 H. The Flash gave me a little more distance but lower flight and less spin. By far the G410 3 and 4H will be in the bag before next season. The G410 4H was longer than the Titleist TS2 3H by a yard. Fits and fills my gaps well and I can't see me not ordering a 2H while I am at it just to round out the set. Only question left to be asked is if I want to spend a little extra for the Recoil shafts or just play the Alta that felt nice?

Finally broke down and went to my local store and put these to the test against everything they had available including my G400 H. The Flash gave me a little more distance but lower flight and less spin. By far the G410 3 and 4H will be in the bag before next season. The G410 4H was longer than the Titleist TS2 3H by a yard. Fits and fills my gaps well and I can't see me not ordering a 2H while I am at it just to round out the set. Only question left to be asked is if I want to spend a little extra for the Recoil shafts or just play the Alta that felt nice?

I was going to splurge on a shaft upgrade but found the stock Alta to be perfect.

I was going to splurge on a shaft upgrade but found the stock Alta to be perfect.
It’s hard to accept that it’s a pretty damn good shaft...hahah

I really think the Alta shaft will suffice. As well as I hit them yesterday I can't see a reason to go away from it. 22H carry to 215 with 4k spin, 35 yards peak height... I'm sold as much as I've tried to ignore JB and this post overall ;)

I really think the Alta shaft will suffice. As well as I hit them yesterday I can't see a reason to go away from it. 22H carry to 215 with 4k spin, 35 yards peak height... I'm sold as much as I've tried to ignore JB and this post overall ;)
JB, or do you mean me?

Also, those who’re fans of this one, keep an eye on the Nippon GOST hybrid shaft review thread as I’ll be reviewing one of those in the 4H.

JB, or do you mean me?
sorry about that... i meant you... and though i've stayed out of here trying to ignore you, here we are... you win.

sorry about that... i meant you... and though i've stayed out of here trying to ignore you, here we are... you win.
Not a win thing brosephus. My job is to tell about what the club is or isn’t, if it fits your game (or mine for that matter) then awesome, if it doesn’t, then that’s awesome too!

That said, of all I have reviewed this year, the 410 stands above the rest for the all around performance. Not the longest, but not the shortest. Consistent. Accurate. Fun!

Glad you enjoyed the homepage article!:)

Was with my swing coach yesterday and pulled the G410 4H (Alta stiff) out and started hitting shots with it off the mat. Mostly nutted them. Boy! this thing gets the ball up in the air and flies really nice. Interestingly, with his tweak to my swing plane and takeaway yesterday, they were flying straight, the fade is gone, even though I have it set flat. Caught one toward the toe but it was still a very serviceable result. It was 49*F out and raining (we were in the 3 sided shelter on mats) but he said I was getting it to 200 with Callaway range balls, we both thought this was really good for me. I'm quite impressed with this hybrid.

Also, those who’re fans of this one, keep an eye on the Nippon GOST hybrid shaft review thread as I’ll be reviewing one of those in the 4H.
The tech of this one sounds interesting.

Just bought a 410 crossover 3 (20) with ping tour shaft stiff to try out against the 410 hybo. Great price, so I couldnt resist. Irons seem to setup nicer for my eye, so I’m very curious about the comparison. Quick range sesh says that while the hybo is perhaps 10 yards longer, the crossover maaaay be more consistent. Playing tomorrow, so will see how she goes.

Sooooo yeah.....hybo is king.
Crossover...not so much. Crossover going bu bye. I tried, ha!

Based on all the positive feedback here, I grabbed a used G410 4h 22*. Hopefully it will stay warm enough for me to play around with it a bit before winter sets in.

Only hit my Hybrids twice on my nine today . 4 hybrid was gir on a 204 yd par 3 and I smashed a 3 hybrid on a par 5 second shot. I have noticed that the ball isn’t traveling as far because of the 25 degree change for the worse. Still long and straight though.

Ok, so I veered away from the Pings after I purchased the Callaway Super Hybrid. I wanted a matching EF Flash hybrid to match. I tried it for about a week and a half and switched back to the Pings in the 3 & 4. The Super Hybrid is a great fit for me and stays for my FW replacement. It is a low spin bomb machine. My Pings are the perfect positions in the 19 & 23 spots. For me, the feel of the 410’s vs the EF hybrid weren’t even in the same ballpark.

I’ve had mine for 6 months. 19 and 22 but have both a degree strong. Everyone I play with say that my swing looks the best when I pull one of them out. Mine have the Ping Tour 85 shaft. It has some heft to it which I like. I hit mine straight at standard setting. Was pushing the flat setting to the right too much. Only thing I can’t do is play it way back in my stance. When I do, it’s usually not a good result for some reason. Rarely need to do so and I don’t care. They are solidly in my bag. I like Titleist, Callaway and cobra hybrids but these pings are at a different level for me. One last thing, off a tight peg, these things are deadly on par 3’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to turn my 4HY for a warranty. The hosel began to separate from the shaft and looked like it was going to come apart. GG had to send it into Ping so I don’t know when I will get it back. I do miss that club, I put the EF 4 in the bag and it just doesn’t have the same feel for me.

So I got my 4H back from Ping with a new shaft to replace the damaged one. It has the same head but it sounds higher pitched to me. I don’t know if it is just me or what. No difference in the performance of it so I just have to get used to the change.

So I got my 4H back from Ping with a new shaft to replace the damaged one. It has the same head but it sounds higher pitched to me. I don’t know if it is just me or what. No difference in the performance of it so I just have to get used to the change.
Turns out that the higher pitch was coming from a cracked head.....just sent it back and will be getting a new head to pair with the new shaft that they sent me. I think they cracked the head when they we’re doing the initial repair because I noticed the different sound immediately.

that sucks man... hope they can get you taken care of

Turns out that the higher pitch was coming from a cracked head.....just sent it back and will be getting a new head to pair with the new shaft that they sent me. I think they cracked the head when they we’re doing the initial repair because I noticed the different sound immediately.

Was the club dropped or slammed ?? Seems odd both a shaft would break and head would crack at similar times.

given it’s a removable head not sure How Ping would have cracked it. unless they were careless and dropped it.

Was the club dropped or slammed ?? Seems odd both a shaft would break and head would crack at similar times.

given it’s a removable head not sure How Ping would have cracked it. unless they were careless and dropped it.
I didn’t slam it and the head wasn’t cracked when I shipped it off. Don’t really know what happened to the head. The ferrule came loose and was digging into the shaft was the reason I sent it back. I hit it when it came back and it was a totally different sound. Looked at it and the face was cracked. Maybe it was damaged during shipping. No clue really.

Glad to have my 4h back. It is brand new and served me well my last round. Used it for lay ups and even choked down and hit a green from 180 into the wind.

Glad to have my 4h back. It is brand new and served me well my last round. Used it for lay ups and even choked down and hit a green from 180 into the wind.

Nice. I'm looking for a used one right now (4H lefty) but slim pickings so far. I love my 3H so far want to grab another one and battle it out with my 4 iron.

Back