PING G410 Hybrid Review

Agreed!!! Have you tried the crossover? Its actually quite good in its own right.
I had the original crossover and it was pretty good. I start to get squirrelly with the longer irons so I stay away from them if at all possible.

I have 3 rounds with my 4h and it has been great once I figured out hitting hybrids again haha. The last round it was freaking legit. Messed up on a par 5 tee shot, chunked out of deep rough and left myself 210 for my 3. Hit the hybrid and put it on the green.

Another shot was from somewhat thick rough and I hit a great out with it. Didn’t go as far as I hoped due to the rough, but it came out super easy.

The 4H has become one of my favorite clubs off the tee on tight holes. I can elevate it over a corner or hit it low and penetrating with some roll out on a tight hole. Just a very versatile club.

By far the best hybrids i have ever hit. Easy to launch and the stock Alta shaft suits me well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely love my g410 hybrids. I have 2,3,4 and 6. Along with a 3 wood g410.
I’m thinking about testing out the ping 410 driver and comparing it to my epic flash...

I absolutely love my g410 hybrids. I have 2,3,4 and 6. Along with a 3 wood g410.
I’m thinking about testing out the ping 410 driver and comparing it to my epic flash...
How does the 3 wood compare to the hybrids? I trie it but it did not feel as good to me as the hybrids. But I couldn’t hit a 3 wood off of the deck if you had a gun to my head.

How does the 3 wood compare to the hybrids? I trie it but it did not feel as good to me as the hybrids. But I couldn’t hit a 3 wood off of the deck if you had a gun to my head.

I was mishitting a lot when I hit 3 wood off the deck, so I just switched to 2 hybrid and most of the time , it would go where I needed it to go... I really haven’t hit my 3 wood in a while. I went for my 2 hybrid if I had a 220-240 shot. Did the job for me at least...

The FW was fun when I hit it in store the other day, that said, I said it in my homepage article/review and will here again, the hybrid is the ROCKSTAR of the 410 lineup (and I say that recently having fallen for the LST driver!)

I was mishitting a lot when I hit 3 wood off the deck, so I just switched to 2 hybrid and most of the time , it would go where I needed it to go... I really haven’t hit my 3 wood in a while. I went for my 2 hybrid if I had a 220-240 shot. Did the job for me at least...

Exactly my game as well.

This thing is a machine. Hit it on par 5 for a second shot and it was so smooth. Hit it in a long par 4 where I thought I was between (pin was 220) my 4 hybrid and 3 wood. Hit 4 hybrid to plan on being just short/front of the green. Hit it pin high landing very soft. Unbelievable

This thing is a machine. Hit it on par 5 for a second shot and it was so smooth. Hit it in a long par 4 where I thought I was between (pin was 220) my 4 hybrid and 3 wood. Hit 4 hybrid to plan on being just short/front of the green. Hit it pin high landing very soft. Unbelievable
Yep, they're consistency defined.

Has my opinion on hybrids completely changed.
And still just a crazy sleeper. Surprises me, especially since compared to everything not named Flash, the ball speed is right there with anything.

And still just a crazy sleeper. Surprises me, especially since compared to everything not named Flash, the ball speed is right there with anything.

That I have noticed as well. Not sure I’ve ever hit a hybrid that felt this good and just rocketed.

So just got the 4h a 10 days ago and it is already in the top 2 favourite clubs in the bag. Everything about this is awesome, and the fact that you can adjust it to a flat setting for me is great as I like hitting fw woods so it feels like one. Now I'm seriously pondering getting the 5h as well, generally my 5i is a bit of on / off and I feel with this it could be a real weapon getting good height into greens. Another eye opener for me was when I played with one of the better players at out club and he had the G400h all the way to a 6h, he said they for him are by far the most consistent and he is not even considering going back to irons (he drives it close to 300 so it's not either a distance issue).

Anyone out there who has bagged a 5h in these?

I have already pretty much assembled my bag for next year. These two beauties will be staying put. I haven’t had as much consistency with hybrids until these.

Hit mine for the first time today, in a sim golf round. Had it dialed +1* for easy elevation. 3 from fairway 1 from tee, 2 outstanding results and 2 misses that were very playable. Felt good, Alta R seems like a good shaft for my swing. 225 uphill to 10’ from the fairway, if that were outdoors I’d be more than thrilled.

Took the 3H back to 18* yesterday and so far, promising. Going to run with these over the Flash in that spot, for now at least.

Proof was in the pudding again with these this past week at Aviara with the boys from THP and PX. The 4h in particular is a weapon for me, and I hit some killer shots with it, with absurd consistency.

Happy hybrids make me happy.

I will probably buy myself the 3 and 4 for Christmas. No reason to do so right now.

I picked up the G410 4H yesterday after demo'ing the TM M6, Srixon Z H85 and then the G410. Out of the 3, I had the best results with the G410 4H. The G410 4H I bought has the Alta CB Red 70 Stiff shaft. Not a fan at looking at those turbulators but who cares.... just hit the damn thing! ;)

I want to try the F* flat lie setting. I don't have the T25 Torx PING torque wrench tool but I do have the correct regular tools to do it. I searched for the torque setting but Ping is very tight lipped about it. I did find a TM factory statement that their T25 torx screw torque value is 40 INCH-pounds. Sounds about right for an 8-32 type screw. Be careful out there, there are uninformed people saying it is 40 ft-pounds, which is appropriate for a 7/16" SS bolt. LOL!!! But if you try to torque an 8-32 screw to that level, you'll break it. So, I took the T25 torx screw out, lined up the F* to the arrow, reassembled the head and torqued the screw to 40 in-lbs. Easy peasy. After adjusting it, I setup with it slightly flatter and it just feels right, so in the next day or two, I'll get back out to the range and try it.

Another small annoyance with PING... I can't find anywhere what the flat lie settings do to the standard lie of 58*. Just the useless statement of "up to 3* lie adjustment". Come on man!! Spell it out. Tell us what each setting is doing for goodness sakes! Sheesh! :p

Hit a few good ones with these today, still Uber satisfied. I hit a 4HY out of the rough and it had a really strange flight like it had virtually no spin. Straight and ran out 225 to the front. I never see that with the 4 but it was kind of fun watching it try to stay in the air.

I hit my new G410 4H today with the lie Flat but still 22* loft. Interestingly, most were fades, which is okay but unusual for me. Two shots went dead straight and the rest were fades. I liked how it was nice high energy ball speed off of the face and the ball flight was at an excellent launch angle. They appeared to get to their apex and then make a nice steep decent. WRT the fades, maybe I was playing the ball a touch too far forward in my stance, that is possible. I'll have to play around with that a bit. Otherwise, I like what it is doing, I'll just have to play with it and adjust to it.

I have several rounds with the G410 hybrids (4 &5). I still have them on the standard settings and find that I am hitting them well with a slight fade. I found that strange because I can hook any club but so far on normal shots, only small fades. I did hit one shot where I needed a big hook and it was only a small draw which is no where near what I am used to. So far the "honey moon" is looking good.

I hit my new G410 4H today with the lie Flat but still 22* loft. Interestingly, most were fades, which is okay but unusual for me. Two shots went dead straight and the rest were fades. I liked how it was nice high energy ball speed off of the face and the ball flight was at an excellent launch angle. They appeared to get to their apex and then make a nice steep decent. WRT the fades, maybe I was playing the ball a touch too far forward in my stance, that is possible. I'll have to play around with that a bit. Otherwise, I like what it is doing, I'll just have to play with it and adjust to it.
Flat setting is going to impart a more fadey flight for some, which is exactly what it’s designed to do.

Back