i'm not a big fan of the duller gray "accents" that ping and another oem has used in their current model. but it's not offensive to me.

It’s a funny thing with PING drivers. They’re always rated as high or higher than anyone else’s. I hear people complain about turbolators, sound, looks, and whatever else they can think of, but they work.
I’d take the complaints seriously if the guys complaining weren’t playing drivers that looked and sounded like Epics and Sims, lol.
If people really cared a ton about sound they would always play Titleist drivers IMO. They crush sound every single release.

I really like the pea coat colorway on that one. I think another upcoming release has a HOT green color.

There is one coming that is green...But its certainly not "fluorescent" and they are another company that one can order multiple colors. Not being contrarian, but not sure I understood the joke...

The two things one should probably wait for when it comes to releases from any company, is seeing it and hitting it for yourself. Microphones can sometimes get it wrong compared to the human ear (unless it's just Nike Sasquatch or Cobra LV4 loud) and the eyes can absolutely lie to you about how things look in various lighting.

See it, hit it, hooray feedback.

The two things one should probably wait for when it comes to releases from any company, is seeing it and hitting it for yourself. Microphones can sometimes get it wrong compared to the human ear (unless it's just Nike Sasquatch or Cobra LV4 loud) and the eyes can absolutely lie to you about how things look in various lighting.

See it, hit it, hooray feedback.

this isn't really about the product, but i'm not sure i agree. we are here because we want to see pics. we click on youtube reviews because we want to see results, but also look for other feedback on feel/sound, etc. pics and videos are good for the hype and excitement.

this isn't really about the product, but i'm not sure i agree. we are here because we want to see pics. we click on youtube reviews because we want to see results, but also look for other feedback on feel/sound, etc. pics and videos are good for the hype and excitement.

Sure, but how many times have you heard someone say X driver sounds like this. You go and hit it, and it sounds nothing like it?

So far what we have seen with the Max is that fast to very fast swingers are getting some decently low spin. Slower to moderate, the spin jumps a bit and those players might find more success distance wise out of the LST.

This was my experience. I don't care to post personal swing numbers because it can get carried away for some, but I'm around 109-111 and was surprised as I thought the numbers on the max was gonna be very high. I think I might be deaf, I honestly don't have a huge issue with the sound but will add a bit of hot melt to dull it.

On a side note I love following along on this thread, I like hearing people talk about my favorite brand that (huge bias here) I don't think gets talked about a lot, haha!

On a side note I love following along on this thread, I like hearing people talk about my favorite brand that (huge bias here) I don't think gets talked about a lot, haha!

I agree. I didn’t give them a look in for the first 30 years of playing golf. That all changed beginning of last year and now I’m completely smitten. The gear I have performs for me better than anything I’ve used in the past. And I love the way they don’t indulge in brash marketing, but just go about their business making stuff that just flat out works.

I figured it out. The G425 Max sounds like the Triton with the titanium sole plate. I honestly started checking for cracks in the head. Didn’t they investing in a sound testing room a few years ago?

So far what we have seen with the Max is that fast to very fast swingers are getting some decently low spin. Slower to moderate, the spin jumps a bit and those players might find more success distance wise out of the LST.

Kinda refreshing to see some spin in this day and age. Seems these days oems are just trying to win launch monitor battles with iron byron like youtube swings. For the mere mortal having some spin isn't such a bad thing as @mikeg_74 mentioned.

I LOVE the glossy look, especially with carbon weave, until I put it in play... I spend a lot of time polishing the crown. And he seems like anything used comes with swirl marks that need to be buffed out. But the matte finish of the 400 Max hid all that much better.

While I agree it “looks like a Ping driver,” I do love the transition to just classic black/grey. I like a clean look, and this one looks pretty clean.

I think the black and grey will appeal to many. I know it does for me. Black and silver colorways pretty much match any bag setup.

I have never gotten along with Ping irons. I know some people really like them, but the lines just never look or feel good to me hitting

I really like the hybrids Ping consistently puts out, but the irons just don't really work for me

I have never gotten along with Ping irons. I know some people really like them, but the lines just never look or feel good to me hitting

I really like the hybrids Ping consistently puts out, but the irons just don't really work for me

The iron shape just has never appealed to me. I got to hit the i200 and thought they felt great, but wasn’t in love.

NOW, the drivers on the other hand, have been very “playable” for me. Maybe it’s been due to higher spin? Not sure, but I’ve gotten along with them.

No way I’m giving up my Mavrik. With its custom paint job, it is literally the most perfect driver I could imagine. BUT, I’m a THPer, and nothing stopping me from having more than one driver. :). The 425 Max will be on the short list of drivers to test, which also includes TSi2/TSi3 and Epic Speed.

So sick of the low spin stuff that some of us just can’t hit.
Good thing the trend industry wide and on tour is away from super low spin then, isn’t it?

Because I’m trying to have legitimate conversation??

I'll jump in, because hey why not?

Even with a super low spinning head and in Ping's case, 3 total options, doesn't that just put more emphasis on a proper fitting? Let a well trained fitter help you select the most optimum setup for you with head, loft, and shaft?

Even with a super low spinning head and in Ping's case, 3 total options, doesn't that just put more emphasis on a proper fitting? Let a well trained fitter help you select the most optimum setup for you with head, loft, and shaft?
I appreciate that, convo is good my man.

It definitely does, something em for everyone, and that should be the goal. Those low spin heads aren’t for everyone, but nor are high spinners.

I’m a big fan of brands having numerous offerings. 3-4 seems like a fair amount in current line and Ping has done good job of that over the last few years.

I like what they do as differentiators, probably more than any other brand. Everybody knows what to expect out of each head, even with the change in Max and Plus. I think conversation and working it out with feedback is a good thing. If a forum is supposed to be “don’t offer anything just get fit”, it would be a pretty boring place.

. I think conversation and working it out with feedback is a good thing. If a forum is supposed to be “don’t offer anything just get fit”, it would be a pretty boring place.

that’s what i was saying earlier. i 100% agree we should eventually try something for ourselves if interested. but 1) that’s not always possible based on someone’s geography, and 2) i love learning as much as i can before a fitting so i can narrow my options. i only have so many swings in this old body, can’t hit everything.

I appreciate that, convo is good my man.

It definitely does, something em for everyone, and that should be the goal. Those low spin heads aren’t for everyone, but nor are high spinners.

Probably one of the best things some companies did was move to the multihead releases that fall under the new line umbrella. Yeah the naming could get confusing in the beginning (mostly TM with the “Super” naming), but it was way easier to find a head in that line that worked best for you, then tweaked away.

that’s what i was saying earlier. i 100% agree we should eventually try something for ourselves if interested. but 1) that’s not always possible based on someone’s geography, and 2) i love learning as much as i can before a fitting so i can narrow my options. i only have so many swings in this old body, can’t hit everything.

As someone trying to stimulate the economy in FL, I have a few options to fix that :)

Probably one of the best things some companies did was move to the multihead releases that fall under the new line umbrella. Yeah the naming could get confusing in the beginning (mostly TM with the “Super” naming), but it was way easier to find a head in that line that worked best for you, then tweaked away.
That's a great point. Fitting is definitely the preference but it's nice to have different head options to choose from and help make the decision if a fitting can't be done.

I have a 9 degree Ping G400 Max and launch it 15-16 with 2500 spin. When I demoed the G410+ with my instructor, I needed a 10.5. I am guessing the 425 will be similar to 410+ Watching vids of inside reviews, it does not sound sweet. But drivers sound better outside. Looking forward to see if my instructor has a 425 head when I go to my monthly lesson on Saturday.

Back