Yeah, I was surprised that it looked so neutral. Not what I was expecting out of the max. But, could be a manufacturing tolerance based on other users feedback and the pics you posted.

was your pic 10.5 or 9?

I hit the 12* max a couple weeks ago and in neutral it looked a tad closed. Last week when hitting it I had set it to the the large minus which made it look spot on neutral.

Later today, we will be giving a PING G425 Max driver away on Instagram.

Later today, we will be giving a PING G425 Max driver away on Instagram.

I'm sure this will certainly draw some interest!

Thanks to everybody that tuned into the quick Instagram live.

Thanks to everybody that tuned into the quick Instagram live.
Interested to see how the lofts measure. If I remember right from quite a few years ago, Ping seemed to be a degree or two higher than the stated loft.

that was cool. the talk about the sound profile makes me want to go try one.

Interested to see how the lofts measure. If I remember right from quite a few years ago, Ping seemed to be a degree or two higher than the stated loft.

Okay, just measured. This one comes in at slightly less than 10*.

wow, so almost a degree less loft? is that pretty typical?
Im not sure what typical is honestly. Per the live stream I had 14 drivers to measure and 5 were accurate or with in less than half a degree. And one was nearly 3 degrees off.

Part of that is how they are measured and different machines apparently do different things. We chose Mitchell for the Tech Studio, because it is the one used on most tour vans. 2-3 brands seem to be the closest each time with lofts as stated, others not so much.

I actually don't think it is that big of a deal, because the hope is people are trying them before buying them and can adjust accordingly. Then again, I don't think loft as that big of a deal, in terms of it being stamped.

Just placed an order for a G425 Max 9* driver with the Tensei. Asked them to hot melt it to deaden the sound. I was asked where I wanted the hot melt added so told them to put it in the center (they asked if I wanted toe, center or heel). Any insights? I said center as I'd like it as neutral as possible and to deaden the sound without loosing any forgiveness.

Last edited:
Just placed an order for a G425 Max 9* driver with the Tensei. Asked them to hot melt it to deaden the sound. I was asked where I wanted the hot melt added so told them to put it in the center (they asked if I wanted toe, center or heel). Any insights? I said center as I'd like it as neutral as possible and to deaden the sound without loosing any forgiveness.
I do my hot melt in the center for just sound. Since I struggle with snap hooks when I really go after it I've put some in the front toe area, but I've never seemed to benefit so mainly just use it for sound dampening

Why does it have to be in one place or the other? Can't it be in all of the spots? Does hot melting affect ball flight in any way?

Did you state how much hot melt to add? Curious if they alter the 26 g weight in back to keep your swing weight the same, D3 is stock.

On my 425 Max there is a small set screw across from the loft on the bottom. Is this used for hot melt? Thx.

Did you state how much hot melt to add? Curious if they alter the 26 g weight in back to keep your swing weight the same, D3 is stock.

I asked Ping to keep the swing weight at D3. They did not ask how much hot melt I wanted. I assumed they'd know best to dampen the sound?

Why does it have to be in one place or the other? Can't it be in all of the spots? Does hot melting affect ball flight in any way?

Hot melt will move the CG. If placed in the toe, CG gets moved towards the toe etc. That's why I specifically asked for it in the middle and don't want to lose any forgiveness so I'm assuming they'll place it towards the rear.

Back