Ping G425 Hybrids

digging this thread back up. Anymore G425 hybrid feedback?

I am thinking about trying out the 5h today at the demo facility near me. I got the G410 5h in last year from Global Golf on their u try it program. it was ok, but didn't love it.
also tried the G425 6h this year on trial but was having a poor swing day that day and decided not to buy it.

Slowly this year I have moved into mostly ping gear...i200 irons this summer, then a G425 Max driver in Sept and now a G425 SFT 5w. Thinking why not round out the bag and get a hybrid too :)

I am thinking about trying out the 5h today at the demo facility near me. I got the G410 5h in last year from Global Golf on their u try it program. it was ok, but didn't love it.
also tried the G425 6h this year on trial but was having a poor swing day that day and decided not to buy it.

Slowly this year I have moved into mostly ping gear...i200 irons this summer, then a G425 Max driver in Sept and now a G425 SFT 5w. Thinking why not round out the bag and get a hybrid too :)

I've been hitting it more lately on the range - the club offers excellent distance and tight dispersion. I had to rid myself of the thins - a swing issue - before saying too much. It's excellent for escaping from poor conditions - accurate when punching out or half swings when in trouble and from poor lies.

My Ping clubs are the hybrid and 425 Driver.

As someone who games the G425 hybrids from 4h all the way to 7h😳, I can absolutely say these clubs are amazing. They have really helped my longer game a bunch. Big fan of how they feel and how they perform. Mind you, I’m a high handicapper who still can’t hit consistent shots, so your mileage may vary, but I just love these things.

I have to give them very positive ratings all the way even though I no longer have mine and went back to Cobra. I did that because of gapping issues not because of quality of product. It was that the Cobra hybrids fit better with my Cobra irons. 🤷‍♀️

I wanted to love them, but went back to the G410...

For me it was a bit more forgiving and a more consistent club. YMMV.

Wifee surprised me with a g425 3h for Christmas. I have no business hitting a 3h but returned it for a 5h. Hoping to get out Wed to try it out. Love it at address and the shaft length isn’t obnoxious.

I wanted to love them, but went back to the G410...

For me it was a bit more forgiving and a more consistent club. YMMV.
Isn’t the 425 head slightly larger than the 410?

Isn’t the 425 head slightly larger than the 410?

Everyone's game is different - what works for one, may not work for another. I find the Ping G425 is consistent. Just don't hit it thin.

Everyone's game is different - what works for one, may not work for another. I find the Ping G425 is consistent. Just don't hit it thin.
Does any club deal with a thin strike well ?

Does any club deal with a thin strike well ?

Some go a little higher than others or may be more forgiving on thin strikes depending on placement of weight.

With that new face and design - spin seems very consistent in the Ping.

I find the Ping very accurate.

I'm strictly speaking 5h 425 vs 410

I found 425 launched higher but didn't really seem to spin that much more. The 400[albeit a different shaft irod vs lin-q] spins considerably more. 425 also wanted to draw naturally where the 410 wants to go straight. Went with the 410 because it felt more comfortable & tended to launch through my perception window

Basically you're either a turbohater or noticeable isn't in your vocabulary IMO

Just a bump for the week ….

I'm strictly speaking 5h 425 vs 410

I found 425 launched higher but didn't really seem to spin that much more. The 400[albeit a different shaft irod vs lin-q] spins considerably more. 425 also wanted to draw naturally where the 410 wants to go straight. Went with the 410 because it felt more comfortable & tended to launch through my perception window

Basically you're either a turbohater or noticeable isn't in your vocabulary IMO

I was doing a search to see if anyone had similar results to what I was seeing and I've decided to stick with the G410's but for the opposite reasons. It always amazes me how two golfers can hit the same clubs and get opposite results. I guess that is one of the reasons they make so many different kinds.

I have the 2/3/4 hybrids in both the G425 and G410. I have the Alta CB shafts and also the Tensei Orange shafts (both in stiff flex). For reference, my driver speed tends to run in the 105-110mph range and 7 iron in the 87-90 range. I tried all the clubs swapping shafts back and forth to get apples to apples. I tested them on a GC2 launch monitor both indoors and outside. For me:

• Distance 425 > 410 (basically exclusively due to lower spin)
  • Height 410>425 - 410 launched higher in every loft
  • Forgiveness 425 > 410
  • Feel 425 > 410 (425 feels "hotter" to me)
  • Spin 410 > 425 the 410 easily spun more
  • Consistency 425 > 410
  • Accuracy - push (I hit everything right to left and even in the flat setting that was still my miss in both)
  • Looks 410 > 425 (I don't mind the turbulators and could see why others might, but I like the smaller footprint of the 410)

I'm keeping the 410's in the bag because I use them to hit into greens or off the tee on tight holes. I like the extra height and spin on the 410's. If I were looking for max forgiveness and distance, it would be the G425 without question.

Last edited:
I was doing a search to see if anyone had similar results to what I was seeing and I've decided to stick with the G410's but for the opposite reasons. It always amazes me how two golfers can hit the same clubs and get opposite results. I guess that is one of the reasons they make so many different kinds.

I have the 2/3/4 hybrids in both the G425 and G410. I have the Alta CB shafts and also the Tensei Orange shafts (both in stiff flex). For reference, my driver speed tends to run in the 105-110mph range and 7 iron in the 87-90 range. I tried all the clubs swapping shafts back and forth to get apples to apples. I tested them on a GC2 launch monitor both indoors and outside. For me:

• Distance 425 > 410 (basically exclusively due to lower spin)
  • Height 410>425 - 410 launched higher in every loft
  • Forgiveness 425 > 410
  • Feel 425 > 410 (425 feels "hotter" to me)
  • Spin 410 > 425 the 410 easily spun more
  • Consistency 425 > 410
  • Accuracy - push (I hit everything right left and even in the flat setting that was still my miss in both)
  • Looks 410 > 425 (I don't mind the turbulators and could see why others might, but I like the smaller footprint of the 410)

I'm keeping the 410's in the bag because I use them to hit into greens or off the tee on tight holes. I like the extra height and spin on the 410's. If I were looking for max forgiveness and distance, it would be the G425 without question.
So roughly 10mph in swing speed & 85g vs 100g shaft weight - you vs me. As I stated strictly 5h - 425 just didn't suit what I wanted. For whatever reason the 410 just worked out better.

The 22/4H won the spot in my bag. Didn’t care as much for the TSi2, didn’t have an Apex or adjustable Cobra available to try (just want a distance and not all the distance). 210 on a smooth easy swing. Deciding tonight if it’s Tensei orange or Slate CB. Very similar results with both playing at +1 Flat.

Picked up the G425 4H Tensei Orange in stiff. Set it flat plus one and haven’t looked back. Easy 200 yard swing and can get it to 210-215 if needed and not worry about losing it left.

Crazy easy to hit. I can't say its better than the King Tec hybrid as far as ease of launch and pure distance, but it makes the absolute perfect iron replacement. It just gives me a number and only turns when I try to turn it.

Crazy easy to hit. I can't say its better than the King Tec hybrid as far as ease of launch and pure distance, but it makes the absolute perfect iron replacement. It just gives me a number and only turns when I try to turn it.

I like it, too. While not as long as you, I hit it in a scramble this week from 190, and my partners loved me when they found my ball only 6 feet from the hole. Birdie.

I find it very precise from the woods, too.:LOL:

For what it's worth I am 68, low 80's swing speed & 21 handicap. G425 4 hybrid has been a game changer for me. I average around 190 yds with an occasional 200+.

I have the 3 and the 4. these are nice for sure. I have hit some amazing shots lately with them but I was tempted to try a 7 wood instead of the 3 hybrid. I put an order in for a 425 max 7 wood to match my 3 and 5 wood.

I dumped mine yesterday on a Jaws Raw wedge. Mizuno Fli HI Pro 4i is just better for my swing. Even in flat setting I still turned it left. Hard to set up 30 yards right to play a shot.

Old thread bumping because the G425 4 hybrid earned its keep yesterday. I badmouthed it in my WITB video and it must have heard me and had something to prove :LOL:

Hit only 2 shots with it, but they were both outstanding. The first was going after a green on a short par 5, hit a blocked drive and had about 210 uphill to the green but had to thread a line between the trees. Hit it absolutely on a rope and caught the front of the green, setting up a 2 putt bird. The 2nd was a position tee shot on the other short par 5, where there is a cutoff creek at about 250 stopping you from just banging driver. I hit another laser straight ball out to about 230 (it was downhill so I got some extra roll), setting myself up perfectly for the approach.

These results were really reassuring, because lately the thing has been a hook machine. It tends to do that when I get quick, and I think part of that is the shaft - I've picked up like 6-7 mph of speed since I got the club 2 seasons ago, and I think I could use something a little heavier and stouter in there. But when I do stay smooth, the results speak for themselves like they did yesterday. And the thing sounds and feels really solid.

Back