Ping G425 Hybrids

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Couldn't find a thread so I am starting one myself. I am currently playing 818 H2 Hybrids right now and I am thinking about replacing them early this year. These have caught my eye as really good options. Anyone hit them yet? How do they feel? How do they sound? A 19* and 22* with Tensei Orange 80 sounds real nice.

https://ping.com/en-us/clubs/hybrids/g425

I am in hybrid ponder mode - looking for a 23*ish. Will follow this thread as certainly interested is some thoughts on this one.

Not tried them yet but I usually get along well with Ping hybrids. I’m looking forward to trying them out for sure

Played Sim Max and didnt think twice about switching when I tried the Ping G 425. Sooo much straighter for me, its not even funny. (Playing the JDM with lighter shafts...)

TXG has a great review video on YouTube. I think this will be my next hybrid.

I'm watching with interest. My G hybrid is the oldest club in my bag and I am looking for two adjustable hybrids to address a gap issue in that part of my bag.

I see they offer a Steelfiber hybrid shaft for an up charge. Has anyone ever hit one of these shafts in a hybrid? I love them in the irons and I’m curious....

The new Ping G425 hybrids and fairways woods are phenomenal. I’m seeing great results with my golfers so far. The new look is welcome too, in my opinion. I also love the black and clean look.
Do you have thoughts on it compared to the G410 hybrids? Turbulators/looks are obvious differences, but any thoughts on performance differences? I am wondering if I should buy prior gen for price difference, or splurge a little for the new release.

Do you have thoughts on it compared to the G410 hybrids? Turbulators/looks are obvious differences, but any thoughts on performance differences? I am wondering if I should buy prior gen for price difference, or splurge a little for the new release.

I think the new tech in the G425 fairways and hybrids is great. The Facewrap tech is real and produces some really good numbers on low strikes. I welcomed the removal of the turbulators. Combine that tech with the changeable neck and the option to flatten the lie and open the face, you've got one of the most versatile hybrids on the market.

At the end of the day though, you would be best served by hitting them side my side.

I thought the sound and feel were better on the g425 hybrid. The g410 kinda had that tinny thonk sound. I didn’t mind the turbs but the clean top looks great. Very g25 in my opinion.

I’m excited about these... the 410s work well for me but I can catch them low, so hoping the spin consistency works for me

Couldn't find a thread so I am starting one myself. I am currently playing 818 H2 Hybrids right now and I am thinking about replacing them early this year. These have caught my eye as really good options. Anyone hit them yet? How do they feel? How do they sound? A 19* and 22* with Tensei Orange 80 sounds real nice.

https://ping.com/en-us/clubs/hybrids/g425

I guess your plans have changed. 😂

I hit the G425 hybrid (3 and 4 hybrids) a couple weeks ago and felt they were excellent. I prefer the new look without the turbulators, so they now look a lot like my old G25 hybrid at address. I tried the Ping Tour and the Tensei Orange shafts and preferred the Tensei, but the Tour worked well too. They didn't have the Rogue, but would also try that out if I was getting fitted.

Centered strikes were very soft and felt/sound great - can't comment on comparison to G410 hybrid as it's been a while since I hit them. Ball flight was high and long, and spin was about perfect for me for both lofts (3500-4500). Only issue for me is they felt slightly fade biased, and were tough to draw for me. Adjusting the loft I believe would only make this worse. So for people that fight a left miss with a hybrid, the new Ping hybrids will continue to remain excellent options.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m seeing these in the flat setting as a high lifted fairway wood with a shorter shaft??? I felt that way with the G410. Very nice but kinda the same as something they already offer.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m seeing these in the flat setting as a high lifted fairway wood with a shorter shaft??? I felt that way with the G410. Very nice but kinda the same as something they already offer.

Pretty much. Carry distance was only slightly less than the equivalent fairway wood, so these would be a great option if you struggle with the longer fairways in the higher lofts. I was hitting the 2 hybrid nearly as far as the G425 Max 3 wood with stock settings. Turn down the hybrid loft to 16* (small -) or 15.5* (big -) and you have yourself a glorified mini 3-wood that's likely a lot easier to hit for most golfers.

I'm still debating whether to go with the 7-wood or 3-hybrid, but am leaning 3-hybrid due to the versatility and being a bit easier to hit (for me).

Pretty much. Carry distance was only slightly less than the equivalent fairway wood, so these would be a great option if you struggle with the longer fairways in the higher lofts. I was hitting the 2 hybrid nearly as far as the G425 Max 3 wood with stock settings. Turn down the hybrid loft to 16* (small -) or 15.5* (big -) and you have yourself a glorified mini 3-wood that's likely a lot easier to hit for most golfers.

I'm still debating whether to go with the 7-wood or 3-hybrid, but am leaning 3-hybrid due to the versatility and being a bit easier to hit (for me).
I Play a 2H from Mizuno lofted down. It’s good as a secondary tee club but with out the added weight back in the club it doesn’t launch very well off the turf. I’d imaging a 15.5 2H would be the same just with a club face sitting open a degree or so.

Hit the 4H today. 225yds carry at 22 degrees is very long for me. Control and accuracy were not a problem either. Would recommend for sure.

After hitting it all, the hybrids are the star of the line to me. Look good. Solid distance. As forgiving as most and just a solid offering.

I launch them lower than most comparable hybrids of similar loft, but that might be a me thing.

After hitting it all, the hybrids are the star of the line to me. Look good. Solid distance. As forgiving as most and just a solid offering.

I launch them lower than most comparable hybrids of similar loft, but that might be a me thing.

I play the Apex 19 3 and 4H right now. I’d make the change to these without thinking. So easy to launch. Felt like half swings to get big results. That’s with the stock Alta shaft. I would not consider the Crossover.

Any feedback yet on the 425 irons ??
They claim the head size is smaller than the g410 but in my measurements they were nearly identical.

Any feedback yet on the 425 irons ??
They claim it’s smaller than the g410 but in my measurements they were nearly identical.
I hit the 425 today. Didn’t feel or seem much different to me than the 410. I love the i200/210s but would likely go with Hot Metals based on feel

Back