Ping G425 Hybrids

Any feedback yet on the 425 irons ??
They claim the head size is smaller than the g410 but in my measurements they were nearly identical.

They look the same to me.
Im sure I will post my feedback in that thread on them soon. Bit gun shy to offer it honestly :)

I hit the hybrids for the first time tonight. Coming from the G410 I do believe there are real winners. I did not do a head to head comparision between them but if the numbers I saw on the PGASS Foresight were close to accurate these will be hands down better than my G410. I definitely see a 3 and 4 hybrid going in my bag to replace the ones I have now. I hit thin quite a bit so the facewrap will be very good for me.

I think I'm sold on the hybrids. I took my 4h into the PGASS tonight to do a direct head to head with the G425. Same launch, same height, lower spin but spin and launch was consistent on mishits. The lower spin might not be for everyone and a few hooks might have contributed to the spin numbers for me. I did pick up 5 yards on the 4h in the stock Alta shaft. I'm not sure I felt a different due to the stock grip versus my midsize SS Cross Comfort on my G410 but it was mentioned to me that the Alta Slate has some additional dampening in it. Not sure if that is true or the details around it but I had not heard that before. Spinsistency does seems to be a legit thing since I hit low on the face quite a bit.

Waiting for my 4H to ship - I had requested an upgraded grip and that seems to have added weeks/months to the ship date. Not scheduled to ship until 3/25 (ordered 2/7). I need to get set up to change grips myself...

Waiting for my 4H to ship - I had requested an upgraded grip and that seems to have added weeks/months to the ship date. Not scheduled to ship until 3/25 (ordered 2/7). I need to get set up to change grips myself...
As a lefty I'll probably have to order the 4 hybrid in the R flex Alta shaft. Nobody carries it in stock. I'm definitely changing the grip on it but I'll deal with that after I get it.

She’s a beauty, and arrived just about on time after being told it was a month out. Will be at the range this weekend.
FF56997A-B155-43F4-9245-0E02944A8864.jpeg7D58E11D-82C7-45F6-A294-5CB73FEE1FC5.jpeg

Hit about 10 balls with the 4H on the range today. Didn’t miss 1 of them. I had to put it down as I didn’t want to waste all of the good shots with this club on the range.

I was mostly high and center on the face. One was towards the heel and was straight with what seemed like no/little loss of distance.

Gapping might be an issue though. It was going about 10 yards further than I had mentally slotted it for in the bag (Max lofted). Now thinking 5H...

I was hitting my 4 hybrid in the net today. Why can't ping make all their woods sound like the hybrid? It is my favorite hybrid ever. Looks, feels and sounds incredible.

Had a fitting for hybrids last week, and specifically went in for these (while keeping an open mind of course).

Did not disappoint. These hybrids are fantastic. Looks, sound, feel, it's the whole package.

I didn't pull the trigger, because I want to wait until the season ramps up, and go back for a second try to be sure. But, the 4hy will be in the bag this year, no doubt.

I'm going to visit my fitter this coming week. I hope it's as good as I want it to be. Haha.
Where are you going these days, Club Champion or elsewhere?

Where are you going these days, Club Champion or elsewhere?

Yep CC, Rockville. I have a very good relationship with my fitter. And, it's more like a hangout, than a sterile fitting experience, if that makes sense. I can PM you his info if you want.

Yep CC, Rockville. I have a very good relationship with my fitter. And, it's more like a hangout, than a sterile fitting experience, if that makes sense. I can PM you his info if you want.
That would be awesome. They were first on my list to visit this spring.

That @Club Champion is a solid location.

I only have 7 shots in with my 3 hybrid, but I've been pretty impressed so far. Hit them all when they first got released, and I remember being open to a hybrid or fairway, but I didn't know if I'd ever actually grab one. I thought it might gap better with my Apex Pro 4i than my 3U's do, and it seems like it does. Distance is about 10 yards further. I have historically played a 2 iron or 2H and that worked well, so this one at 19 seems about right.

Sound isn't bad on course, crazy easy to hit, and been able to work it pretty well. Didn't expect to put it up against the TSi3, but it's earning a chance.

Had lunch today with the Pro at my course and ended up ordering the 4H today with the Aldila Rogue Black, had plenty of shop credit. Always hit the Ping Hybrids well going back to the Anser so wanted to have a battle with this and my Epic Flash 4H.

I've had a few rounds with my 4H Tensei Orange shaft. Without a doubt my favorite hybrid ever. It looks incredible and it is so easy to hit. I also really love the ability to adjust +/- 1.5. I think it's the star of the G425 lineup. I already said it above, if Ping can get the Driver and woods to sound like the hybrid, I would have a full bag of Ping.

I've had a few rounds with my 4H Tensei Orange shaft. Without a doubt my favorite hybrid ever. It looks incredible and it is so easy to hit. I also really love the ability to adjust +/- 1.5. I think it's the star of the G425 lineup. I already said it above, if Ping can get the Driver and woods to sound like the hybrid, I would have a full bag of Ping.

I have a 5H coming, and I suspect I'll flip a 7W for the 4H too. LOVE the flat settings, and these look so much better without the turbulators.

I currently game a Big Bertha B-21 3H, and it goes far, but it definitely has a bias to the left - I struggle to hit it straight. Been looking into 2021 hybrids and the G425 keeps popping up as an excellent option - thinking of making a switch...

So I totally broke down and tested a Ping G425 3h out on the range today...and after about five shots I knew this was going in my bag. The sound and feel are amazing, the club looks fantastic, and more importantly I seem to consistently strike the ball better with this then the Big Bertha B-21. As I mentioned before, the B-21 has a definite left bias, where as this just goes far and straight (well, as straight as I can hit it, anyway). This is now my new gamer - looking forward to trying it out during tomorrow's round.

Any comparisons between the G425 and TSi2/3 hybrids? Especially interested in hearing from people that have a tendency to draw/hook their hybrids.

Any comparisons between the G425 and TSi2/3 hybrids? Especially interested in hearing from people that have a tendency to draw/hook their hybrids.

I would very interested in hearing thoughts about this also. :golf:

I’m 2 weeks in on my order G425 4H, 1/4” longer with non Arccos grip, GP TV Plus4. Aldila Rogue Black 85 S, no idea on wait time.

Just built this up and I’m pumped to see how this setup performs!

85775AE6-76B3-4F3F-A96A-EC521F89AB23.jpeg2E8A1E70-EB2F-4F11-91AE-81D3C5E9D810.jpeg

Might have some competition at the 4 hybrid spot... Messed around with the 4H at Golf Headquarters and walked out with one. Put it in the bag this past week, and it was fantastic. Used it off the tee a few times, finding fairways, but the most memorable shot was a long par 3. 17th hole is a 215 yard par 3. I hit a high draw off the tee that landed two feet from the pin and rolled out about 15 feet. Definitely can hold a green with this 4H, which can be tougher for me as I tend to be lower spin.

Back