PING G425 LST Fairway Wood

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I looked and did not see a dedicated thread for the PING G425 LST fairway wood, or the whole line of G425 fairways. Mods- Please delete or merge if a thread already exists.

PING says the G425 LST head is smaller than the other models in the line, with weighting meant to reduce spin and launch. PING also emphasizes Spinsistency and Facewrap technologies as a way to manage spin across the face and produce more consistent ball speeds on varying strikes, particularly strikes lower on the face.

Anyone else test this head and have some feedback?

I was recently fit into the PING G425 LST fairway wood. I was hitting the 3W head, which is historically not a loft I can comfortably play because of my delivery issues. During the fitting I tried several different heads, but nothing performed as well as the 425 LST for me, which is odd since usually I'm low launch and low spin. But this head hit a great spin window and peak height that no other head we tested could touch.

Today I had my first round with this head. I hit it several times off tees, and once off the fairway. I definitely tested different parts of the face, and found it to be straighter than my previous gamer.

I'm not sure I'd say I agree with their claim that the head provides more distance on the low face strike. I had this strike a couple times, and was about 20y short of the distance off a better strike.

Based on the results today, the distance seemed to be pretty much what I saw in my fitting.

I'll need some more time with the head to learn how it performs, but so far it seems like it will be exactly what I want it to be: a fairway finder that is easy to hit off the deck.

I loved the G410 LST fairway. Ping has kind of a unique face for it's 3 woods i've always thought, kind of shallow and rectangular looking. Inspires a lot of confidence behind the ball.

I wish i hadn't switched from it, but i don't hate my current 3 woods or anything

i hit this again on the range today and i was reminded just how freaking fun it is. i'm contemplating a little hot melt to improve the acoustics.

I’m not an LST player but have been gaming the 425 SFT 5w and like it alot. Replaced an epic flash.
I don’t find biased at all. If play my hands forward I get a draw, hands neutral a straight flight and if I put a cut swing on it I get the high butter cut. Fun club

I always wanted to try one of the LST fws.

I always wanted to try one of the LST fws.

i wouldn't say the 425 lst is a spin killer, if that's what you're after. for me it plays like i'd want the max to play. it launches well, it's forgiving, it's not a hook machine, and it's not ginormous behind the ball. my two knocks are the triangular shape isn't my favorite, and the sound is just not good.

i hit a couple fantastic shots with this today. the one that stands out was on the difficult par 4 18th. wind was hard in, and my tee shot got knocked down and into the right rough. gps said 220 to the middle. ball was nestled in the bermuda rough, and on an upslope. pulled this 3w and hit it right on the screws. very high launch, but held its line and just kept moving through the wind. it hit the green and gave me an improbable 2p par. it was a crazy good shot.

This has been one of my most favorite FW woods ever. My last round I hit a horrible drive on a 453 yard par 4. My GPS said 230 to pin. I hit it to 6 ft and birdied a hole a rarely birdie. I love the size, shallow face and how easy it is to hit well…

Back