For me to keep spin in-line with 425Max [well G30 onward]- I have to loft down(9*) then add loft via adapter. I'm hoping 430 LST allows me to loft up(10.5*) and still keep spin down
I know's it probably a hard one to answer, and I can only find out for myself by trying, but from your experience, do you think those of us with slower swing speeds could hack the LST?..

i like the 425Max and even lowered the loft and put adapter in flattest setting, but still feel at times with the somewhat closed face, a tendency to go left.. so wondering if the LST is not as closed as the Max so perhaps it'll be easier to shape.. but again it's just me talking late at night and suppose in the end i'll have to wait and try the 430 LST to see if i can hack it...

Yeah I thought that was interesting as well. Looks like they're coming out with an entire high launch line, with super light shafts and possible lighter heads (?)

I was wondering if they're going to start offering something similar to what the Callaway Star and XXIO lines offer, lightweight clubs filled with technology. I'm 62 years old and currently play Callaway Epic Flash Star and Epic Forged Star clubs in my bag. If I could get a similar product from Ping, I'd be very interested ...

Mike (MPM1960)

I was wondering if they're going to start offering something similar to what the Callaway Star and XXIO lines offer, lightweight clubs filled with technology. I'm 62 years old and currently play Callaway Epic Flash Star and Epic Forged Star clubs in my bag. If I could get a similar product from Ping, I'd be very interested ...

Mike (MPM1960)
Kinda sorta..
From what I understand the G430 HL driver is a Max or SFT head with a lighter 11g (vs 25g) weight in the head and their proprietary Alta Quick shaft which comes in 35g and 45g plus a lighter grip.

Here is what I gleaned from the web:

G430 HL (High Launch)

The G430 HL build is a new full-set custom option for slower swing speed golfers who don’t generate sufficient clubhead speed and ball velocity from traditionally weighted clubs. Custom engineered with lighter backweights (11g in driver and 5.5g in fairways and hybrids), ultra-light shafts (Alta Quick 35/45) and grips (Lamkin UTx, 41g), we’ve lowered the overall system weight so golfers can swing faster and generate more ball speed for higher launching, longer carrying shots across the entire set. Available in G430 MAX and SFT drivers and fairway woods, hybrids and irons.

I know they fixed the sound, but they didn't have to make up for that by making it even more ugly. I'm grateful there are other drivers coming.

I know they fixed the sound, but they didn't have to make up for that by making it even more ugly. I'm grateful there are other drivers coming.

The LST crown to me looks odd. I know they wanted to show the carbon tech but how it just kind of ends back into the normal matte black finish looks weird to me.

When TM first did the carbon top at least they offset it with another color (black and white contrast).

I Prefer the max crown better.

I’m glad they stuck with the matte though with limited matte options these days. You have to watch not to scratch it. But if you keep it clean looks brand new for years to come.

my g425 max is going on 2 seasons now and still looks mint. With gloss drivers I’ve owned it seemed just putting the cover on and off would kind of make swirl marks in the paint which bugged me

Are these out in the wild yet? Last week PGATSS near me didn't have them.

Are these out in the wild yet? Last week PGATSS near me didn't have them.
Have to get them overseas until January.

Did they fix the sound though? I hit one today and it was just kinda blah. At least prior I knew what I was hitting.

That said my numbers were pretty good.

Did they fix the sound though? I hit one today and it was just kinda blah. At least prior I knew what I was hitting.

That said my numbers were pretty good.
I mean, I don't flinch through impact with it. I'd call that improved. 😆

I mean, I don't flinch through impact with it. I'd call that improved. 😆
I wanted the whole store to know I was hitting a Ping and they didn’t 😂

Saw the pics of this on Instagram earlier. I love my G410, it’s by far the best driver I have used. Wasn’t overly excited by the 425, looked much what I already have. This I’m excited to try though. First time I’ve been excited by a club release in some time.

The lst has my attention and is in the early season ponder possibility. This the Cobra and Paradym are the 3 on my mind. I just hope I hit all 3 before pulling the trigger

Just got off the phone with Ping and the gentleman I talked to said the 430 will hit dealer shelf’s in the next 2-3 weeks. I’ll buy one on the first day since my clubs got stolen on Christmas Eve 😞

Just got off the phone with Ping and the gentleman I talked to said the 430 will hit dealer shelf’s in the next 2-3 weeks. I’ll buy one on the first day since my clubs got stolen on Christmas Eve 😞
So they are in account hands....I held one today. Available for demo/fitting 10th then delivers 16th.

I would have bought the DEMO 10.5 LST on the spot .....and I TRIED really hard

Nevermind, able to find it!

Last edited:
Back