Ping Glide 3.0 Wedges

These have become a long term fixture in my bag. My short game had not been great this year. I went to the CBX 2 and Full Face and those were really good, but I didn’t feel like I was getting everything out of my middle wedge, using the Full Face for everything. Then, I started reading @OldandStiff’s posts about the Glide 3s. My buddy also plays these wedges. I tried his one day on an approach and liked it. I had some store credit, so I bought the 54 and 60. My short game immediately transformed for the better. So, I bought a 50 degree and bent it strong to fit in with my Forged Tecs.

These may be the best wedges I have ever played. I am at a loss why they do not get more talk on the forum. They do anything a player’s wedge would do in terms of versatility, they spin like crazy and yet they still provide some forgiveness. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

I picked up a new 54 SS last night just for when I wear out the grooves/face on mine. I had a dream where mine got old and had to be retired and it was too heartbreaking to let become a reality. The one thing I didn't love initially, because they mostly look amazing, was the extra half groove at the bottom. I've come to love the effect it has though.

Love that another person fell in love with these, and they might remain the best kept secret around, but it won't be from me not shouting it from the rooftops how good they are. I'm finally reshafting my new eye2 this morning so I'll have the full variety to choose from for my bags.

I picked up a new 54 SS last night just for when I wear out the grooves/face on mine. I had a dream where mine got old and had to be retired and it was too heartbreaking to let become a reality. The one thing I didn't love initially, because they mostly look amazing, was the extra half groove at the bottom. I've come to love the effect it has though.

Love that another person fell in love with these, and they might remain the best kept secret around, but it won't be from me not shouting it from the rooftops how good they are. I'm finally reshafting my new eye2 this morning so I'll have the full variety to choose from for my bags.

Dreaming about a wedge wearing out... Man, we are a sick lot. :LOL:

I think these have been my favorite wedges I've owned. A good part of that is the weight and the feel of them. I have the recoil SMACWRAP 780 in the just like my irons and the I can really feel the weight of the head come through my stroke. It make it very easy to tell when I pull through the stroke or let to weight of the head fall through it. I haven't had the swing weight checked on them to confirm if they are heavier or not but I've never had another wedge that feels like this and I think it is exactly what I needed.

I don’t really think I have the need for a LW, but I’m seriously considering one just so I can have another of these fantastic wedges in my bag LOL.

I’m noodling on whether or not to replace my set GW with one of these to match my 52 and 56. When I get to doing that I’ll pull off a nice pitch to kick in range and the set GW survives a bit longer. Might just bite the bullet and grab one anyway.

So I treated myself to a new 54* SS when my round got over today. So now I can officially retire the current one that's wearing out, pull out the brand new backup, and put new-new one in the backup spot.

And yes, they are worth this level of crazy.

Anybody have any comments on the 58* or 60* TS vs the SS? I picked up the 52/12*SS last week and like it alot, now I'm thinking of grabbing a 58* but not sure if I should mix it up a bit with a low bounce to have both. The 58* is either 58/10 SS or 58/06 TS. I'll probably just go with the SS but wanted to see if anybody loves the TS.

Anybody have any comments on the 58* or 60* TS vs the SS? I picked up the 52/12*SS last week and like it alot, now I'm thinking of grabbing a 58* but not sure if I should mix it up a bit with a low bounce to have both. The 58* is either 58/10 SS or 58/06 TS. I'll probably just go with the SS but wanted to see if anybody loves the TS.

I tried both and what won me over is the one that performed better out of bunkers, which was the 58 SS. Both worked well in other areas with slight edge to TS on really tight fairway lies and SS in rough where ball sat up a bit but the bunker is where I saw the biggest difference. Given I use 58 on most bunker shots, that is the one I went with. My next wedge is 54 SS.

I have and have played them both. For me it would be the SS. I can only recall a few times it was less than ideal for the situation (couple hardpans, 1 in the ****, couple crappy bunkers if you call them that), and the times when it's been a benefit over the TS would be many.

I haven't played enough to wear out my original Glides, but that's my goal for the next year. :D It's great to read the same love for the 3.0 that I have for mine. They just do so many things so well that they have completely overhauled my short game.

I haven't played enough to wear out my original Glides, but that's my goal for the next year. :D It's great to read the same love for the 3.0 that I have for mine. They just do so many things so well that they have completely overhauled my short game.

My reason to try the Ping Glide 3.0 52* was to see if there’s any forgiveness in the Ping 52SS vs let’s say a Vokey SM 7 52/08 F I’m playing. I mean I play Apex CF19 Forged thru AW and wanted the same forgiveness.

I’m going there now with the Glides 3.0.

My reason to try the Ping Glide 3.0 52* was to see if there’s any forgiveness in the Ping 52SS vs let’s say a Vokey SM 7 52/08 F I’m playing. I mean I play Apex CF19 Forged thru AW and wanted the same forgiveness.

That's a great choice for that iron set. I still play my glides when I play my apex combo because they just fit it perfectly. You lose a little feel compared to a Vokey, but gain a ton of forgiveness.

I love this wedge already, just ordered the 58.10 SS today too.

I can feel the forgiveness in the 52 as I use that for full shots too after my CF19 AW 48*.

It’s outstanding in bunkers, I’ve used it for longer bunker shots that I think my 58* isn’t enough.

DFCBB808-6011-470E-94A9-41EFFB25AD9C.jpeg

So I've been struggling with my gap wedge all summer. I can't explain why, but for whatever reason, out of nowhere, I struggle to get 100yds out of my 52* Vokey, leaving me a massive gap for my PW to cover from 100 to 125...just too much. I'm so stubborn, I just dealt with it all summer, trying to get more out of the 52* sometimes, others trying to dial down the PW, which was a terrible idea.

So Tuesday, I've got a green light situation, but I'm right at that 104 yardage. There's a slight breeze at my back, so I give the 52* a go. I clipped it perfectly, felt good, but I knew it was going to be short and sure enough, I only got about 95 out of it....that made up my mind for me...I was going to get a 50*. I had just placed 3rd in my Club's Championship, so I had a $100 credit in the pro shop. 20 minutes before yesterday's round, I stopped in the pro shop to see what was on the rack and the only 50* was the PIng Glide, blacked out. There was no price tag, so I asked Tom what he'd give it to me for and he said he'd give me a deal, $99!

I said, "Tom, you've got yourself a #$%ing deal!"

Anyway, I put it in play immediately and it's like magic! I don't hit short irons more than say 80%....if I need more than that, I'll club up, but at about 80%, this club gave me 110 to 115 but was easy enough to dial down to 100...and in the right situations around the green, chipping was effortless and the touch was great.

I'm very pleased! Had never tried one before, but +1 for the Ping Glide!

I switched from the SM7’s to the Glide 3.0. The comets were stunningly beautiful in the finish I had (can’t remember what it was LOL) and performed well on well struck shots. But if you chunked it, or didn’t make a good swing out of a bunker, they hammered you. I have the Ping in the eye 2 sole. It’s always nice when you put a new club in the bag and it performs so well tour playing partners notice. Looks a little funky but just flat out performs, even on less than perfect strikes. Love this club!!!!!

My Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS arrived yesterday and it's beautiful. I now have the 52/12 SS and 58/10 SS and I notice the sole on the 58 is a little wider than the 52 even though both are the same SS grind which makes me happy. Nice to have a little different look on my two highest lofted wedges. Playing tomorrow so hopefully they work as well as they look.

Ping Glide 3.0 58.10 SS.jpg

Ping Glide 3.0 58 52 2.jpg

My Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS arrived yesterday and it's beautiful. I now have the 52/12 SS and 58/10 SS and I notice the sole on the 58 is a little wider than the 52 even though both are the same SS grind which makes me happy. Nice to have a little different look on my two highest lofted wedges. Playing tomorrow so hopefully they work as well as they look.

View attachment 8967718

View attachment 8967719

Does the 58 sole measure wider? Could just be a perceived difference due to the differences in loft and bounce angles.

Three weeks ago, I was fitted for Ping G710s (7-UW) and a 56* Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind, all with the same Recoil shafts (expected delivery is about a month out....unfortunately). I wasn't really surprised that I liked the Eye-2 grind as I used the original Eye-2 (not the "plus") on and off for years back in the day. Glad to read several positive reviews here:).

Does the 58 sole measure wider? Could just be a perceived difference due to the differences in loft and bounce angles.

Measures wider for sure, just got done playing 18, it’s a keeper!

I keep coming back to the Glide 3s. After a short romance with a different set up, I threw the 54 Eye 2 grind and the 60 TS grind in the bag. I walked up to the practice green and hit a little 25 yard chip and the ball went in the hole. The set up performed through the entire round the way that I wanted it to. It is a very versatile combo, with the two completely different grinds and bounce numbers.

I love FedEx..
They just dropped off a Ping Glide 3.0 54 SS and a Ping Glide 3.0 58 TS with the Ping Steel Shafts.. there's snow on the ground here in Boston so itll be tough to judge the spin..somehow, in the span of 3 months I've gone from a Srixon/Cleveland bag to a full Ping bag..you guys are a bad influence, but my game is getting so much better..Happy Holidays, everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20201207_135120.jpg

I meant to post this on Friday when I spotted one, but I'm behind on life right now, and then he went out and WON the Mayakoba, but this is Victor Hovland's current WITB. So yeah, they're alright. ;)

Back