Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

R.E.L. Electric Blue

That white is a $&@?! to clean. Actually, it never really fully does.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

I have the performance plus 3GEN on my MX200 now that have held up well for 2 seasons. They don't sparkle by any means, but look white. I assume the REL are the same material, no? They feel the same.

trying to decide on grips for the i20s. its down to pure pros in white, REL's in white or RELs in electric blue. your thoughts?

Go blue!

Or the isle of capri blues from pure...I have those on my wedges and they look great.

I feel the Pures, being 100% rubber, they will clean up easier than the RELs

I tried to clean the REL's on my Ci11's and they did not come clean at all. Unless I was doing it wrong.

My new sticks came in last night, the i20's look so much better than the g20's. Now I have to wait TWO whole days before I can hit them on Saturday. It is killing me to have something new and not get to use them right away,

Mmmmmmm....Grey REL 3gen's and i20/C-Taper goodness....

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_04052.jpg

My new sticks came in last night, the i20's look so much better than the g20's. Now I have to wait TWO whole days before I can hit them on Saturday. It is killing me to have something new and not get to use them right away,
Completely agree, those G20's are some fugly irons. They do what they're designed to I guess but at the expense of being shovels. Youre in AZ does it even get dark down that way? You should have plenty of time to hit the new sticks. Just messing with you, congrats on the new i20's, best irons on the market right now.

I already took the g20's out the bag, and I'm just gonna wait until Saturday. I have a tee time at 10am and the range is free if you play a round, so I'm gonna show up bout 830 and run through the clubs 2 or 3 times and get the feel for them. The face on them look much smaller, and I am hoping that the 1.75 up on the lie will help with the toe shots that I tend to hit. About 70% of my shots are right there on the edge of where the grooves meet the toe.

Mmmmmmm....Grey REL 3gen's and i20/C-Taper goodness....

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_04052.jpg

Good looking set of sticks there man. What do you think of the KBS shafts? The CFS' are launching way too high and I should have got a X flex. I'm torn between the KBS and Project X Flighted.

trying to decide on grips for the i20s. its down to pure pros in white, REL's in white or RELs in electric blue. your thoughts?

Electric blue all the way. It's what I will be doing eventally, once the current black grips wear out (PING only puts black on). Woods and Hybrids will be green and wedges will be purple.

Good looking set of sticks there man. What do you think of the KBS shafts? The CFS' are launching way too high and I should have got a X flex. I'm torn between the KBS and Project X Flighted.

C-Tapers are NOT for everyone, if you are thinking about them, go find them somewhere to try out before you jump off any cliffs, ya know?

Can't wait until I get to hit these again tomorrow at my fitting. I'm trying to be objective, but I really want a set of these!

Can't wait until I get to hit these again tomorrow at my fitting. I'm trying to be objective, but I really want a set of these!

You're coming from CG16's? i20's FTW

You're coming from CG16's? i20's FTW

Yep. Talked to the fitter a while ago. Told him I want to get something with a little smaller clubhead. Only other ones I've hit that I like are the 588CBs ($$$$$$). I think the CG16s are good sticks, I'm just ready for new irons.

Yep. Talked to the fitter a while ago. Told him I want to get something with a little smaller clubhead. Only other ones I've hit that I like are the 588CBs ($$$$$$). I think the CG16s are good sticks, I'm just ready for new irons.

I loved the CG16's too dude. I think they were some of the easiest to hit irons I ever hit and long too. But the i20's are just awesome. Not crazy blade like but still a bit smaller then SGI irons. The 588's were no bueno for me.

C-Tapers are NOT for everyone, if you are thinking about them, go find them somewhere to try out before you jump off any cliffs, ya know?

Ya I know exactly what you mean. I actually was talked into the CFS shaft by the guy at Edwin Watts. I wanted to upgrade to KBS tours and he said it was a waste of money. Now I'm really wasting money lol. Just wish I could find a couple pulls of the C-Tapers and PX Flighted

Ya I know exactly what you mean. I actually was talked into the CFS shaft by the guy at Edwin Watts. I wanted to upgrade to KBS tours and he said it was a waste of money. Now I'm really wasting money lol. Just wish I could find a couple pulls of the C-Tapers and PX Flighted

I got the shafts but just installed my 9 iron to test them, Golfworks said they could take back any unused ones, so I pulled the trigger on ordering them. Yesterday installed and tested the 9--Liked it so and Installed the rest of them. There were no Miracle fixes to my bad swings--They are just stiffer and seem more solid to me. I went by there fitting on the site and went with S+. Personally it was worth the 35 bucks for one shaft to install and test it for as long as I wanted versus just some Launch monitor--I do my own shaft pulls and installs so my investment was just the cost and shipping to get a good test.

Well here are my i20's. Just finished gripping them with Orange Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen's/3 wraps. KBS shafts I cut down to +5/8, will put them in play Sunday.
IMG_0066.jpg

Looking good there Vince!

Soooo.... Looks like I joined the i20 club today! Long story short, apparently my CG16s are all wrong. :D Too long, too upright, too soft flex. Even the grips are too big! LOL. Was fit into red dot, + .5", CFS stiff. Was killing them by the end. Primarily hit them against two sets of Mizzys, JPX 825s i also hit pretty well. Was just as long with the i20 7I as I was with my stronger lofted CG16 7I. Learned a lot today. Glad I went to a fitter that works with my golf instructor.

Soooo.... Looks like I joined the i20 club today! Long story short, apparently my CG16s are all wrong. :D Too long, too upright, too soft flex. Even the grips are too big! LOL. Was fit into red dot, + .5", CFS stiff. Was killing them by the end. Primarily hit them against two sets of Mizzys, JPX 825s i also hit pretty well. Was just as long with the i20 7I as I was with my stronger lofted CG16 7I. Learned a lot today. Glad I went to a fitter that works with my golf instructor.

Welcome to the club. We're better than everyone else over here. :D

LOL. Thanks Colt!

Congrats on the new sticks. I hope you enjoy them as well as all of us do.

TapAhoy!

Nice Jon, what were your previous spec's you were fit to?

Awesome jon. Best irons on the market and now they're in your bag. Congrats

Have I ever mentioned before that I love these irons? Had a rough night tonight but going to try to get some sleep and get in a round with the i20's and wedges only before I take off for my trip to Tennessee on Sunday.

Back