Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

They're here! They're here! The i20's came yesterday. Of course I had to hit a small bucket on the spot. There was a big downwind breeze so the distance was off but they felt great. The weather is not looking too good this weekend so I might have to wait until after work some day next to get them out. Damn!

arrived in 9 business days
5-UW, +2, silver dot, x-stiff cfs shafts, black/red midsize multicompound grips

They're here! They're here! The i20's came yesterday. Of course I had to hit a small bucket on the spot. There was a big downwind breeze so the distance was off but they felt great. The weather is not looking too good this weekend so I might have to wait until after work some day next to get them out. Damn!

arrived in 9 business days
5-UW, +2, silver dot, x-stiff cfs shafts, black/red midsize multicompound grips

Fantastic! That's pretty quick turnaround time. I hope the weather holds off for you my man!

Just got the call from my peeps at the mom and pop shop. They arrived today!! W00T!! That's quick turnaround you got there, Ping! I ordered them on 4/17. That's ordered, processed and delivered in 9 business days. #impressed.

Just got the call from my peeps at the mom and pop shop. They arrived today!! W00T!! That's quick turnaround you got there, Ping! I ordered them on 4/17. That's ordered, processed and delivered in 9 business days. #impressed.

It's just how PING rolls...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Lol. Second week of May possibly. This blows. Means I probably won't have them for the outing but hopefully before I order the Bstone irons. They're waiting on the shafts. Which is annoying because they're available most places. I may never hit them!

Lol. Second week of May possibly. This blows. Means I probably won't have them for the outing but hopefully before I order the Bstone irons. They're waiting on the shafts. Which is annoying because they're available most places. I may never hit them!

I bet Paul Casey never has to wait for his irons to be built. Sorry dude. It'll be worth it one day, LOL

If it's any consolation, I sure do like my CFS shafts :beat-up:

I bet Paul Casey never has to wait for his irons to be built. Sorry dude. It'll be worth it one day, LOL

If it's any consolation, I sure do like my CFS shafts :beat-up:

Lol. Ugh. I reckon I woulda just gone KBS had I known they would need an act of The man upstairs to get the order in before I turn 50.

It's ok though. Paul said he would hook me up with Azahara and her I20's.

wekk dude, I just hope they show by the outing, b/c that would suck if they didn't.

wekk dude, I just hope they show by the outing, b/c that would suck if they didn't.

Yeah it would. It would just mean I bring my Ci7's to carve up some pesky trash talkers.

Yeah it would. It would just mean I bring my Ci7's to carve up some pesky trash talkers.

I don't know why I typed "wekk". I meant "well". Stupid phone. Yeah, I would hope you would just bag some demo irons and have fun (588's perhaps)

I don't know why I typed "wekk". I meant "well". Stupid phone. Yeah, I would hope you would just bag some demo irons and have fun (588's perhaps)

I had this sixth sense about what you were saying lol. I will probably just do that. That's a better idea haha. It's going to be even tougher reading through the reviews now.

I had this sixth sense about what you were saying lol. I will probably just do that. That's a better idea haha. It's going to be even tougher reading through the reviews now.

Wtc dude. Change your got dang order to some control, feel and stability. Who wouldn't want that?

Wtc dude. Change your got dang order to some control, feel and stability. Who wouldn't want that?

Thought aboot it. But itd still be the same amount of time lol. And no playing what Casey plays.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Thought aboot it. But itd still be the same amount of time lol. And no playing what Casey plays.

No you'd have them already dude. But I'm just giving you a semi hard time. lol. Hopefully you get your i20's on sooner or later.

God has tried to hint to you how many times to dump the Modus hype?!?!?! Yet you still cast his signs to the wayside.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Congrats to everyone who has rec'd their orders and are enjoying their new sticks...even if just on the range. It's like every few days or so another kid enjoying presents on Xmas morning for the first time! LOL

Makes it harder for me while I wait for mine - BOO! Gotta play with my stinky old clubs tomorrow

Send an email to info@blind9olf.com

Let them know that you are a THP forum member and you want a quote on i20's. Dennis and Patty have been known to give great deals to THP'ers and I would assume they would do all they can within PING's reason.

They don't seem to offer Ping products or am I missing something?

Well, all I have to say is WOW!!! This is my first post and I must let you know that I have read the entire i20 thread and must say there is a lot of great information here about the i20s. Great reviews guys, you really explore these clubs well.

I will be visiting Phoenix in June and plan on going to the factory for a fitting and tour. I currently play X014 Pro Series which are nice but I need something that I can improve my game with. I have a very high ball flight and in fact have hit the i20 7 iron and PW (CFS S shafts) head to head with my clubs and the i20s have a much higher ball fllight then my X-14s. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what options I might look at during my fitting to help lower my ball flight from high to low/mid?

Well, all I have to say is WOW!!! This is my first post and I must let you know that I have read the entire i20 thread and must say there is a lot of great information here about the i20s. Great reviews guys, you really explore these clubs well.

I will be visiting Phoenix in June and plan on going to the factory for a fitting and tour. I currently play X014 Pro Series which are nice but I need something that I can improve my game with. I have a very high ball flight and in fact have hit the i20 7 iron and PW (CFS S shafts) head to head with my clubs and the i20s have a much higher ball fllight then my X-14s. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what options I might look at during my fitting to help lower my ball flight from high to low/mid?

All us hacks can tell you a bunch of different shafts that may be best but ultimitely you are doing the best thing by getting a good quality fitting. They will set you up right. Be sure to let us know how it goes and what you end up with. Oh, and :welcome:

The CFS shafts are nice but higher launching. I went with C Tapers in mine which will bring the flight down. Also can look at the DG offering as those will keep the flight down too.

They don't seem to offer Ping products or am I missing something?

Just send them the email or call, they can take care of you. Just because its not on the site doesn't mean they can't get it or do it. Patty and Dennis kick serious butt.

Well, I finally got to hit these babies off grass today for the first time. Oh my. I started with the CB3s and loved the c tapers. Moved to the i20s and started with yellow dots with the PXi shafts. Man. Those felt awesome. Perfect weight and feel. I then grabbed a black dot CFS in S 4i and was hitting great shots. Grabbed a black dot in PX and everything went left.

Finally settled with black dot CFS S hardstepped once (to help bring the ball down some). Kinda sad I didn't have any real cool adjustments.

I do think I will get fitted again, in store when I get ready to buy these and use more data to confirm my thoughts. I went strictly off ball flight and feel today.

Man, I tell you, those PXi shafts are awesome. I don't see many people talking about them. At $35/club upgrade though, that's a tad too pricey for me. I was surprised the c tapers felt so good. I thought with my SS of 86mph (6i) that I wouldn't have enough to load them, but they felt great.

Looks likes I got a round tomorrow morning. Going to play rain or shine(as long as course is open). It's only been a week but I am feeling i20 withdrawl.

I made an appointment for a dedicated spot on the range at a Ping demo day so I can give these a full go-round. I can't wait.

Got another round in today. I can agree with 99% of use here on this thread. The more I play with it, the more I love it.

Has anyone been to the Ping factory in Arizona? What was the experience like and how do you go about getting a tour or a fitting there? Or maybe get your clubs tuned up? Thanks.

Back