Lee's not using them, those who are wondering.

138799132.jpg

Picture from today.

Also meant to add that forgiveness was surprising. Off center hits didn't loose much yardage. I liked the top line not to thin or thick. Same for the sole. The sole on the PING was certainly thicker than the JPX Pros but not enough to cause me any concern. i didn't find anything negative with this club.

TapAhoy!

Very impressed by the I20's. PING has really improved the look at address with these and they feel pretty darn good considering it's a cast club.

I'd love to try a set with the tour bounce/sole grind.

I was able to handle them yesterday, but didn't hit them. They look real nice at address. I'm trying to think of what they remind me of.

I was able to handle them yesterday, but didn't hit them. They look real nice at address. I'm trying to think of what they remind me of.

perfection!

My golf swing?

Would be tricky. However when I had a brief chat with a Ping rep yesterday he mentioned something neat. He said they way they've done the gapping with the irons applied through the G20, I20 and Ansers. So if you were someone picky like me about scoring iron looks and you didn't want to play hybirds one could easily go 3/4 G20, 5-7 i20, 8-PW Anser and be pretty well good. He even mentioned something called a bounce grind they'll do on the G's and I's to take off up to 3 bounce per club as well as shave down the trailing edge a bit.

I'm not a Ping guy in general but I'll admit that made my gear head heart flutter.

Now I'm really thinking overboard haha.

We're these mounted on the guys wall in back too? They do look that good lol

Beast mode from tapatalk

Ping is having a demo/fitting at Edwin Watts near my tomorrow, I will def. be going to check it out.

Just got back from the demo/fitting.
I got to try out the i20's, but was recommended g20/g15's instead.
The i20's look great, and feel really nice through the swing and at impact, but I was getting more distance and accuracy with the g line.
Ping fitter was extremely helpful, we talked about the clubs, the fitting system and their entire line.
Ping has a great product with these i20's, and for lower handicap players they will be awesome.

Now I'm really thinking overboard haha.

That's cause you're my techy brocha.

I hope people don't sleep on the rest of the i20 line. The driver and fairway are great but I have to say that the hybrid is the stand out of the line to me. Great lines, compact head to get into the rough and the face down low is elongated so it's easier to make good contact on iffy lies. I dislike the PX in it but even with that they're tempting.
Curse you Ping and your .355 instead of .370 hosels.

That's cause you're my techy brocha.

I hope people don't sleep on the rest of the i20 line. The driver and fairway are great but I have to say that the hybrid is the stand out of the line to me. Great lines, compact head to get into the rough and the face down low is elongated so it's easier to make good contact on iffy lies. I dislike the PX in it but even with that they're tempting.
Curse you Ping and your .355 instead of .370 hosels.

I'll slightly disagree just because I think the irons are their best in a long time but the hybrid is amazing.

I hit the 7iron again today. I don't know what PING has done but the sound/feel from this iron is outstanding. It just feels like the ball is exploding off the face. I wish I could win a set or something.

I'll slightly disagree just because I think the irons are their best in a long time but the hybrid is amazing.

That's fair, though if I went Ping I wouldn't go past the Ansers.

They can call it a "players" hybrid all they want. That thing is easy to hit and cuts into the turf fantastically. I'm also glad it's not the size of a fairway wood for aesthetics alone...

That's fair, though if I went Ping I wouldn't go past the Ansers.

They can call it a "players" hybrid all they want. That thing is easy to hit and cuts into the turf fantastically. I'm also glad it's not the size of a fairway wood for aesthetics alone...

I might be inclined to agree with you, ie, the Anser irons.

I saw the hybrids today but couldn't hit them. I did hit the i20 driver. Wowzers!

Just picked up my I20 irons from my fitter. Man I can't wait to hit the range..

tappin from the 19th hole

I might be inclined to agree with you, ie, the Anser irons.

I saw the hybrids today but couldn't hit them. I did hit the i20 driver. Wowzers!

Wowzers good or bad?
TFC or the PX?

The tech thought I was high when I told him this but I think the i20 driver is actually more forgiving then the G15. Loved the crack off the face as well.

Wowzers good or bad?
TFC or the PX?

The tech thought I was high when I told him this but I think the i20 driver is actually more forgiving then the G15. Loved the crack off the face as well.

Wowzers good, PX Black, and I might be inclined to agree with you. You see, me and open faced drivers aren't a good mix, but for some odd reason I was pulverizing this thing. I was averaging around 3 yards of cut, which isn't bad at all. And what a mean looking driver! I need to hit it outside.

Wowzers good, PX Black, and I might be inclined to agree with you. You see, me and open faced drivers aren't a good mix, but for some odd reason I was pulverizing this thing. I was averaging around 3 yards of cut, which isn't bad at all. And what a mean looking driver! I need to hit it outside.

Yours was open eh? Mind was smack on neutral and since they've take out that horrible fade weighting I felt it set up nicely. I really like the flat black on it and the fact that they offer the VTS for it is interesting. I want to see if I can get the Ping guy back and do a pretty fitting around it.

I can't believe it but I find Ping a very interesting option from top to bottom (with adjustments).

Lucky Hoss! Are you just rolling with the irons or did you go for the woods as well?

Yours was open eh? Mind was smack on neutral and since they've take out that horrible fade weighting I felt it set up nicely. I really like the flat black on it and the fact that they offer the VTS for it is interesting. I want to see if I can get the Ping guy back and do a pretty fitting around it.

I can't believe it but I find Ping a very interesting option from top to bottom (with adjustments).

Lucky Hoss! Are you just rolling with the irons or did you go for the woods as well?

Yeah I keep hearing people say it's open but the one I hit was neutral and Ping is saying it's neutral. Whatever it is, it's a bomber

Hit these irons again today and am just about settled on these with regular steel shaft. Control with the steel felt great. Love the distance i was getting. One more testing between the steel and graphite shaft. As TC said the ball just feel like it shoots off face.

I know the Mizuno JPX and MX 1000 irons are going to go toward these. just trying to see if I want to get rid of anything else. Time to reduce my inventory but all the putters are safe.

TapAhoy!

Back