I call it juiced up machines haha

Lol one would think Deano but fact is if I look at my Cleveland Classic numbers, the PGA SS is shorter than Golfsmith and right on line with a little shop I trust. haha. I know you were joking but these are legit.

its the shafts

Might be dude but keep in mind, I carry my C Kua shafted Zstar 6i further than the steel shafted version and a little further than I was carrying the VRS 6i also with a Nippon steel. but still a 7i with those numbers??? Lol. Dang.

Off the Zstars Tmex. Some graphite iron shaft lover (dean and chunky) should take them off your hands. It's funny that you are a full lcub longer with weaker lofted irons. That's hard to figure out.

I'll never let those irons go lol. Those shafts might be in the MC if the 5.0's PX eat me up. It's hard to figure out. I'm not the absolute best with numbers yet but I think the Ballspeed, launch and carry seem about right. I'm gonna see if I can sneak out the next couple weeks, head to PIng and do one of their free fittings with the i20's.

free fitting at Ping would be awesome

Good lord Tmex. That is crazy distance. I think that is 30 yards more than what I was seeing.

Good lord Tmex. That is crazy distance. I think that is 30 yards more than what I was seeing.

It is dude. Has my brain churning. TC an KMac have great points about the shaft being crazy good too. I'll make sure to hit a ZStar 6i next time to compare for everyone though lol. It seems like its too high but I'm pretty confident, even if its a couple yards off.

It is dude. Has my brain churning. TC an KMac have great points about the shaft being crazy good too. I'll make sure to hit a ZStar 6i next time to compare for everyone though lol. It seems like its too high but I'm pretty confident, even if its a couple yards off.

That is a good idea and should give you a better idea of true numbers.

Good lord Tmex, all the crap and drama you've been through the past few months, you deserve to feel better. And I hear i20's really make a man feel special! If I was loaded, I'd buy them for you.

You guys talking a guy into buying a new set of irons that he can use for what, maybe a month or so, is crazy. He is in the Morgan Cup. He will have a brand new set of irons very soon that he is going to want to play with, practice with and get used to.

You guys and this thread are killing me!!!! I'm gonna hit these tomorrow and compare them to my 712 AP2's. The AP2's are only the second set of irons that were not Ping irons to ride in my bag the last 30 years! I feel like I am cheating on an old friend by NOT buying the i20's. I will say that the 6 rounds played so far with the AP2's went very well and I like them a lot, but I keep thinking about these i20's. I hope when I hit them I find some fault with them! The only thing I can see that I may not like aesthetically is that they are a bit "chunkier" than the AP2's. Am I right in saying that they even appear fatter than the i15's? I went from S-56's to the AP2's very smoothly. In fact I struggled with the long irons on the S-56's but hit the AP2 long irons as sweet as I've ever hit a long iron. The 4 iron is LONG, HIGH and straight.

Good lord Tmex, all the crap and drama you've been through the past few months, you deserve to feel better. And I hear i20's really make a man feel special! If I was loaded, I'd buy them for you.

Thanks dude. They really made me feel confident after the first couple swings. I did shank one haha. I know at some point you'll see these in my bag. Even if its a while down the road. These definitely deserve and warrant the attention theyre getting.

That is a good idea and should give you a better idea of true numbers.

Agreed man!!! Sometimes different days can bring different swings too. I can tell you last time I was on that same monitor, the steel shafted ZStars were 168-170 carry and the Nikes were 174-177 carry.

Damn JB and his logic. I'm a bad influence, I know. Sorry Tmex, but I do stand by what I said about the crap you've been through.

You guys and this thread are killing me!!!! I'm gonna hit these tomorrow and compare them to my 712 AP2's. The AP2's are only the second set of irons that were not Ping irons to ride in my bag the last 30 years! I feel like I am cheating on an old friend by NOT buying the i20's. I will say that the 6 rounds played so far with the AP2's went very well and I like them a lot, but I keep thinking about these i20's. I hope when I hit them I find some fault with them! The only thing I can see that I may not like aesthetically is that they are a bit "chunkier" than the AP2's. Am I right in saying that they even appear fatter than the i15's? I went from S-56's to the AP2's very smoothly. In fact I struggled with the long irons on the S-56's but hit the AP2 long irons as sweet as I've ever hit a long iron. The 4 iron is LONG, HIGH and straight.

Hahaha... I hate to break it to you. But you probably wont find much not to like.

I compared the AP2 to the i20 the other day, both outfit w/ a Nippon 950 shaft. I really liked the AP2. I liked the sound and it felt nice but there was one major thing i did not like about the AP2 and that was the glare off the club face. I noticed it immediately indoors. I imagine it to be bad outside. In all honesty, the AP2 and the i20 were kind of similar in that they both feel a bit heavier in the head compared to their counterparts. It would be a tough choice really, the AP2 was impressive, but the glare was a major con for me.

Damn JB and his logic. I'm a bad influence, I know. Sorry Tmex, but I do stand by what I said about the crap you've been through.

Haha its ok dude. I wasn't helping any at all either!

You guys talking a guy into buying a new set of irons that he can use for what, maybe a month or so, is crazy. He is in the Morgan Cup. He will have a brand new set of irons very soon that he is going to want to play with, practice with and get used to.

JB youre definitely right here. I had the intention of just hitting these and seeing what the deal was. I've resisted the other sets too and I'm really excited to be getting the Morgan Cup irons when we do. I'm patiently waiting to demo them too as their the first I always ask if they have available.

JB getting all LBJ on us in this thread. He does make good points. :angel:

I compared the AP2 to the i20 the other day, both outfit w/ a Nippon 950 shaft. I really liked the AP2. I liked the sound and it felt nice but there was one major thing i did not like about the AP2 and that was the glare off the club face. I noticed it immediately indoors. I imagine it to be bad outside. In all honesty, the AP2 and the i20 were kind of similar in that they both feel a bit heavier in the head compared to their counterparts. It would be a tough choice really, the AP2 was impressive, but the glare was a major con for me.

I like that shaft. It's still possible that finds its way in to my MC bag.

TC - You're exactly right...The ONLY fault I can find with my AP2's is the shiney, chrome look. If this iron was a completely satin finish (like the bottom of the iron) it could very well be the perfect iron for me. I will say that the glare did not bother me on the course though. Bugs me indoors, but outside, I don't even notice it. How did distances compare between the AP2's and the i20's? The i20's are a bit stronger lofted...

hmm dang might have to hit these.. i gamed the i3's back in the day that i like then the g10's which i hated.

im trying to fight the urge to get new clubs but this site and its reviews make it hard! lol

Killing me hearing all the good feedback (killing my productivity even more - just kidding if you are reading this IT Big Brother) - irony is I would have ordered these already except we have a Ping demo day Saturday here - trying hard to be patient but gotta have these - mostly want to make sure I try all shafts in an outdoor grass setting. Was pretty set on KBS Tours but the feedback on the stock CFS shaft has been so good, I can't pull the trigger until I try those and hopefully get some solid #s I'll post here.

Went to the local box store a couple times this week to have a look at these. Agree with most the topline is a little thicker than I'd like but definitely not enough to not buy them - I thought there was a little "curve" at the top that helps make it look a little smaller at setup. Haven't looked at Ping for a while (had G5s years ago) and I really like the S56s I saw next to the i20s - will try both but willing to bet I go i20 as I definitely want forgiveness or workability.

Two more days until demo day...

Hmm how about a little i20 5-PW action? I just might have brokered a little action for some i20 love

It was only a matter of time!

That's what I ordered yesterday 5 - PW.

TapAhoy!

I noticed the standard swing weight thru 9i on these is a D0. I'm a SW novice, but I did notice that other irons I've liked were almost always D2. Obviously, Ping can adjust, but just wondered if I need to consider anything I'm not aware of with that request. Anybody with the i20s in hand already have the SW adjusted and notice anythign unexpected?? Thanks in advance.

Back