Just read somewhere where ping is stopping taking orders for the i200s. I have a ping fitting on Thursday and it will be interesting to see if I like them and want to order these what the rep says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

seems so, i have been eyeing the I200 and now 2nd swing whom i was going to trade some clubs in against the I200 or JPX hot metal no longer offer the i200 option.

I have the i200’s with PX LZ and have loved them, was hoping for a bit. Ore distance out of them and thinking about sending them to Ping having them bent to the Power Spec lofts. Anything for or against doing it after the fact? Not worth it?

I know I know, distance shouldn’t matter....it’s all about consistency

Still very inconsistent with these...long irons I’ve done really well with but 8-U have been disappointing which is sort of the opposite of what you’d expect. I have the AWT 2.0 which are great shafts but not sure the progressive weighting/stiffness is the best for me. Seems like the shafts in the longer irons suit me well while at some point the profile gets heavier and stiffer than I want. Hard to say for sure.

Soooooo, I’ve read all 72 pages in this thread. I come here doing things in backward fashion. I call it impulse shopping. Lol

The back story is my wife suggesting I put together a second bag for when we visit her dad in the summer. That way we don’t have to take my main bag when we drive to New Brunswick. Well, you don’t have to tell me twice. ��

Fast forward to this past Thursday. Golf Town has an ongoing demo sale. I came across a very good condition Ping i200 iron set, 4 through PW. I ask to hit them in a bay, and after 15 swings with the 7 iron I happily walk out the store with them for $500 plus tax. They are black dot, AWT 2.0 stiff iron shafts. What did I love about them? 12 of 15 swings were on the button between 170 and 180 roll out with 36 peak height. I’m normally a low ball hitter. Loved them.

So, like I tend to do BEFORE I buy something I like to research and HP site is my go-to for golf stuff. Reading through the 72 pages has me now pondering using THIS set as my main set and my current set (Mizuno JPX900 forged) will go with us to use in the summer rounds.

Next steps will be to contact Ping for a fitting in the Oakville fitting centre and if I get these properly fit (if required, I mean what is the odds I have a set that fits me right out the gate), I’m gonna game these going forward.

So all that to say, a huge thank you to all of the contributors in this site. You really do make a difference by sharing your experiences!!

Enjoy them. I plan on gaming them at least until the i210 are replaced or maybe and updated iBlade set that's possibly just around the corner. These are really easy to hit and I found no difference between the i210 and i200 and the i500 wasn't much longer nor worth the price tag.

Enjoy them. I plan on gaming them at least until the i210 are replaced or maybe and updated iBlade set that's possibly just around the corner. These are really easy to hit and I found no difference between the i210 and i200 and the i500 wasn't much longer nor worth the price tag.
Reading through this thread enforced what you said, really easy to hit. Jman was so effusive in his praise as well. When a club can perform that well, for many users, there must be something to them. I’m looking froward to getting these on a launch monitor to dial in a shaft.

Thanks Hedley!

This forum made me forget pride in the game and bag a 5H. Best golf decision I've made. I have thought about picking up a set of iBlades to tinker with (not to replace)

Without trawling through the whole thread, has anyone adjusted the lie angle on these?

I ordered mine red dot, didn’t self adjust.

I still have these with some Nippon Modus 120 shafts and am finally in love with a set of irons for the first time in at least a decade.

Without trawling through the whole thread, has anyone adjusted the lie angle on these?

It can be done. How much adjustment do you need?

A couple of degrees flatter.

Any authorized dealer should be able to make that adjustment. Larger adjustments can be done if you send them in to Ping.

I just gotta give more love to these. My best season in scoring, thanks to my iron play and now the G400 driver in the bag. The irons are holding up very well and continue to impress me with dispersion, feel and flight. So happy with these.

Back