Sorry but for me, there is no comparison between i20/i25/i200 irons to the i210....
Not sure if it's just the elastomer addition or what but Yuge difference in feel.....I think they've gotten it right concerning launch spin combination. Add in the feel and you've got yourself a winner in my book!

I think they are good irons, just nothing that wowed and nothing that made them significantly different for me based on my short time hitting them. Performance may in fact be way better now, but looks and feel were extremely similar for me to their last lines. That’s also not a bad thing IMO because I’ve liked their past lines a lot. My take away from them was basically “yep, those are Pings”

Sorry but for me, there is no comparison between i20/i25/i200 irons to the i210....
Not sure if it's just the elastomer addition or what but Yuge difference in feel.....I think they've gotten it right concerning launch spin combination. Add in the feel and you've got yourself a winner in my book!

I’m with you. The blow the i25, ie1, i200 and iblade out of the water in feel. Looks have greatly improved since i20 and without numbers the performance in distance and dispersion was noticeable from what I remember in those previous iterations.

Purely my opinion but these are going to be the sleeper irons this year

I think they are good irons, just nothing that wowed and nothing that made them significantly different for me based on my short time hitting them. Performance may in fact be way better now, but looks and feel were extremely similar for me to their last lines. That’s also not a bad thing IMO because I’ve liked their past lines a lot. My take away from them was basically “yep, those are Pings”

I understand your position....I've pretty much played CB irons ..... forged mostly and Ping irons always gave the long forgiveness, wide sole impression in anything outside S series...... so when I've hit I series in the past , they've also have missed just a bit on feel....original eye2 felt better imho..... things have changed in my mind in regards to feel and even in design....the cavity is appealing in its own way...the long irons have some sole width to them but not obtrusive

It's wild, I'm maybe the biggest iSeries fan here, have had the 20, 25, iE1, and i200, I think these are gorgeous as well, but there just isn't that pull to run out and try or buy them, even at a great price.

If I already owned i200s I'd feel the same way. I think they are an improvement, but more of an evolutionary one. For what it would cost to switch, I would be looking for a more radical change which in this case would mean either i500 or some other model.

OTOH, if you're an i200 fence sitter like me, it's a strong nudge.

Demos for these and the i500 are in our pro shop. I dropped off my wedges to get re-shafted and also regripped my backup putter, so I asked to take a look at the heads. Yes, the i500 looks better in the bag (i210s are no slouches though), but from the top they looked real similar. I'm glad someone was in the hitting bay because I would have been tempted to take a few swings.

Going to wait a month due to uncertain job situations here, but if everything goes well I'll get fit for these. They're alone at the top of my iron ponder at the moment.

Hit these again yesterday along with i500. Both are great offerings and the best ping irons in awhile. Both performed similarly for me and going either route is a good choice. With things being pretty equally from a visual standpoint and liking what I see in the p790s and as much as I wanted these in the bag the i500 just present a better look and are the way I’m eventually going to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I thought but it's what I would want in that kind of iron.
These i210s look and feel like what a Ping iron should look and feel like.

Definitely nothing that made me want them in my bag right now but if I was looking for a new set of irons, these would easily make the list.

Hit these again yesterday along with i500. Both are great offerings and the best ping irons in awhile. Both performed similarly for me and going either route is a good choice. With things being pretty equally from a visual standpoint and liking what I see in the p790s and as much as I wanted these in the bag the i500 just present a better look and are the way I’m eventually going to go

pretty much my same sentiment. actually spot on to my sentiment...

i’m with you. The blow the i25, ie1, i200 and iblade out of the water in feel. Looks have greatly improved since i20 and without numbers the performance in distance and dispersion was noticeable from what i remember in those previous iterations.

Purely my opinion but these are going to be the sleeper irons this year

totally agree

@jb what did you think?

I will have more later, but as much as I enjoyed the i500, I thought these were meh. Now dont get me wrong, they are a solid iron, I just think I liked the previous version better, despite these feeling a little better to me.

For all you Ping'ers out there....what is the notch on the back of the hosel there for?

For all you Ping'ers out there....what is the notch on the back of the hosel there for?

For loft and lie adjustments.

Greetings all....this is my very first post so be gentle! I've always been a single digit handicapper but in recent years that single digit has been trending upward. I'm 64 years old with a current index of 6.1.

I have been a long time Ping iron player. In fact, I have played my Ping Nickel ISI irons since they were introduced in 1998. Before that I played Copper Eye2's.

Last Friday I received my beautiful, new I210 irons. I had a mini-member guest tournament scheduled for Saturday and I was hesitant about showing up with new, untested irons so I headed out for the "emergency nine" on Friday. On Saturday, the very first round with my new irons I shot 71 which was my best score in several years! I have nothing but great things to say about these I210 irons. The compact head looks great at address and there is just enough forgiveness for the slightly missed shot. The launch is high with plenty of spin. These irons are very consistent with a solid, soft feel. With my old ISI irons, I had a soft hook because of the offset. The I210's have also straightened out my ball flight. Overall I'm extremely happy with these new irons! Get fit and enjoy!

Welcome to THP. Enjoy your new irons.

Greetings all....this is my very first post so be gentle! I've always been a single digit handicapper but in recent years that single digit has been trending upward. I'm 64 years old with a current index of 6.1.

I have been a long time Ping iron player. In fact, I have played my Ping Nickel ISI irons since they were introduced in 1998. Before that I played Copper Eye2's.

Last Friday I received my beautiful, new I210 irons. I had a mini-member guest tournament scheduled for Saturday and I was hesitant about showing up with new, untested irons so I headed out for the "emergency nine" on Friday. On Saturday, the very first round with my new irons I shot 71 which was my best score in several years! I have nothing but great things to say about these I210 irons. The compact head looks great at address and there is just enough forgiveness for the slightly missed shot. The launch is high with plenty of spin. These irons are very consistent with a solid, soft feel. With my old ISI irons, I had a soft hook because of the offset. The I210's have also straightened out my ball flight. Overall I'm extremely happy with these new irons! Get fit and enjoy!

That's awesome! Can't wait to test these out!

Welcome to THP! That's great to hear the irons are performing for you right out of the gate.

Hit these today and was really impressed. Great feel, easy to hit, and could tell they were generating a lot of spin, which for me is a really good thing. Very intrigued by them and didn't think I would be.

Hit these today and was really impressed. Great feel, easy to hit, and could tell they were generating a lot of spin, which for me is a really good thing. Very intrigued by them and didn't think I would be.

Those are the three main reasons I went with these. I also really like how they look. My set is due in tomorrow so I will have some impressions over the next few days.

Welcome, and congrats on the new irons, as well as your immediate success with them. How about sharing with us your setup, in particular the shafts you chose? Thanks

Welcome, and congrats on the new irons, as well as your immediate success with them. How about sharing with us your setup, in particular the shafts you chose? Thanks

My driver swing speed is about 99 mph. My I210's are red dot ( 1* flat), standard length & lofts with Project X LZ 5.5 shafts and Golf Pride Tour Velvet Mid-sized grips.

Thanks all for the nice welcomes!

Welp, my guy ordered them with the wrong shafts. Smacwraps rather than the 95. Going to give them a whirl to see how I like them.

Welp, my guy ordered them with the wrong shafts. Smacwraps rather than the 95. Going to give them a whirl to see how I like them.

I believe Smacwrap is the standard option. Did you pay for an upgrade to the 95?

I believe Smacwrap is the standard option. Did you pay for an upgrade to the 95?

You are correct - these were ordered for me as a “demo set” by an old pro I used to work with, asked for the 95, but I think he just misordered. Cost was too good for me to say send them back. Luckily, I know someone if I need to get some 95s.

Bummer dude! SmacWrap until some customs might not be too bad...

Back