I have 4 rounds and some range sessions on my i210's. Coming from the 19 Apex pro i figured I would just try these for a round or two and resell them. I got a killer deal on u-4 iron. Well, I have noticed that I do not get the rocket shots I would get with my apex pros. Every once in a while I would get 10 extra yards out of the fairway or off a tee in par 3 with the apex pro and it would just sail over the back. The i210's have not done that to me yet. They do not sound as good as the pros but they are predictable. I forgot how much I missed that, my MP64's I played for years before I could hit 3 clubs the same distance at will because they were so consistent. The pings might be in the same ball park. I spent a summer trying to figure out how far I hit each apex pro and still do not have it nailed, but the i210 took 2 rounds and I have it figured out.

I just had a fitting and am currently playing i200s. I went in thinking i210s and I didn’t hit them as well as my i200s. I was surprised by that.
Just general dispersion or loss of distance?

It was both dispersion and distance. I never got to the same shaft that is in my i200s because I had found other combos I hit better than them already.
Right on. I hit them, and thought them a little too similar. I'm looking forward to an update on this one. Hoping it's more dramatic.

I finished playing La Jolla on the sim and had a 1/2 hour of time. I am still waiting on more new clubs to arrive to test and asked Woody if there were any other potential existing options I should test. I have hit everything new that has come in so far. He gave me an i210 7i with a PX LZ 6.0 shaft. I have hit the i210 perviously but it has been awhile. Shaft is a little loose feeling to me and took some adjustment. Looking down at the club, it doesn't do much for me. Sound is OK, not soft but not harsh. No wow feel at impact. But holy cow, distance control and side to side dispersion were great. 6.2-6.3K spin. 20* launch. 118-120 ball speed. Head does well on my misses. Easy enough for me to work the ball both ways. Solid, no nonsense performer. I will give it a shot head to head when I eventually get fit for new irons. The LZ shaft is probably not my fit, but it did grow on me a bit as I hit it. It's an easy shaft.

Severely late to this thread but giving the i210 irons a run......little more forgiveness I'm hoping and shade more feel.....very much a unicorn type iron in that pros are still winning with yet 10+ hdcp can use .....

they are one of the best Ping irons I've played and I tend to buy everything they make - interesting to see how they improve on these.

they are one of the best Ping irons I've played and I tend to buy everything they make - interesting to see how they improve on these.

And I love the fact of an admission that these still are fairly perfect in every way and extremely tough to improve on no matter what the R&D guys throw at it .......feel? Check, forgiveness? Check, trajectory control? Check ......address? Maybe less offset? Nah.....

The best decision I made was to go from IBlades to the I210. My ball striking has never been better.

It’s one of those weird situations where it’s still a current line, yet not readily available, and could almost say a cult classic already.

I hit it the best at the store every time I try it against other irons, yet I feel if I bought them would be scared to death to use them on the course. Always use shovels.

Only 7i demo club I consistently get over 5k spin and around a 43* descent angle.

My worry is losing distance as because of the nice height and spin I tend to hit these 5-10 yds shorter than most 7i which is strictly down to most irons being stronger lofted.

I should just bite the bullet and but a set.

anyone see the new i59 that Hovland is playing ?

pretty sick looking.

It’s one of those weird situations where it’s still a current line, yet not readily available, and could almost say a cult classic already.

I hit it the best at the store every time I try it against other irons, yet I feel if I bought them would be scared to death to use them on the course. Always use shovels.

Only 7i demo club I consistently get over 5k spin and around a 43* descent angle.

My worry is losing distance as because of the nice height and spin I tend to hit these 5-10 yds shorter than most 7i which is strictly down to most irons being stronger lofted.

pretty sick looking.

Just put a set of AWT 2.0 REGULAR ssx1 in 4i and 8i .....amazing flight, height and feel.....only hit a few shots ; off the tee and the sandy, tight deck aka bare spots in yard! Can't wait to hit these on the course.....until then , wanna check the monitor just to see launch n spin but course will be the true test...

pretty sick looking.

You can power spec them 😁

Just put a set of AWT 2.0 REGULAR ssx1 in 4i and 8i .....amazing flight, height and feel.....only hit a few shots ; off the tee and the sandy, tight deck aka bare spots in yard! Can't wait to hit these on the course.....until then , wanna check the monitor just to see launch n spin but course will be the true test...
I thought you had a full 4-UW set?

I210s get maiden voyage tomorrow!
Nice. I couldn’t find a set of i210’s yet but in the meantime picked up a 5-U set of i200’s with XP95 shafts. Hope to have them early next week.

Here's some quick , random thoughts;

The i210 is an inherent progressive combo set without all of the glitz and glam of modern technology.....no tungsten, no multi-material sans the extra elastomer, no insanely strong lofts.......

No the Ping i210 is just a great looking and feeling iron that works for Tour Pros and amateurs alike.....

One of biggest takeaways is the CONSISTENCY in feel.....I've played quite a few combo sets over the years; 2011 Nike vr pro combo, Srixon Z785 7-pw Z585 4-6 irons, T200 4-gw to name a few.......the MAIN issue for me is the lack of continuity in the FEEL aspect.....long irons in the sets mentioned have a different feel in comparison to the short irons and after awhile, this wore on me.......call me silly but it just did.

The i210s are just very consistent in standard flight and feel .....for someone who plays alot or not so much , this is just a reliable feature that goes overlooked

Last edited:
These are such underrated irons. I still regret not choosing them at the Ultimate Weekend of Golf in 2019. I hit them so well and they just worked on course. However, they were not the newest, flashiest or most techy irons and I mistakenly passed them up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

These are such underrated irons. I still regret not choosing them at the Ultimate Weekend of Golf in 2019. I hit them so well and they just worked on course. However, they were not the newest, flashiest or most techy irons and I mistakenly passed them up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I hear ya. I did an iron fitting back in 2017. Ended up with the g700’s cause I chased distance. i series was crazy consistent and I passed on them.

Played a familiar course......shot even par with 5 birds and 5 bogies.....2 poor drives didn't leave me much

Hit 12 GIR's......the other 4 were a missed 9i, U wedge 6i n 4i......getting up n down on 2 of those and one 3 putt to finish.....

The main takeaway from my 2nd Round with Ping i210 irons; I'M MADLY, INSANELY IN LOVE with these irons.......once dialed into my specs(length n lie) I'm truly expecting to average 13+ per round......SERIOUSLY.....these ABSOLUTELY fit my needs : easy to launch, look and feel great, very forgiving without being overly bulky.

Still waiting on my i200’s. We’re supposed to be here yesterday with the now familiar no update from USPS;)

Back