Nice. I couldn’t find a set of i210’s yet but in the meantime picked up a 5-U set of i200’s with XP95 shafts. Hope to have them early next week.
I play the i200’s and love ‘em. I think you’ll really enjoy them, they’re great irons.
The i210s came just a year or so after the i200’s and I couldn’t justify buying a new set.

Played a familiar course......shot even par with 5 birds and 5 bogies.....2 poor drives didn't leave me much

Hit 12 GIR's......the other 4 were a missed 9i, U wedge 6i n 4i......getting up n down on 2 of those and one 3 putt to finish.....

The main takeaway from my 2nd Round with Ping i210 irons; I'M MADLY, INSANELY IN LOVE with these irons.......once dialed into my specs(length n lie) I'm truly expecting to average 13+ per round......SERIOUSLY.....these ABSOLUTELY fit my needs : easy to launch, look and feel great, very forgiving without being overly bulky.

So had 1/2" chopped off butt end.....didn't get swingweights but I'll check later.....today I went to the range .....as long as I kept up my rotation vs sliding through, I hit absolute great shots......nearing the end, I hit 2 4i's off the deck that just looked delicious.....😍😍😍

Even the misses(thin) went directionally correct.....dying for next round seeing how I'm driving it, putting it and now approaching it with tons of confidence......

Just gave my 200’s a workout.
54F1569C-8984-4C89-B306-B5F7C222651E.jpeg

Initial impressions were good. I was skeptical that I’d be able to hit them without a bunch of bad shots given I normally play hybrid style irons but other than the occasional bad miss like I always have with irons these were no different.

I liked the minimal offset and thus very easy to line up.
they had really good launch (shafted with TT XP95 Reg).

The set wedges felt a little light but launched higher than any GW I’ve tried before.

the 6i was serviceable but with a 38” 5i I couldn’t hit that off the deck. I start my irons at a 6 anyway so not a big concern.

distance was tough to discern cause I was hitting uphill into a crosswind. But very excited to try these on the course.

oh and sound and feel I thought were great. I recently had a set of forged pxgs and thought these felt better.

The one thing I noticed today was that the shaft just below the grip had a sticker that said “power spec”. I bought them used and the seller said they were Std lofts so I’m sorting that out. My main reason to try these was their launch and spin. Which seemed fine so if they are strong lofted I never knew it. Heck might even be a blessing in disguise.

I really want to see what this next version brings us.

Gonna take a ton to actually improve.....almost anything else might put it into a different category.

Hows your yardages with these, like 7 iron carry? What did they replace? They look great, I’m a lefty too.😀

Hows your yardages with these, like 7 iron carry? What did they replace? They look great, I’m a lefty too.😀

Hey Mike , thanks ....they really do look and feel the part! I've hit most player's irons available to us portsiders......just came from Srixon Z785 7-pw Z585 4-6 combo followed by T200s w/ AMT BLACK R300......Srixon had kbs tour then ctaper 95 regular.......

I210s......you've read my thoughts on these irons .....they've been in my crosshairs for 3yrs now.....
I crave launch especially in the longer irons AND demand a nice feel continuously through the set....this is where the rubber hits the road.....the 2 previous sets were severely different in the feel department between short and long irons....I felt a clack like sensation with both Titleist n Srixon combo sets; T200s are listed as combo but construction is different.

Now i210 feels the same U wedge to 4i .....progressively bigger but not obtrusive. Some would say too high of a launch but not for this old guy.....

Distance......hard to say , I'm just getting i210s completely dialed in including lie adjustment today on 7i.....I played 2 rounds with them at 1.25" over std shooting 73-72 with 14 and 12 greens just with gripping down.....finally got around to butt trimming and have yet to play. I should be on the course Thursday weather permitting. I'm pretty confident however that an actual slight gain from overall carry being better , strikes being more confident and clubs just being more consistent by design.....

Long winded but I'm giddy!

The feel of the i210's is interesting. It's definitely not a soft forged feel but it's not really what I think of when I think of a cast iron head either. Is kind of plush but firm.

It seems like I'm starting to see somewhat of an iron swing returning and I'm back to seeing distances I'm used to. The nice thing is that these offer a good bit of forgiveness on all of my off days this year. It's a very impressive iron in that it seems to do everything very well.

Initial impressions were good. I was skeptical that I’d be able to hit them without a bunch of bad shots given I normally play hybrid style irons but other than the occasional bad miss like I always have with irons these were no different.

I liked the minimal offset and thus very easy to line up.
they had really good launch (shafted with TT XP95 Reg).

The set wedges felt a little light but launched higher than any GW I’ve tried before.

the 6i was serviceable but with a 38” 5i I couldn’t hit that off the deck. I start my irons at a 6 anyway so not a big concern.

distance was tough to discern cause I was hitting uphill into a crosswind. But very excited to try these on the course.

oh and sound and feel I thought were great. I recently had a set of forged pxgs and thought these felt better.

The one thing I noticed today was that the shaft just below the grip had a sticker that said “power spec”. I bought them used and the seller said they were Std lofts so I’m sorting that out. My main reason to try these was their launch and spin. Which seemed fine so if they are strong lofted I never knew it. Heck might even be a blessing in disguise.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Mine are power spec lofts 4-U and I can still get them way up in the air all the way through the bag. My apex pro/ mp20 mb irons have weaker lofts per club but my 7 iron in the i210 still goes higher then the 7 iron (30.5 degrees vs 34) in the other two all with the same flex shaft. Right now I am having a hard time deciding what I want to play. Bag appeal on these is no where near blades. On the days that my ball striking is on I score roughly the same with all three iron sets, but when it is off the pings save the day. My bad striking days are fat shots and the massive soles on these help a ton. The bag appeal is not up to the blades or satin apex irons. So I fight with ego vs. score when I look at my bag. But performance is always there with the i210.

I will admit I am a bit shocked that these iron do not have the cult like following on this site as they do on others. Rarely see them as you got to try this club or have a massive following. Just seems off to me, is that all marketing or does each site kinda follow the best players likes and dislikes on each site ( you two know who you are on here) and neither speak highly about these.

I will admit I am a bit shocked that these iron do not have the cult like following on this site as they do on others. Rarely see them as you got to try this club or have a massive following. Just seems off to me, is that all marketing or does each site kinda follow the best players likes and dislikes on each site ( you two know who you are on here) and neither speak highly about these.
I can’t speak to any perceived site bias or following etc. . I just know from experience when I went for an iron fitting a few years back the i200 was the most consistent of the irons I hit that day but I chased 1/2 -3/4 club extra distance and long term it never worked out with the irons I went with.

then over the past 2 years I’ve been testing irons in the shop And always of the iron tested that day, I hit the i210 the highest with the most spin. And usually the most accurately too.
The main fitter at my local shop told me last week if you need height, spin and more forgiveness they can’t be beat in that iron profile.

I can’t speak to any perceived site bias or following etc. . I just know from experience when I went for an iron fitting a few years back the i200 was the most consistent of the irons I hit that day but I chased 1/2 -3/4 club extra distance and long term it never worked out with the irons I went with.

then over the past 2 years I’ve been testing irons in the shop And always of the iron tested that day, I hit the i210 the highest with the most spin. And usually the most accurately too.
The main fitter at my local shop told me last week if you need height, spin and more forgiveness they can’t be beat in that iron profile.
A buddy of mine did a fitting this year and was fit in to these for this exact reason. He ended up going with the retro loft setup for a little extra spin and it got him to the distances he's used to. He's been cycling through iron sets the past couple of years but is in love with the i210's.

A buddy of mine did a fitting this year and was fit in to these for this exact reason. He ended up going with the retro loft setup for a little extra spin and it got him to the distances he's used to. He's been cycling through iron sets the past couple of years but is in love with the i210's.

This is me but without actually being fit.....I'm lefty so all trial n error method.......again thinking combo sets in which long irons launch higher but it still comes down to feel appeal.....I haven't enjoy the CLACK that resonates from these types of irons dating back to the 2011 Nike vr pro combo sets.......beautiful, high launching long irons but the channel provided an annoying sound/feel...... T200s also.....now TBH I was/am working on getting Z785 4,5 iron heads .....didn't think I could handle them but they're not as bad to elevate as my psi tour irons(like I said , tons of sets)

I210s aren't forged , aren't endo buttery soft but just solid , consistent performers that most should enjoy

Reactions: KEV
The nice thing is that these offer a good bit of forgiveness on all of my off days this year.
This was the determining factor in switching out the Iblades. I think they feel just as good, I've already gotten used to the 4, 5 iron size without feeling putoff, and when I don't strike it well I'm not as punished. Just great irons.

And @erock9174 I might be in the minority but I actually like the look of the i200 more so than the i210 🙂

Cutting that butt gonna lighten that swingweight.

This was the determining factor in switching out the Iblades. I think they feel just as good, I've already gotten used to the 4, 5 iron size without feeling putoff, and when I don't strike it well I'm not as punished. Just great irons.

And @erock9174 I might be in the minority but I actually like the look of the i200 more so than the i210 🙂

Just curious as to why......i200 over i210 in looks department.....

I just got fit into these a couple of weeks ago. They were already at the top of my list before the fitting as I have always found PING i series irons very forgiving and just much easier to hit for me, especially on bad swing days.
I played the MP20 MMC this past season which I love the feel of, but they weren’t the most forgiving on thin shots on bad swing days.

Last edited:
Back