OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
allgolfequipment_20220117_9.jpgallgolfequipment_20220117_8.jpgallgolfequipment_20220117_7.jpg

Same with these. Pulled them over so we could discuss. People have really been waiting for these, and they're not supposed to be a continuation of the aluminum core tech from the i59. I was told by the rep that they addressed the harsher feel they were previously known for.

Usually ping irons do it for me, this one initially does not.

Hmm. I don’t know. I don’t hate them. They don’t jump out at me either. I’m interested to see if they made them feel better. I’m scared to find out how much they are though lol.

Hmm. I don’t know. I don’t hate them. They don’t jump out at me either. I’m interested to see if they made them feel better. I’m scared to find out how much they are though lol.
Yeah I'm curious about that myself.

I'm also curious about combos/pairings looks and feels too with the constructions being a little different.

That notch in the back of the hosel looks weird. I know it's a Ping Thing, but it really looks obtrusive on these irons for some reason.

Yeah I'm curious about that myself.

I'm also curious about combos/pairings looks and feels too with the constructions being a little different.
With the i59 I assume? Haven’t had a chance to try those yet. Personally, I think the next ping iron I’ll be excited about is the i210 replacement.

I500 feel and sound were off for me. Results with them were great. If Ping can fix that, they’ll be great. If not, no thanks.

With the i59 I assume? Haven’t had a chance to try those yet. Personally, I think the next ping iron I’ll be excited about is the i210 replacement.
Well that's what I mean. I have the i59, and while they're ping-ish they're definitely a little different with the aluminum core, and they're fairly compact. Smaller than the iBlades they replaced. I'll be curious to see a 6 of the 25 next to a 7 of the 59. Would these combo better with the the 230?

Depending on the size difference I could see them as a combo set with the i59’s. Curious as why they didn’t keep the construction similar with the aluminum core?

Any idea if this is a solid body or is it a hollow body in the spirit of the i500?

Depending on the size difference I could see them as a combo set with the i59’s. Curious as why they didn’t keep the construction similar with the aluminum core?
I'm trying to remember timelines - I hit the i59 way early, but I think when they were finally bringing them around to show is when they had the the glide forged with them and getting ready to release them too.. whenever that was I asked about the 500 replacement, he said spring, I asked if it was going to be a continuation of the 'aluminium' core tech, and he said no, hollow. I asked about any new dampening because people didn't love the sound/feel of the 500, and he said it had 'been addressed'. Whatever that means. Sounded like the aluminum core was a one-off. These don't look especially hollow though, so who knows.

Reactions: MH
Would like to see some in black or copper. And they need to be as soft as the criminal justice system.

I was a Ping homer until I wasn’t. I’m sure I’ll give them a hit but wonder about they random price increase and launching over seas first.

I don’t mind the look of the iron.

I210 are the one & only ping hit by me that said take me home, never did but yes.

That notch in the back of the hosel looks weird. I know it's a Ping Thing, but it really looks obtrusive on these irons for some reason.
That's what my eye is drawn to as well.

I'll order to combo with my i59

if these beat out the 5h & i210 6i will be the test

The I500 were an early addition to the hollow body iron movement. They were terrible. Super clicky, super high COG that made them almost unplayable for everyone. Will be curious to see what they did here.

Not too bad, it definitely looks like a Ping iron. There are better looking options out there and I wonder how it will feel compared to the last version and what the price will come in at.

That classic notch in the hosel may be one of my favorite features in golf equipment history.

Not an iron I have any business hitting, but it looks solid. Not sure if illusional or not, but the notch looks bigger now. (probably a camera angle. )Would like to see a 7 iron.

I wanted to like the i500 but couldn't get past the sound and feel, these have me interested particularly in the long irons 3,4 and 5.

I like the look. I'm more interested in the next 200 series though.

they look pretty good to me. i despise that notch, though.

Back